U.S. Politics Discussion

PaperThinWalls

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Problem is, even anti-Trump republicans think like that, not just Trump and his cult. I think we do more harm to certain issues by just knocking it down to Trump as the problem instead of acknowledging that he's part of the problem but not the problem. 

• 3 weeks later...

Today I listened to Hunter Biden on Marc Maron's podcast, and it's obvious that this dude is genuinely just a *censored*up of a guy who is trying his best. It's crazy to hear him openly discussing smoking crack with homeless people, cursing, laughing at off-jokes, etc. Great interview from start to finish. The radical right really dragged this dude to get at Joe, and it's even more messed up when you hear all the details. 

Man...I get so pissed off reading comments on the stories about Russia and China right now. These people are so delusional and braindead. 

I mean...your stance on China and Russia is really gonna be "Joe is weak, and they are taking advantage of him"?

Y'all had this asshole Trump in power for the past 4 years, letting them get away with legit murder. The reason there are tensions now, is because they're finally being told "no" again. Man...it really burns my ass that so many people are dumb enough to think Trump accomplished anything resembling "peace" with some of these leaders. There was "harmony", because they thought alike. Harmony is a different thing than peace. We never had peace under Trump. We had four tumultuous  years, which were building to exactly what we see now...China and Russia advancing on their neighboring borders, and acting like they can do whatever they want. This the the exact threat that Trump set the precedent for. Smh.

My conclusion is that most people actually have no clue on how and why things are happening with China. An alt-right narrative is that USA is doing nothing about Chinas Uyghur situation, but Trump actually did? lol. Yeah he didn't. He did start a trade war though. 

Tbh, USAs foreign policy is much more complicated to look at than just by the factor of which administration is in power. There are levels to it that go beyond presidency. 

12 hours ago, Generations said:

Now they're latching onto Biden congratulating Hideki Matsuyama by calling him a "Japanese boy". 

Bruh...how often is "American boy" used as a compliment? Stfu, repubs.  "Japanese boy" is not a derogatory term.

From the same people that brought you "Kung Flu" and "China virus". This is why I will never take Rebublicans seriously again.

46 minutes ago, M3J said:

Problem is, if Chauvin is charged, it'll just be him being a sacrificial lamb to calm down the BLM people. It won't stop the cops from being shitty, especially when nothing has. 

And if he isn't charged, there will be riots (and they will be justified). And then the right will have all the fodder to attack the BLM movement that they so desperately want.

Apparently on the same day as the verdict, cops killed a 15-year old girl. While it is the right thing to find him guilty, what's even better is abolishing cops and/or making sure cops that kill are punished, otherwise the killings will just continue. 

8 minutes ago, M3J said:

While it is the right thing to find him guilty, what's even better is abolishing cops and/or making sure cops that kill are punished, otherwise the killings will just continue. 

I mean...I agree. But, what is your point?

This was literally "making sure a cop who killed was punished". And that's what we can do right now.

At the very least, it should make other police think more critically about what they are doing.

In the future, it needs to be much easier to convict on these types of charges...but, that is an uphill battle. It's not like people ain't be trying to get that done. It's a systematic problem, and the system can't be changed in one day. People have been trying to change that system for years...tens of years...

Archived