U.S. Politics Discussion

PaperThinWalls

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, Lunchbox said:

Outnumbering the man, covered in protective gear, armed with weapons, and had to push the man down for some reason? What are they protecting and serving there? 

He walked up to them and put his hands on them. I'd shove him to the ground too.

The man is 75 years old and they tried to say he tripped and fell before the video was seen and now two of them are suspended without pay. See how quick they are to cover each other’s ass? It’s beyond reform.

There's nothing wrong about people protesting cops murdering Black people, and the fact that they're doing it despite the virus shows how bad things have gotten.

That old guy did not put his hands on anyone. Not only did the cop push him for no reason, but they also stopped another cop from helping him. There was no need to push him, just as there's no need to get violent towards protesters, and yet here we are. What I don't understand is how people who can use the internet still refuse to believe cops are bad. These people also cover for each other, and that makes it even worse. Hell, sexual assault victims can't even go to cops, especially when there are cops who'll sexuallly assault women themselves. 

4 hours ago, Doink! said:

He walked up to them and put his hands on them. I'd shove him to the ground too.

And that is the bigger problem especially america...people having a incredible short fuse and anger issues.
Especially a cop shouldnt have reacted that way, normally police is trained to de-escalate situations without causing any harm to citizens.
This man barely touched the cop and he completely lost it and shoved the man not caring for the result.

Cops least of all should have such short fuses and right away answer with violence, the badge is supposed to stand for something good...not stand for "I can bully people if i want to".
There is no excuse for this cops reaction, he could have stepped back or held the mans arm to signal that its not okay to put his hands on him...but what is his reaction? He shoves an elderly man so hard that he stumbles and falls, gets injured...and instead of the cops going in to see if he is alive or so...they walk past him to arrest people.
Nothing in this clip makes a cop look good or the country.
And two times wrong doesnt make it right does it? Just because the man put his hands on the cop, is it right for the cop to do the same and even use more force? I dont think so.
Or the cop who groped a woman and then beat her when she resisted...all actions of cops that are absolutly inexcuseable.

The funny thing is that cops can deescalate situations when it comes to armed white people, something they can't seem to do for unarmed Black people. Cops are also historically violent, and a good percentage of them have been known to be domestically abusive as well. And according to what I've read, the whole concept of police came about in order to capture runaway slaves and ensure no slave runs away. 

9 hours ago, Doink! said:

Shoving down a senior citizen, your parents must be so proud.

Must be quite a view from your ivory tower.

22 minutes ago, King RyderFan said:

@Doink!

There are ways to defend yourself without someone being forced or wrestled to the ground, especially if you have an obvious strength advantage.

Oh. I agree. There were definitely better ways they could've handled it like you stated.  But I am not blaming them for shoving him back.  Dude could have had a shank or anything.

1 minute ago, Lunchbox said:

But you fail to acknowledge  that he didn't put his hands on the person, which means he wasn't a threat which is probably why they tried to cover it up.

I've seen it several times.  It looks like he paintbrushes the officer with his phone.  If he didn't touch them, then they should've waited a little longer and gave him another order to move or just arrested him and de-escalate.

2 hours ago, Doink! said:

Oh. I agree. There were definitely better ways they could've handled it like you stated.  But I am not blaming them for shoving him back.  Dude could have had a shank or anything.

Glad you're not a cop. 

Archived