U.S. Politics Discussion

PaperThinWalls

15 hours ago, KingKhan18 said:

I believe Facebook said that when the 2 year ban is up they will reassess whether or not to let him back on. He's been dumb enough to spew QAnon shit constantly instead of just staying quiet;  at this point  he's almost as unreasonable as Mike Lindell is. So I think there's hope he won't return to social media.

I think they'll let him back if he runs for presidency again, simply to appeal to his voter base and keep them, and because it'd be bad to not have a candidate have a social media. As much as I abhor Trump, I'd rather have him spouting shit on Twitter than wondering what he's thinking and doing. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, M3J said:

I'd rather have him spouting shit on Twitter than wondering what he's thinking and doing. 

Well, I *censored*ing wouldn't. If he doesn't have a platform, it's much harder for him to fire people up. The world has returned to relative peace since he's been gone. Even though plenty of people continue to be brain-*censored*ed in his wake, at least most normal people can begin to heal their mental faculties without him pulling apart their brains on a day to day, hour to hour, minute to minute basis. The past four years of his online presence were nothing short of psychological warfare. If I never see his face or hear his voice again, it will be too soon. Every American literally has some form of PTSD from surviving the onslaught of his insufferable buffoonery. If he returns to the internet, we go right back to people regurgitating what he's saying, putting their flags back up, and being generally shittier than normal again. I know some of this still exists in fringe pockets. You still see Trumpers when you drive around. But, the severity of the issue dropped off by about 95% after he was removed from prominent social platforms. We really don't need to hear from him again. Let us have a goddamn reprieve. 

Yeah I already know pretty much what he's thinking which is "duh, what can I tweet today to rile up my base and stir some shit up".  We don't need him doing that anymore, there's plenty of crazy like-minded people left in office for the Republicans who are still doing this.

On 6/6/2021 at 11:17 AM, Generations said:

Well, I *censored*ing wouldn't. If he doesn't have a platform, it's much harder for him to fire people up. The world has returned to relative peace since he's been gone. Even though plenty of people continue to be brain-*censored*ed in his wake, at least most normal people can begin to heal their mental faculties without him pulling apart their brains on a day to day, hour to hour, minute to minute basis. The past four years of his online presence were nothing short of psychological warfare. If I never see his face or hear his voice again, it will be too soon. Every American literally has some form of PTSD from surviving the onslaught of his insufferable buffoonery. If he returns to the internet, we go right back to people regurgitating what he's saying, putting their flags back up, and being generally shittier than normal again. I know some of this still exists in fringe pockets. You still see Trumpers when you drive around. But, the severity of the issue dropped off by about 95% after he was removed from prominent social platforms. We really don't need to hear from him again. Let us have a goddamn reprieve. 

The thing is though, he's not the only one starting shit and spouting lies and hatred. People like Majorie Taylor Greene and Ted Cruz are doing the same thing. 

But to be clear, I only want him back on Twitter IF he runs for presidency or becomes president. If neither, then him being banned from social media is great. He still has avenues to spread his horseshit, but the reach isn't as huge as it is with social media. Twitter has definitely been better without him. 

People like Don Jr tweeting that Hunter Biden used the N word in texts is such a disgusting moment in time. Hunter is not the president. Hunter is a former crackhead. He also used the word in the sense of "what's up my n"...which is not excusable by any means...but, it's still not like he was outwardly calling black people that word. Republicans truly have no bottom. Are we meant to believe that people like Don Jr don't use the word against actual black people while shaming Hunter for this? Because...nah. Donny Sr. is literally proud of his role with the Central Park 5.

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Generations said:

21 Republicans voted against awarding Congressional medals to the Capitol Police who were attacked on January 6th.

Literally the bare minimum effort to show those people respect.

Make it make sense.

I can top that, 14 republicans voted against the Juneteenth national holiday proposal. I mean at this point Hunter Biden should be a hero to them for using the N-word lol

So to recap in the span of like a week lol: Some house republicans voted against Juneteenth  holiday, voted against honoring the police who tried to stop the capital riots, and voted against an investigation to find out who was behind those riots. All this on top of the still ongoing bogus Arizona vote recounts and their raging war against the Covid vaccine. And I know I'm leaving out a whole lot more.

And people wonder why a lot of us voted Democrat. It's not because we are 100% with the Democratic party and it's values, it because the Repubs are so batshit insane we cannot vote for them in good conscious. Clean up your act Republicans, act decent and with integrity if you really wanna attract voters, don't just pander to the Trumpanzee crowd!

They don't need to attract voters, they already have all the support they need. The problem is that the other side has far more support, so they have to do whatever they can to make sure that a lot of the support can't vote. 

Man, that Carlson and Ingraham arent fired yet for calling to "defund the military" and for insulting a decorated General...shows you exactly how little the right really cares about their country.
You would think the last thing the right wingers would attack is the Military considering how much they kiss the militarys ass all the time.

In the same country that worships Soldiers and Generals to the point where they would literally demand people to be thrown out of the country for saying anything bad against those, you have the rights biggest "news" channels hosts attack exactly those that they worship any other day.
Crazy.

It's the same with the 'Blue Lives Matter' rhetoric. The sweeping majority of those people don't actually support the police...they supported the idea of police attacking/killing minorities and protestors...which is why so many of those thin blue line flags went up during the summer of BLM. It wasn't a coincidence. It wasn't like "I've always supported the police, and I forgot to put this up earlier"...it was a statement about race.

There are videos of people getting arrested and telling the cops " Blue Lives Matter! I'm a Trump supporter!" because they apparently believe that will earn them a free pass. I think Trumpists assume that all police and military are on their side, that's why they " support " them.

I know it will be controversial. I'm just saying...

The Florida condo collapse is definitely a political failure. I can almost guarantee you, corners were cut and regulations were ignored. Because..."Florida". If it turns out I'm wrong, then I will apologize. Until then, I'm sticking to my instinct. I just feel like that building should either never have been built, or should have been condemned years ago. The land underneath of buildings doesn't just turn into a sink hole. There are supposed to be very strict regulations to assure such things do not happen. Usually, building over limestone is the culprit. Someone (if not several people) should probably be charged for what happened. But, this is America. So...

Also, for the size of the structure...they should have been through moving rubble and rescuing survivors by now. They know damn well that there are over a hundred people dead in there. They're just stalling so they don't have to say it. Saying "at least 9 dead" is gross, tbh. I recognize that it's responsible reporting, but it's gross. Y'all know what the facts are. As soon as you say "150 people dead", then someone needs to start answering for it.

20 minutes ago, M3J said:

Aren't sinkholes appearing randomly nowadays? 

Sinkholes never appear "randomly". That's a misnomer. They can appear suddenly (and they do). But there is always a reason. We know more than enough about geology to avoid building where sinkholes are likely to form. A decision to build anyway is always intentional. Also, there were apparently warnings about that building in 2018, and they were ignored.

Archived