U.S. Politics Discussion

PaperThinWalls

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man remember how great times were back in 2020 lol?  I mean sure people were dying from Covid, but  there were no mass shootings or war going on. Shows how shitty we are as s species that now that we're "back to normal" with regards to stay-at-home quarantine now we're back outside the house killing each-other in mass numbers.

7 hours ago, King RyderFan said:

Question for my folks stateside, how many more children need to die before you actually do something about school shootings? 

All of them

And that happening in the state that wants to force women to give birth to kids...same kids that arent protected then.

What a utterly *censored*ed up bullshit.
A 18 year old should in no country be able to run around with an assault rifle and body armor.
19 kids and 2 teachers who tried to protect these kids, shouldnt have died because right wing americans want to feel tough and own guns.

The best is Ted Cruz was like we will put armed guards:

1. Throw more guns into the mix.

2. He got past two armed guards.

And i dont get it, these morons post back the blue and blue lives matters but can't trust them to actually protect them so go out and buy guns. 

8 hours ago, Lunchbox said:

The best is Ted Cruz was like we will put armed guards:

1. Throw more guns into the mix.

2. He got past two armed guards.

And i dont get it, these morons post back the blue and blue lives matters but can't trust them to actually protect them so go out and buy guns. 

I just cant wrap my head around people like cruz.
They are so far beyond humanity, its scary.

His idea more security on schools...what?
How about making it harder for 18 year olds to buy automatic rifles?
How about tackling mental health instead of vilifying it?

He would rather put kids in window and doorless rooms with cops surrounding them, than working towards a country where bullshit like this is not needed.
He and people like him are so obsessed with the illusion of freedom guns bring, that they neglect reality of how they lock people in with fear.

The sad thing is its so *censored*ing simple to fix, we aren't trying to take guns away but are trying to make sure the people that get them are going to safely operate and store them so shit like this doesn't happen. Like people are freaking out but if you pass a background test and a medical exam saying your fit to carry why the *Censored* do you care?

The same people that supported overturning Roe v Wade to end abortion because they are "pro-life" are the same ones that are also against any type of stricter gun laws despite the fact that 19 little kids just lost their lives due to gun violence. Think about that for a second...

^I think Philip Defranco said it best. Paraphrasing but it was something like "these people aren't 'pro-life', they're 'pro-birth'. As soon as you're out of the womb, it's '*Censored* you, you're on your own'"

So, I heard it on the radio yesterday, barely, and I forgot to look it up but it oddly jumped in my news fed which rarely has any "real news" on it but mass shootings get clicks. Apparently the high school I'm aboit a 5 minute drive from got red flagged on the 17th. Some students and faculty noticed some sheeit going on with a student that lead to the cops yoinking a hunting rifle, an AR-style .22, ammo and mags from his house. Police says there weren't any arrests and that he's cooperating, but also claim he's not a risk. Eeeeeeeeeeeh, I dunno.

Apparently red flag laws are working pretty well up here. There's been like 23 "extreme risk protection orders" they call them Since Jan 2020 so I dunno if those were actual averted incidents,  but the mayor is saying if these kids think they can just do this sheeit they're gonna need to crack down harder on gun laws. Vermonters already flipped out when our governor followed suit on the extended clip ban. A buuuuuuunch of people up here own guns, Northern rednecks out the ASS, but they're generally reserved and responsible with their sheeit. 

I know for a fact this community would shatter if that kid did something. Glad he didn't. Just wish the rest of the country can get a bit (aka shit-ton) better with their deterrents

No sure why regular citizens need assault rifles, I mean, the name says it all, ASSAULT rifles. You defend yourself with a handgun or shotgun. You kill multiple people or fight in wars with assault weapons. People don't really need a weapon that fires multiple rounds in a few seconds to protect themselves from common burglars or gangmembers, just fire a round into the air as  a warning with your pistol and the average thug should know whats good.

On 5/24/2022 at 11:40 PM, maskedmaniac said:

Man remember how great times were back in 2020 lol?  I mean sure people were dying from Covid, but  there were no mass shootings or war going on. Shows how shitty we are as s species that now that we're "back to normal" with regards to stay-at-home quarantine now we're back outside the house killing each-other in mass numbers.

Man...I absolutely loved when the whole world shut-up for that whole year. Best time of my life. - I remember how naïve we all were...thinking people would grow accustomed to it and make positive changes. Nah... (I mean, maybe if we had better leadership than Trump's pot-stirring ass). Like...if people actually could have healed during that time. But...alas.

