U.S. Politics Discussion

PaperThinWalls

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The elderly man could have grabbed the cops crotch and it wouldnt warrant such a reaction.
The man neither acted nor looked like a threat, there is nothing indicating in this video that warrants such a violent shove from a police officer.
Simple as that.

This is not a thing of different viewpoints or so, it is not debatable...the cop lashed out without any reason and injured a man.
And the rest werent better, they betrayed what the badge is standing for and left a man to die.
Because nobody of them knew how serious this man was injured, they saw a citizen on the ground bleeding and ignored it...they betrayed their oath and their country...everything america is supposed to stand for.
Remember? Home of the Brave? *Censored* that...those are cowards and bullys, criminals allowed by the law to do what they want.

23 minutes ago, Mani-Man said:

Remember? Home of the Brave? *Censored* that...those are cowards and bullys, criminals allowed by the law to do what they want.

I mean, you're not wrong.

7 hours ago, Mani-Man said:

And the rest werent better, they betrayed what the badge is standing for and left a man to die.

That's the Thing that hurt me watching the most. A 75 years old is bleeding from his head on the street and they all just passing by ignoring it.

Most of all when their own colleague was responsible for the injury! Irressponsible and disgusting behaviour in my opinion.

If such People that are supposed to help the community are acting like that then you can let the thugs and mafia do their job. The only difference would be that they won't be in a uniform after all.

Guest Fight Me.

Successful peaceful protest in my small town today. Lots of people were pretty nervous since our city is made up of small businesses, everyone was ready with their stores all boarded up. But man, our community came together today. Proud.

ACAB

looks like more cities are discussing defunding the police. you love to see it. put that money towards things that help people and watch crime go down and make police obsolete.

32 minutes ago, KingKhan18 said:

Just wondering, how would things operate without law enforcement? The police system in our country is beyond *censored*ed up but at the same time... we still need law and order enforced in some manner.

5 hours ago, EJ! said:

ACAB

looks like more cities are discussing defunding the police. you love to see it. put that money towards things that help people and watch crime go down and make police obsolete.

Willing to bet that the more money is pumped into the areas that need it the most, the more crime will go down. 

5 hours ago, KingKhan18 said:

Just wondering, how would things operate without law enforcement? The police system in our country is beyond *censored*ed up but at the same time... we still need law and order enforced in some manner.

I mean, it's not like they do much, do they? 

Black Lives Matter Demo in Berlin Germany with 15000 People and one in Munich with 20000 People!

Up to 800 Police officers followed and supported the Demos being only there for just in case some People do anything bad.

98 People were arrested and 28 Police officers hurt because some idiots just thrown bottles and stuff at them even there were no Problems with the Police at all. :(

More Demos happened in Stuttgart, Manheim, Hamburg, Düsseldorf, Köln and many other  towns with also up to 20000 or more People per town (Limitations)! :)

All the others had to join online with the Hashtag BlakcLivesMatter, Hashtag SilentDemos!

We love, appreaciate,support and fight for you guys! :)

In the News they also showed canada, uk, France and other lands supporting!

A LOT of critisizm in the german News towards trump to say the least!

Some Pictures!

Berlin

Berlin.jpg

Munich

München.jpg

10 hours ago, M3J said:

I mean, it's not like they do much, do they? 

I was mainly wondering how more dangerous criminals ( serial killers, rapists, child molesters, etc. ) would be brought to justice.  Would people in the community just lynch them or some shit?

Probably way more, but the downside to that is mob mentality might make them react too quickly. There's also the misogyny that exists where people could just say "nah, he couldn't have raped 5 women, he's too nice of a guy! They just want attention," and no justice is done. But then again, it's not that much different reporting to cops, and I think they usually take action more often if the accused is Black and accuser is white. Like, I've read more than one case of white women confessing they lied about being raped by the Black men they accused.

But then again, either way, cops don't do as much as they should, and hopefully the community would hold people more accountable than the government holds cops accountable. 

10 hours ago, KingKhan18 said:

I was mainly wondering how more dangerous criminals ( serial killers, rapists, child molesters, etc. ) would be brought to justice.  Would people in the community just lynch them or some shit?

The goal is prevention. So you put more money into resources for things like mental healthcare, make counseling and therapy more normal and widely available, you see less of those types of criminals. Now the dangerous criminals who slip through the cracks, it wouldn’t be your average beat cops on the case, it would be people specialized in those areas, forensics and things like that. So with this system in place there would be no reason for the cops we run into everyday to be patrolling the city looking for trouble, they go away. As far as punishment goes, there’s a couple directions you can go, but of course it varies based on the type of crime. The main thing is abolishing jail/prison as we know it, and making it do what it’s meant to do, rehabilitate people so that they are no longer criminals and can safely rejoin society. Currently, the prison system damages folks mentally which is awful considering how many are in there for nonviolent crimes. You turn jail into a comprehensive rehab center, kinda like what they have in some of the Nordic countries.

But yeah also these communities 1. will mostly have people know each other 2. will ideally have people with access to the things they need so that desperation doesn’t lead them to crime 3. will be self-trained in defense just in case. So yeah, people’s first instinct when they consider a world without police is “what do we do about the worst criminals” but what do police currently do about those exact criminals? Not much. If you want to prevent crime, it’s a multi-faceted issue and police as we know it don’t fit the list of solutions.

First paragraph: Explain to me how that process would help the Unabomber, Jeffrey Dahmer, and the like.

Second paragraph: So now when someone steps on someone else's property, instead of calling the police to defuse the situation, they will now shoot first and ask questions later.

1. I'm assuming they wouldn't be able to go out of a replacement-for-jail, and that they'd stay in there. He did mention "nonviolent crimes." Plus, I think he's also saying it is possible to prevent something like this by offering better mental care, like counseling and therapy being normalized and more widely available. 

2. That is not what he said. I'm assuming, like you, that he meant that they'll have guns or something on the intruder, but they won't attack unless the intruder does something suspicious. Unless you mean property like a store or whatnot. Cops can come way too late or often make things worse.

1 hour ago, Doink! said:

First paragraph: Explain to me how that process would help the Unabomber, Jeffrey Dahmer, and the like.

Second paragraph: So now when someone steps on someone else's property, instead of calling the police to defuse the situation, they will now shoot first and ask questions later.

I mean the police do the second paragraph now already which is why we are in the situation we are in. 

............but we just condemned the Arbery shooting because of vigilante justice.  This is what you will be getting more of.

And if the next goal is to disarm the public like some Dems want, how will we enforce it with no police.  Will you send the military in the enforce the law, because I thought we were against the military coming in to enforce the law?  And how will these community enforcers be deputized?  If you want the government to be over them, they'd have to be deputized, thus they are once again a police force.

I mean, the only other choice is to have what they have in Africa.  The rich have their own privatized security and the rest are left with fending for themselves.

That was not vigilante justice, that was an act of racism.

Highly doubt that many Dems want to disarm the public, just sounds like a fear-mongering tactic by the NRA and Republicans for votes. 

Archived