U.S. Politics Discussion

PaperThinWalls

Something else that really burns my ass, are the idiots saying it's Biden's fault that gas prices are spiking.

It was a cyber attack on a pipeline (likely from Russia), you absolute goons. Trump cutting cyber security is directly responsible for leading us to this. I really hate how there's just no getting through to these people. Years ago, when Trump was gutting everything, I literally said something like this was going to happen. And here we are. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Lunchbox said:

Its funny cause you wonder how Hitler got into power and you see everything thats been happening the past five years and you like yeah people are *censored*ing dumb. 

Actually that's probably what these people want, their very own Hitler.

So, people who are vaxxed can now lose the masks...but you know everyone is just going to stop wearing them now. In fact, the kind of people who went and got vaxxed are probably more likely to keep wearing them anyway. So, yeah...life is about to become a thousand times more annoying with anti-maskers/anti-vaxxers walking around with their bullshit. It's unfortunate that nothing can happen the way it's supposed to around here.

as someone who got the second shot about 20 days ago, I'm definitely keeping my mask on. But not only is CDC's statement dumb, but they're actually relying on honor system, as if anti-vaxxers and covid deniers haven't lied. 

• 2 weeks later...

Republicans blocked efforts to form a committee to investigate the insurrection. Because, of course they did. Only 6 senators sided with the Dems, and 11 others skipped the hearing altogether.

*censored*ing disgusting. And on memorial day weekend, nonetheless.

The Republican party is the biggest threat to democracy and basic freedom in this country and it's scary how so many people still support them. Republicans oppose taxing the rich, which in turn means we regular Americans have to bear the brunt of the tax system. They want to make voting more difficult for minorities for no GOOD reason whatsoever. They tried to privatize public education and make good education only available  to those who can afford it. Same with healthcare; we grubs have to choose between a new iphone and health insurance. And I won't even go into all the criminal investigations going on right now with current and former members of the party.

On 5/28/2021 at 1:39 PM, Generations said:

Republicans blocked efforts to form a committee to investigate the insurrection. Because, of course they did. Only 6 senators sided with the Dems, and 11 others skipped the hearing altogether.

*censored*ing disgusting. And on memorial day weekend, nonetheless.

But wait, i thought that it was antifa that did the insurrection?

Yeah I could have sworn most of the  QAnon cooks and some republican senators said without the shadow of a doubt it was Antifa disguised as Trump supporters because you know "Trump supporters aren't violent"...lol

Now that they have a chance to catch Antifa in the act they say no because it's all a lie and pretty much they know the truth and it wouldn't look good for Trump backers.

Yea...it's almost as if they're full of shit, and need to stop investigation into the fact that they were behind it. Who knew...

If the investigation went forward, they'd find that half of their constituents aided in the takeover. They already know this. They just don't want it to be public. 

Oh  how I wish BLM or Antifa stormed the capital themselves and got inside, if only to see how Republicans would react.

Also not entirely sure what's going on in Texas but the Repubiclans failed to pass a bill that " would have banned both drive-thru voting and 24-hour voting; imposed new restrictions on absentee voting; granted broad new autonomy and authority to partisan poll watchers; and increased punishments for mistakes or offenses by election officials."

This seems super shady and no doubt it's a way for them to mess with the ballots in their favor.

^ And they only failed to pass it because Dems walked out on the process. (Which is now resulting in Abbott cutting their funding. Because...of course)

GOP absolutely hates American citizens, and is blatantly doing whatever they can to screw people over at this point. Some of the shit they are attempting to pass on state levels is nothing short of a giant middle finger to working class Americans. Also in Texas, they apparently decided not to spend a single cent of flood/hurricane aid for Houston. Other (seemingly randomly chosen) smaller cities got as much as $90 million. 

1 hour ago, maskedmaniac said:

Oh  how I wish BLM or Antifa stormed the capital themselves and got inside, if only to see how Republicans would react.

Also not entirely sure what's going on in Texas but the Repubiclans failed to pass a bill that " would have banned both drive-thru voting and 24-hour voting; imposed new restrictions on absentee voting; granted broad new autonomy and authority to partisan poll watchers; and increased punishments for mistakes or offenses by election officials."

This seems super shady and no doubt it's a way for them to mess with the ballots in their favor.

yeah, it's voter suppression tactic that GOP governors are trying to pass. Republicans can only win by cheating, which says a lot. 

8 hours ago, KingKhan18 said:

https://www.axios.com/pence-jan-6-capitol-insurrection-trump-0bfe0691-f4a5-4ccd-8a13-6a3b4ac50928.html

Ever wonder just what it is about Trump that causes so many conservatives to lose their self respect in order to brownnose him?  

Meal ticket. They don't care about America or what happens to the people, they only care about power, themselves, and wealth. As Lunchbox said, Trump's voter base is more likely to ensure they win elections and put in whatever policies they want and get money from businesses and wealthy people. 

This "Trump is banned for 2 years" thing has me worried. Because, guess what...that's just in time for the next presidential race to be made a complete cluster*censored* by his bitch ass. 

Hopefully this is only a preliminary statement, and will be rolled over into a longer ban. 

I believe Facebook said that when the 2 year ban is up they will reassess whether or not to let him back on. He's been dumb enough to spew QAnon shit constantly instead of just staying quiet;  at this point  he's almost as unreasonable as Mike Lindell is. So I think there's hope he won't return to social media.

3 minutes ago, maskedmaniac said:

Too bad political candidates don't have to pass some sort of mental competency test, because that would eliminate most of these kooks from being elected into office.

That's what we have "man, woman, person, camera, tv" for...

If you can handle that, you're clearly fit for the job. 

Archived