U.S. Politics Discussion

PaperThinWalls

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know it's a direct response to the current administration saying they are going to try to convince people to get vaccinated by going door to door. But, yeah...the overlying theme is the same. Just straight up lead the charge against benefiting from the government in any way. How stupid can you be? "We don't want your Fauci Ouchy". How long did she lie awake at night before she came up with that one?

You really can't make this shit up anymore...

I think Lauren's bullshitting because it's getting her cheers. but she's also being a hypocrite like most other republican politicians because she's gotten loans too, like PPP, apparently. This is what I mean by them actively screwing over people and still getting support, especially when voters believe in the "hard work = success" and "pull yourselves up by bootstraps" bullshit. 

I love how we have people getting their panties in a twist about Hunter Biden selling paintings.

A) It's not illegal to sell paintings.

B) His art is not even bad. Some of it is pretty interesting. 

When I heard he was doing paintings and selling them for crazy prices, I was like "Ah...I bet those look like shit." But...nah, they really don't. It's clearly not something he's slapping down to make a quick buck. These are actual paintings that clearly take time to create. If he was going for a quick buck, he could paint literally anything else. He could do some stick figure *censored*ery (which plenty of people have done before). These are legitimate pieces of art, done with some degree of skill and insight. 

I'm just grateful that Conor McGregor broke his leg in the UFC fight. Because, they were definitely gonna put Trump's dumb ass on television in the next round.

With everything that happened, they never got the chance. Putting his face on television during a show with that large of a captive audience (a violent and generally dumb one at that) would have been a recipe for disaster. Even if he didn't get to actually say anything, it would have been more shit shoveled onto the smoldering ashes of his dumpster fire of a legacy. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The stupidity of republicans will never cease to annoy me. Y'all really blaming Biden for the Afghanistan shit when the former guy invited the Taliban to Camp David on 9/11, and literally set the wheels in motion for this to happen? This selective memory bullshit has really run its course with me. 

15 minutes ago, Generations said:

The stupidity of republicans will never cease to annoy me. Y'all really blaming Biden for the Afghanistan shit when the former guy invited the Taliban to Camp David on 9/11, and literally set the wheels in motion for this to happen? This selective memory bullshit has really run its course with me. 

Its their thing isnt it?
I mean when Trump planned to pull out more chaotic, republicans were all for it.
They were cheering when America dropped billions of dollar worth of bombs and rockets at Mountains, based on hunches...but suddenly they act like they cared for the people in Afghanistan.

You will never find a more spineless group of people than Republicans/Conservatives.
They are willing to betray everything because they stand for nothing except their own advantage.

Biden just put the final Nail into this coffin, it was always going this way...the rest of the world said this for years...but as usual the cowboys knew it better.
And now the country is ripped to pieces, nothing was won and everything was lost.

And instead of having even a tiny bit of regret or shame, America decides to use the pain of those people for Political gain...disgusting.
Wasting Trillions of dollars in Troops, Equipment etc instead of using the money to help stabilize and strengthen the country, so that the taliban cant get a footing.

Im so upset at the whole country, i know its not every americans fault...but this is yet another one of those things where America *censored*s up but cant admit it or even show shame.

Biden supporters are no better with their focus on shifting blame to Trump, despite Biden's statement a while ago. Both are as guilty as Bush, and instead of playing the blame game, liberals should be finding a way to help the Afghans and trying to get Biden to accept the refugees and give them safe spaces to live in. It's all *censored*ed up and too cruel. 

Trump literally began the process of pulling out. There was no alternative. Biden could have said "We're not pulling out anymore"...but, the number of troops was already so low that keeping them there would have put those troops in greater danger. So...I'd hardly say that Biden supporters are "no better". I think there's quite a large margin of blame for Trump. It's not "shifting the blame"...the blame is where it belongs. He started the process. And he is the one who wished to cut a deal with the Taliban (during the anniversary of 9/11 no less).  Basically, he knew things would end up exactly like this. It does make Biden look like shit...and it wasn't by accident. 

And your view on the refugees is entirely to black and white. Yes...it would be amazing if we could help as many of those people as possible. But there is also a massive security risk involved with that. It's not something where you can say "Jump in this plane and we'll fly you to our country". It requires much stricter vetting.

This whole thing started around 2 decades ago though under Bush. Biden could have put in more troops and then declare that they weren't pulling out due to issues. NO, it's shifting blame because again, Biden is no better. He didn't have to continue pulling out troops, and he could have done more. 

What security risk? That's horseshit, especially when USA's vetting has proven to be supremely strict. Hell, we do a better job of vetting refugees than we do people who want to buy guns. I also know at least one refugee who'll tell you that USA is extremely stringent, and anything that casts doubt will get the person denied and sent back. Fox News and other right wing sources are often full of shit. 

