U.S. Politics Discussion

PaperThinWalls

Those first few days contained alot of misinformation. Think they've got alot more clarity since then. The more I read, the madder I get. Sounds like an absolute mess. Even as they were getting calls from children in those classrooms, they still assumed the shooter was the only one alive in them and yet they waited

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Doink! said:

AR15s are not automatic, further proving my point that you know little about guns.

maybe not completely automatic, but they are semi-automatic. and he got them as soon as he turned 18, with no waiting period at all.

If they spent more time actually voting accordingly on sheeit and less time playing the "game", so much more would get done

3 hours ago, Mr.Dreadful said:

maybe not completely automatic, but they are semi-automatic. and he got them as soon as he turned 18, with no waiting period at all.

All semiautomatic means is one trigger pull, one bullet. 95% of guns are semiauto.

32 minutes ago, WNX said:

If they spent more time actually voting accordingly on sheeit and less time playing the "game", so much more would get done

What makes me mad the most is when they are voting on the issue and they sneak in other shit into the bill, and then blame the other side when it doesn't pass.

Both parties do it and it's annoying af.

Listen if the people who are the supposed good guys were afraid to go in because the guy had a certain gun maybe the gun shouldn't be readily available .

This is literally the only country that doesn't do anything to fix the solution after mass shootings and we keep having mass shootings. 

Gun nuts have a disease. That's really all there is to it. You're talking about people who are indoctrinated into a life of gun culture simply because it's what their parents have raised them with.  It's an endless cycle of ignorance, tbh. And, no...nobody needs this many guns (and the photo is real)...(and you can find countless other photos like it). It's a disease...often bordering on child abuse.

FT8oZWmUEAA28e-.thumb.jpg.83ee634b562fd8af51898b2e8c6f4cdc.jpg

I think the argument that'll be made here is it's not about "need". What are the chances they even use a fraction of these? They prolly just bust them out on occasion and clean em up so they look pretty. Oh sheeit, I just noticed the ones on the roof, ?

As a picture, as just this scene with no context, it's really no different from any other hobby involving collectables. Biggest difference is you'd prolly have a hard time killing somebody with a baseball card or figurine. He's most likely a vet, took up the craft decades ago and gradually grew it to this size. We'd like to believe they're teaching the youngsters the responsibility of being around and using them, as a responsible gun family would. There's zero guarantee that kid won't grow up and shoot up a place (or even do it tomorrow) but, if he does, using one of those from that collection, that's entirely on the parents.

1 hour ago, Doink! said:

I have always found it fascinating how the people who distrust the police the most also want to disarm the public.

Not that fascinating, really...comes down to the lowest common denominator of most people being either dumb or assholes...or dumb assholes. Cops are included in this...as are the general public. So...guns in the wrong hands can easily go both ways. Seems pretty straight forward that the people who are against guns are against them in both directions. Not sure where the "fascination" comes from.

27 minutes ago, Doink! said:

Okay. Then if citizens can't be trusted with guns, and the government can't be trusted with guns, how do we defend ourselves from criminals with guns?

Stop making guns so easy to for everyone to obtain.

See...that wasn't so difficult.

5 hours ago, Doink! said:

Okay. Then if citizens can't be trusted with guns, and the government can't be trusted with guns, how do we defend ourselves from criminals with guns?

Start by fixing government, hold them accountable, maybe not vote for asshats like cruz etc just because they are republicans?
Then fix society so that neither guns nor criminals are a problem...and most of all, stop making *censored*ing excuses.

All our countries have criminals with guns, you dont see us constantly want to arm ourself and everyone who has money, which ends up in making things more dangerous.

People act like America is a special case that has the worst criminals and the most danger etc...no you are just freaking lazy and decided to worship guns for no real reason instead of fixing mentally and social what is broken.

4 hours ago, Mani-Man said:

Start by fixing government, hold them accountable, maybe not vote for asshats like cruz etc just because they are republicans?
Then fix society so that neither guns nor criminals are a problem...and most of all, stop making *censored*ing excuses.

You're not wrong... on any of this.

On 6/5/2022 at 8:14 PM, Doink! said:

I have always found it fascinating how the people who distrust the police the most also want to disarm the public.

1. People with guns can't do much against the police, and even if they tried, police and the government have more weapons.

2. I never talked about disarming the public. Stricter gun control is not the same as disarming. Unless of course, you shouldn't be handling a gun in the first place. 

40 minutes ago, Lunchbox said:

Kinda love how the republics spent years telling everyone the election was a fraud the second one of them go underoath they admit it wasn't.

That's why I can't vote and won't vote Republican for a while. My conscious won't let me vote for a bunch of gun-loving, environment polluting, Russia-supporting, anti-Semitic, minority oppressing, conspiracy pushing lunatics. I'm sure I left out a lot of other bad stuff too lol

On 6/11/2022 at 12:15 AM, maskedmaniac said:

That's why I can't vote and won't vote Republican for a while. My conscious won't let me vote for a bunch of gun-loving, environment polluting, Russia-supporting, anti-Semitic, minority oppressing, conspiracy pushing lunatics. I'm sure I left out a lot of other bad stuff too lol

Yeah, i mean its not wrong voting Republican...normally.
But since Trump the Republican party is crazy as hell, unvoteable if you have any sense or moral.
Unless they manage to get rid of the MAGA part, people like boebert, cruz, gaetz, Greene and so many more...there is no good reason to vote republican.

But for many its all about party, as long as any Republican is in this or that position...they are fine.
Which is another problem...never should a political party be voted just because.

4 hours ago, Lunchbox said:

Well alot of people are gonna vote republic because they are blaming the gas prices on Biden as if gas isn't expensive all over the world due to Putin. 

Putin (who was embiggened and emboldened by 4 years of terrible Trump policies). 

Which is another of those absolutely infuriating talking points...the whole "When Trump was president, Putin was our friend" mentality...as if that was a good thing.

Yeah the truth is that no matter who took over after Trump, assuming it was going to be a Democrat, was gonna be tested by Putin, China, North Korea ect. They knew that they had to get someone like Trump back in office because a guy like Trump weakens America and allows shit stirring countries to get away with things they could not otherwise get away with a normal president.

Archived