It's such a horrible tragedy that could have been avoided with stricter gun laws, but politicians would rather get money from NRA and weapons industry than make the country safer. Plus, their platform is all about rights to own guns, so doing opposite would be political suicide.

Gun-obsessed maniacs are beyond *censored*ed up, and they make sane gun owners look horrible. 

2 hours ago, Lunchbox said:

So explain than 

We'll start from the top.

AR-15s and Bushmasters are not assault rifles nor are they weapons of war. They are semiautomatic rifles just like any other hunting rifle. The reason this needs to be made clear is because the military is not running into a battle with semiautomatic weapons because it would not be pretty.

Secondly, the report that he was engaged by an armed guard or two armed guards is 100% false, as confirmed by the police yesterday. The resource officer was not there at the time. It is sounding like another police blunder as of right now.

Next, 18 year olds are not buying automatic weapons. You are not able to own any automatic weapons that were made after 1983 and even they are very expensive, need a special license to obtain, and you are constantly monitored by the government.

Nobody is advocating for doorless classrooms or not having windows. What we would like is a one way in, multiple way out approach to schools to make it harder for the shooter to enter the school. And yes, we would actually like the resource officer to be there when a shooting is going down.

Roe v Wade isn't ending abortion, but it is giving the states the power to regulate it, just like they do on the second ammendment. Difference is the right to bear arms can actually be found in the Constitution.

Conservatives are not just pro birth. In fact, studies have shown conservatives donate a lot more money than liberals. We just don't believe the government is a solution to all our problems.

There are many reasons to own an AR15. For instance, where I live we have a coyote problem attacking our livestock. A shotgun or a handgun wouldn't do anything against them. Long rifles allow you a longer range to fire.

With that said, I believe states should adopt red flag laws. If I were in office and it was a perfect world, I would allow 18-20 year Olds to purchase single shot rifles or shotguns until they turn 21. However, the problem arises with private sales. Restricting private sales would require a government database and that is a non-starter for me.

15 hours ago, Doink! said:

Next, 18 year olds are not buying automatic weapons. You are not able to own any automatic weapons that were made after 1983 and even they are very expensive, need a special license to obtain, and you are constantly monitored by the government.

WHO THE *Censored* DO YA THINK BOUGHT THOSE AR15s AND SHOT THOSE KIDS?????? AN 18 YEAR OLD!!! and he didnt have a 'special license' either.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

The answer continues to be the same as it has always been (stricter and more logical restrictions, better background checks, longer wait periods, etc.). No responsible gun owner will disagree with this. It has only become a point of contention among the people who will blindly follow the say-so of the NRA and the politicians paid for by the NRA. It's always been about this echo chamber of rhetoric...(the "they want to take your guns" nonsense...which has never been true to begin with). Fact is...strict gun laws are perfectly reasonable, but people will always allow themselves to be whipped into a frenzy when the GOP tells them that they better buy more and wave them around proudly. It is essentially a cult. 

1 hour ago, Mr.Dreadful said:

WHO THE *Censored* DO YA THINK BOUGHT THOSE AR15s AND SHOT THOSE KIDS?????? AN 18 YEAR OLD!!! and he didnt have a 'special license' either.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

AR15s are not automatic, further proving my point that you know little about guns.

5 hours ago, King RyderFan said:

At this point, if you are choosing to defend a device that’s only purpose is to injure, damage & kill over the lives of *censored*ING CHILDREN that says an awful lot about you as a person. 

Who says I am? I am offering realistic solutions rather than BAN GUNZ!

1 hour ago, Generations said:

The answer continues to be the same as it has always been (stricter and more logical restrictions, better background checks, longer wait periods, etc.). No responsible gun owner will disagree with this. It has only become a point of contention among the people who will blindly follow the say-so of the NRA and the politicians paid for by the NRA. It's always been about this echo chamber of rhetoric...(the "they want to take your guns" nonsense...which has never been true to begin with). Fact is...strict gun laws are perfectly reasonable, but people will always allow themselves to be whipped into a frenzy when the GOP tells them that they better buy more and wave them around proudly. It is essentially a cult. 

The gubernatorial candidate for Texas Beto O'Rourke and Congressman Eric Swallwell have called for the confiscation of guns. Is it fringe? Maybe. But don't act like it hasn't been proposed.

20 hours ago, Doink! said:

Secondly, the report that he was engaged by an armed guard or two armed guards is 100% false, as confirmed by the police yesterday.

lol why would anyone with a brain and common sense trust the cops at this point? 

Archived