U.S. Politics Discussion

PaperThinWalls

So, again a Athlete decided to not treat the American Flag and the Anthem as the absolute be all end all...and of course the right wing nutjobs lose it about that Woman.

I cant imagine how tired some of you Americans have to be, faced constantly with the irony you are faced when those nutjobs scream at the heavens over such stuff.
As a European im already tired as hell seeing this nonsense on Twitter etc.

The same people who are so crazy about how every other country is a communist country that takes peoples freedom etc away, cancel culture etc, demand blind worshipping of the flag or people lose their jobs/getting thrown out of the country.

Its so weird. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Republicans predictably crying that Dems created a "slanted" committee to investigate the Jan 6th shit.

You had the chance to vote on the bipartisan formation of a committee, and you all said 'no'. Now kindly shut the shell up and stop playing victim. You knew that a committee was going to be formed either way. This just conveniently works for you all to bitch about it and pretend it's a wrong-doing. No one with half a brain is buying your shit.

The commission doesn't even need to be slanted in order to make Trump look bad. If you ignore all of your biases and negative feelings about Trump, and just focus on the hard facts of what happened on that day...the conclusion is still inevitably " angry Trump supporters stormed the capital, with verbal encouragement from the man himself."

7 hours ago, Mani-Man said:

So, again a Athlete decided to not treat the American Flag and the Anthem as the absolute be all end all...and of course the right wing nutjobs lose it about that Woman.

I cant imagine how tired some of you Americans have to be, faced constantly with the irony you are faced when those nutjobs scream at the heavens over such stuff.
As a European im already tired as hell seeing this nonsense on Twitter etc.

The same people who are so crazy about how every other country is a communist country that takes peoples freedom etc away, cancel culture etc, demand blind worshipping of the flag or people lose their jobs/getting thrown out of the country.

Its so weird. 

The annoying thing about it is that Americans complain about that but still attend sporting events where the drap the flag across the field before the event which is 100% against the flag code. Same with athletes that wear the flag as a cape, its against the flag code but people eat that shit up. Americans are dumb, they really are. I had to explain to my coworker that shes been vaccinated before and she was legit dumbfounded and tried to argue that she wasn't even though she attended public schools where you can only attend if your infact vaccinated. 

And don't even get me started on the fetishism of cops. 

4 minutes ago, maskedmaniac said:

That orangutan is still holding rallies? For what?!

Either he legitimately plans to/thinks he's going to run in 2024, or he wants people to think he is so that they will give him more money. At this point, I honestly think it's just the latter. I don't think he wants to be president again, and I don't think he even expects to make it that far. I think it's about fleecing the flock some more to pay for his continuous legal battles. He just did a thing by the border wall...and I honestly think he's just going to tell people to donate for construction again so he can pocket all the money. Stupid people don't learn. Everything he does at this point is even more for himself than it was when he ran the first time. And that's a pretty hard position to top. 

I honestly would not be surprised if he managed to get away with his crimes and shit and ran for president again. White wealthy men often get away with crimes, and Trump would definitely have the pull to escape punishment, as long as he doesn't piss people off. 

2 hours ago, Generations said:

What world do you live in?

Real world. Has he been to jail yet? Punished? He's apparently eyeing another presidential run, but as far as I remember, no official said no to him. Not to mention, the way Pence and Cruz go hard for him despite Trump putting Pence's life in danger and taking shots at Cruz and his dad. Oh, and despite multiple bankruptcies, he still managed to get companies to work with him or get loans from banks. Justice system sucks. 

On 7/3/2021 at 8:40 PM, Lunchbox said:

To be fair thought we have seen tons of *censored*ed up things happen in this country with tons of evidence backing it up and nothing coming of it.

Recent one being the Jan 6 insurrection, methinks. There are often certain groups that get away with so much, and so far Trump seems to belong to it. People can talk all they want about him being punished and incriminating evidence, but until something comes of it, as Lunchbox implied, there's no reason to get excited. Republicans especially will fight tooth and nail to protect Trump as long as he remains popular amongst Republican voters, and that protection would extend to most of his supporters as well. 

3 hours ago, M3J said:

Recent one being the Jan 6 insurrection, methinks. There are often certain groups that get away with so much, and so far Trump seems to belong to it. People can talk all they want about him being punished and incriminating evidence, but until something comes of it, as Lunchbox implied, there's no reason to get excited. Republicans especially will fight tooth and nail to protect Trump as long as he remains popular amongst Republican voters, and that protection would extend to most of his supporters as well. 

Another one that comes to mind is the guy in Staten Island breaking covid protocols and than hitting the police chief with his car but not getting in any sort of trouble what so ever. 

5 hours ago, Generations said:

Bozo the clown says he's suing Facebook and Twitter. 

I'm sure the timing on this latest shocking announcement has nothing to do with distracting people from his indictment. 

Hopefully they counter-sue for him using their platform to incite violence and spread lies.

10 hours ago, Lunchbox said:

Another one that comes to mind is the guy in Staten Island breaking covid protocols and than hitting the police chief with his car but not getting in any sort of trouble what so ever. 

oh yikes. You can often guess the race just by how the police reacts. 

10 hours ago, Generations said:

Bozo the clown says he's suing Facebook and Twitter. 

I'm sure the timing on this latest shocking announcement has nothing to do with distracting people from his indictment. 

It's also ironic given Facebook helped Trump win, and Twitter kept Trump talking his shit and lying for years until he lost the presidency and incited violence. 

Apparently the lawsuits were filed in Florida, and both Twitter and Facebook specifically state that any legal actions against them must be filed in California. 

It's literally just Trump blowing smoke out his ass again to get his name back in the media. 

Archived