U.S. Politics Discussion

PaperThinWalls

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trump 2037? What the *Censored*? For one, 2037 isn't even an election year; secondly, if Trump won in 2024 he would be ineligible to ever seek another term after that; and lastly, he would be *censored*ing 91 years old by 2037. This guys brain must be totally mush.

7 hours ago, M3J said:

It's scary because this will probably inspire more support for voter suppression and motivate more rightists to vote and even commit fraud. 

But Newsome's not popular either due to how he handled covid, even amongst the Dems/the left. 

I'd say the homeless crisis is  a big deal here, plus he just released something like 75,000 dangerous criminals early for some reason. That won't help matters.

19 minutes ago, maskedmaniac said:

I'd say the homeless crisis is  a big deal here, plus he just released something like 75,000 dangerous criminals early for some reason. That won't help matters.

Oh I didn't know about the latter, yikes. I hope the Dems find a good candidate or people somehow know that the republican choices are bad, at least the ones that support Trump. 

9 hours ago, Lunchbox said:

Honestly his supporters are such sheep i was thinking of no joke buying the cheapest tshirts i could and making "Trump 2021; Its Not Over!" tshirts. I would make a legit fortune. 

Yeah...it's wild how much bootleg Trump merch there is, and how well it all sells. Always gotta love how the "don't tread on me"/"made in America" group is the first one to be fooled by knockoff merch from China and probably have their credit cards stolen in the process. Lol.

Of course they are. They were the party who's leader was fawning over dictators like Putin and Kim Jong-Un among others while shitting on democracy. Republicans want this country to become a monarchy of sorts with Trump or a Trump-like personality at the helm and no way for the people to have their voices heard. The real dark times may be ahead if republicans get away with this shit.

You have to give up your dignity to be a part of the republican party these days. I  believe Trump shat on and called them all names, not to mention the whole capitol riot thing, and pretty much all of them still bow down to Trump. Imagine if the Democrats still considered Obama or even Bill Clinton their unquestioned leader!

5 hours ago, maskedmaniac said:

Imagine if the Democrats still considered Obama or even Bill Clinton their unquestioned leader!

Honestly, it makes sense now why the republicans always get hung up on Obama, Hillary, etc. 

It's another self-projection....because they think we idolize leadership the same way they do. Wild.

Yeah this whole worship the mentally unstable old guy closest to dying mentality really is shortsighted if you think about it. If the Republicans think their party can't move forward without Trump, who's gonna be 80 I believe by the time he's able to run for president again, then the party has nothing going for it. Even the young up and coming "rock stars" of the Republican party all cling to antiquated ideals and lunatic conspiracy theories. It's no wonder the party that clings to old ideals and refuses to embrace progress fanatically idolizes a lunatic old man.

On 5/9/2021 at 2:34 AM, maskedmaniac said:

Yeah this whole worship the mentally unstable old guy closest to dying mentality really is shortsighted if you think about it. If the Republicans think their party can't move forward without Trump, who's gonna be 80 I believe by the time he's able to run for president again, then the party has nothing going for it. Even the young up and coming "rock stars" of the Republican party all cling to antiquated ideals and lunatic conspiracy theories. It's no wonder the party that clings to old ideals and refuses to embrace progress fanatically idolizes a lunatic old man.

I mean, the party's still going to have tons of people supporting them just because "pro-life," guns, propaganda, and brainwashing. Not to mention, running a platform on bigotry, blaming the non-whites, and cheating to give themselves unfair advantage. 

1 hour ago, Generations said:

So, California has a $75.7 billion budget surplus, and the lowest Covid case rate in the country. 

I know people are angry that they had to shutter their businesses. But, this shit works. Newsom did his job right.

Honestly, this seems to happen every time a Democrat is running the state, which is almost always lol. The pockets of conservatives in southern Cal always seem to sit outside Walmarts and other stores to collect signatures to have a recall and I guess this year because of Covid,  the homeless crisis, and Newsome's own bad personal choices the recall suceeded. I think it only takes something like 1.5 million signatures to have a recall so in a state of 40 million people that is a pretty easy thing to do. Of course, the Dems could use dirty tactics as well and say a lot of those signatures were forged, but I don't think they are as dirty as the Republicans to go that route.

Also this lol:  https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/newsmax-rob-finnerty-david-litt-dominion-151635278.html

Wish more lawsuits happen to all the TV personalities primarily on FOX spreading false information about everything from the election to guns to COVID19. If there's one thing that changes minds among the rich and elite it's the fear of losing money.

Some more here: https://www.yahoo.com/news/ted-cruz-walks-gun-violence-165100376.html

Why is Ted Cruz still in the position he's in? Who are the idiots that vote for him? Does he actually help anyone? We saw during the hurricane he left Texas and bailed on his people to go to Mexico, and it was his own policies that caused Texas to be so unprepared for the hurricane. Now he's trying to stand up for people making their own guns which actually puts more people at risk then it does help anyone. The guys a clown. I had already lost all respect for him after Trump insulted his wife and dad repeatedly and he still kissed up to him and continues to do so.

8 hours ago, Generations said:

Liz Cheney gave a speech saying that we can't allow the former president to "drag us backwards and unravel our democracy". She was booed by republicans, and then removed from her position. 

GOP are scum. 

I guess Republicans want to unravel our democracy  and drag us backwards then.

On 5/12/2021 at 12:41 PM, Generations said:

Liz Cheney gave a speech saying that we can't allow the former president to "drag us backwards and unravel our democracy". She was booed by republicans, and then removed from her position. 

GOP are scum. 

What makes this even more amusing and cringe-worthy is that the republicans are the ones to cry about cancel culture and whatnot, but they did exactly that to Cheney. 

Archived