If someone buys a puppy...raises it for a few years, hands it off to another person who abuses it, who hands it to another person who tries to take care of it but fails, who hands it to another person who abuses it again, etc...and you get that dog in the twilight years of its life...are you really saying that you're taking blame for the entirety of that dog's life? Don't be ridiculous. They might all share responsibility for taking care of that dog...but each one of those people is not "just as bad" as the other. Biden inherited a war that was already a failure and already being wound down. Instead of pumping more US lives and resources into it, he simply let it play out the way that the former guy had already set in motion. Saying "he could do more" is a nice sentiment to have. But what exactly does that mean?

Let's just be honest...everyone on this forum knows your political opinions. You always think everything can just work out perfectly. And the world doesn't work like that. You say "What security risk?"...I shouldn't even need to answer that. I'm not saying that the refugees themselves are a security risk. But you are going to have people pretending to be refugees with the intent of infiltrating cities around the world. This is something we've seen countless times. Is it shitty that they make it so difficult to help the people who deserve help? Hell yeah it's shitty. But that's how terrorists operate. You can't back a truck up to Afghanistan and say "Anybody who wants to flee the country, come with me!" This shit ain't a Schwarzenegger movie.

Epic fail all across. Some are to blame more than others. People do indeed like to forget Trump started negotiating with the terrorists first. Biden shouldn't have withdrawn especially as the Taliban kept gaining ground like they did. It was a bad deal that he should have reneged on. But yes, it all started for Trump, this is mostly his doing.

This is a big embarrassment, even bigger than Benghazi. Trump 2024 is looking like it's around the corner at this rate. The Afgan government was corrupt and inept and failed their people. Despite being 20 years worth of training and tons of money that can't even defeat the Taliban which they outnumber and out-gear. Awful. 20 years and it seems we have come full circle. 

There is a reason why Afganistan is known as the Graveyard of Empires and the place where empires go to die. 

Feel bad for the Afgan people that will inevitably suffer 

And yes, there is no perfect solution for the refugee problem, Taliban/Al-quaeda/IS infiltrators would inevitably take advantage. 

The U.S. military taught the Afghan military how to fight like we do.  Controlling the fighting on the ground and through the air, while resupplying through the air.

Biden is to blame for this part. He started pulling not only military officials out of the area, but he started also pulling private military contractors out of the area. When you tell the Afghan military to fight, you cannot take one of the main pillars away from their fighting strategy.

https://www.usnews.com/news/world-report/articles/2021-07-21/number-of-private-military-contractors-in-afghanistan-drops-precipitously-as-biden-pushes-withdrawal-plan

Without the US, the Afghan air force relied on zoom calls for training and repairs for their aircraft.

https://www.businessinsider.com/without-us-afghan-air-force-uses-zoom-calls-for-training-2021-7

That is absolutely unacceptable, no matter who the President is.  And now, it appears that an Afghan military plane has been shot down that was fleeing the country.

https://www.newsweek.com/military-plane-fleeing-afghanistan-shot-down-uzbekistan-1619774

This is becoming a **** show fast.  Reports are that only 1,200 people out of 88,000 (people and their families) that have helped the U.S. in the past 20 years have made it out of there safely.

6 hours ago, Generations said:

If someone buys a puppy...raises it for a few years, hands it off to another person who abuses it, who hands it to another person who tries to take care of it but fails, who hands it to another person who abuses it again, etc...and you get that dog in the twilight years of its life...are you really saying that you're taking blame for the entirety of that dog's life? Don't be ridiculous. They might all share responsibility for taking care of that dog...but each one of those people is not "just as bad" as the other. Biden inherited a war that was already a failure and already being wound down. Instead of pumping more US lives and resources into it, he simply let it play out the way that the former guy had already set in motion. Saying "he could do more" is a nice sentiment to have. But what exactly does that mean?

Let's just be honest...everyone on this forum knows your political opinions. You always think everything can just work out perfectly. And the world doesn't work like that. You say "What security risk?"...I shouldn't even need to answer that. I'm not saying that the refugees themselves are a security risk. But you are going to have people pretending to be refugees with the intent of infiltrating cities around the world. This is something we've seen countless times. Is it shitty that they make it so difficult to help the people who deserve help? Hell yeah it's shitty. But that's how terrorists operate. You can't back a truck up to Afghanistan and say "Anybody who wants to flee the country, come with me!" This shit ain't a Schwarzenegger movie.

You're comparing Afghans to puppies? Biden can stop pulling out troops after seeing Taliban go further in the country. There are a lot of other things he can do to go against Trump. I'm not sure if you read my posts, but I never blamed just Biden, I said all the previous administrations also shared blame. 

Yes you should, because I've literally done research and listened to actual refugees, and the vetting process is extremely stringent, there's barely any risk from refugees who are allowed in. We're in more danger from white supremacists than we are from refugees or Muslims. Your claims would apply to Europe. There's been very few refugees in the USA that has been any sort of security risk. 

So you agree that the vetting process is very strict and works fine as is yes? Very strict, not everyone gets approved. But you want the refugees to come, as many as possible yes from this situation? That would mean they would have to be much less strict about the vetting process. And if the vetting process is suddenly less stict, then security risk rises. 

Seems simple right?

Archived