U.S. Politics Discussion

PaperThinWalls

2 minutes ago, M3J said:

As I said, protesters turn into rioters because of cops. They also loot corporations and stores that have been historically racist or anti-Black. In most videos, no protest has turned violent or into a riot as long as cops weren't violent, if they were present. 

power in numbers is not the same as having authority.... 

So, you're basically saying it's okay for protesters to use guns against cops? I'm not disagreeing, I'm just surprised if you are as right wingers generally don't like the idea of cops being in danger like that, even when they were protesting the lockdown.

Also for anyone that wants to read:

https://gen.medium.com/slavery-and-the-origins-of-the-american-police-state-ec318f5ff05b

Depends on the situation.  In the hypothetical that the cop has his knee on Floyd's neck and was killing him, and Floyd could have grabbed a gun to save himself in self-defense, I believe he would have every right to do it.

I believe that if your life is in mortal danger, you have every right to defend yourself.  I don't care who is threatening you or what authority they have.  I believe that a cop should be able to defend himself against a criminal when his life is threatened, and I believe the opposite as well.  Basically, nobody should kill anyone unless it's in self-defense.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How could he have grabbed a gun when he was being restrained by two or three other cops and was not in a position to fight back even if he was just restrained by the killer? However, I do agree that cops should be able to defend themselves, and I think a lot of BLM supporters do as well since they never brought up situations where cops rightfully defended themselves. To my knowledge anyway.

Also, cops have looted more than once before, but I've yet to see any cop supporter/racists call them out for it. Or mentioning how protesters have often stopped rioters from doing damage. 

I honestly dont know what will happen in the next months with america...i can see a civil war happening because i dont see how america can continue like this.
The country is on its knees and it seems there is no stopping.

I mean not only because of the protests now, no there is so much more...the pandemic the country still hasnt gotten a hold of, the debts the country has, the unemployment numbers and all that.
Add to that a complete failure of leadership with the opposition not having many answer seemingly themself.
I dont know, the country needs real changes as it seems...too many systems are broken.

Hey people thought Trump would be a good president and here we are. Man is only in it for himself right now. When your people are begging for equality you don't call them scum and thugs. Thats not what a true leader does,  a true leader tries to unite and not divide. 

Hes not a good president, you can't argue that he is. The country is collapsing under his control and he chose to run and hide the other night. People were legit burning dummys with Obama's face on it and he didn't run, people wanted Bush and Clinton's heads and they didn't run but the current president is a total coward. 

Now the Police even goes and attacks Medics that are clearly marked so they can be easily recongnized because they wanted to help protesters.

Nobody else find it weird that health officials wanted everyone to isolate themselves from each other, but now mass gatherings are okay as long as they are protests?  That's why I don't take this COVID stuff seriously from said "experts."

Can't go to church, synagogue, mosque etc.  But can definitely go out and protest and burn crap to the ground.

I don't know the lockdown protocols for each individual state but alot of this started happening after they lifted the stay-at-home orders. And in many places, like where the beaches are going full force, supposedly even if minimum person gatherings rules are ignored, those in itself aren't "orders" and don't have to, or can't, be enforced. 

I don't think any health officials are coming out and saying "protest, or stay home" or any nonsense like that. This peer to-peer proximity is still a huge concern for medical professions as some areas have seen boosts in their Covid cases since lifting the lockdown. These protest, although arguably necessary, aren't gonna do anybody any good in the long run, especially with people being peppered, smoked, and gassed, coughing fits and spitting galore

“We will build and train peace officers to keep the peace in our communities, to defend our communities, to keep our communities safe.”

https://www.foxnews.com/us/black-lives-matter-plans-war-on-police-ny-leader-says

I have been saying this for years.  People need to police their own community.  Don't wait for the cops to show up.  They only show up after a crime has been committed.

12 hours ago, Doink! said:

Nobody else find it weird that health officials wanted everyone to isolate themselves from each other, but now mass gatherings are okay as long as they are protests?  That's why I don't take this COVID stuff seriously from said "experts."

Can't go to church, synagogue, mosque etc.  But can definitely go out and protest and burn crap to the ground.

Its not so hard to understand, i dont get how people dont seem to do basic research on that kind of stuff.
Protesting is a basic right you cant take away...the other shit is luxury.
You dont NEED to go to church because religion isnt vital...its a belief system.
You dont NEED to go to a restaurant to eat, you can easily eat at home.
You dont NEED to get a haircut.

Doesnt sound overly complicated to me.

13 minutes ago, Doink! said:

People exercising their second amendment rights is weird to you?

Ehm yes...a country where the citizens feel the need to own and openly carry guns...has failed.
If you need to fear your freedom either from other citizens or the government and you need such a amendement, you arent really free.

5 minutes ago, Mani-Man said:

Its not so hard to understand, i dont get how people dont seem to do basic research on that kind of stuff.
Protesting is a basic right you cant take away...the other shit is luxury.
You dont NEED to go to church because religion isnt vital...its a belief system.
You dont NEED to go to a restaurant to eat, you can easily eat at home.
You dont NEED to get a haircut.

Doesnt sound overly complicated to me.

Ehm yes...a country where the citizens feel the need to own and openly carry guns...has failed.
If you need to fear your freedom either from other citizens or the government and you need such a amendement, you arent really free.

You do NEED to run a business and work to live.  Yet we couldn't do that.

Please.  Even the left is coming around stating that they need to arm up.  Might be for different reasons, but they are coming around.

It's BLM protesters who need guns the most because of how violent the cops are, not the right who want to protest for haircuts and risking the spread of covid. Otherwise if cops were actually not *censored*ed up, then guns would be unnecessary. 

If the government was effective and cared about its people, then small businesses could have gotten loans to stay afloat, and people could have gotten checks so they didn't have to worry. 

59 minutes ago, Doink! said:

You do NEED to run a business and work to live.  Yet we couldn't do that.

Please.  Even the left is coming around stating that they need to arm up.  Might be for different reasons, but they are coming around.

That is why a country should be prepared for such cases instead of just hoping that things work out somehow.
That is why the government needs to be prepared supporting the businesses that cant open because it would be more dangerous to the majority of a country.

It is simply the dumbest idea to open businesses that rely on walk in customers during a pandemic a country has absolutly not in control.
Because the risk is too big as to play russian roulette with peoples health.
105,000 dead people are 105,000 less people that support businesses.

1 hour ago, Mani-Man said:

That is why a country should be prepared for such cases instead of just hoping that things work out somehow.
That is why the government needs to be prepared supporting the businesses that cant open because it would be more dangerous to the majority of a country.

It is simply the dumbest idea to open businesses that rely on walk in customers during a pandemic a country has absolutly not in control.
Because the risk is too big as to play russian roulette with peoples health.
105,000 dead people are 105,000 less people that support businesses.

You know, actually nobody was THAT well prepared, yet Europe came around and tried to do something about it.

In Germany they created a help package for small businesses to help them through the month or two they had to close down.

I know it first Hand because my sister in law is a photographer and our goverment gave her 5000€ so she can cover the bills of her shop so she won't have to do it from her savings, others got more!

The big ones can go by and survive if they close for a month so depending on how big they are and how much they make they got a little to nothing.

That's how a goverment should support their small businesses and help them in such times.

They even officially said that it would be nice if every owner of a Building that can afford not getting the rent for a month from small businesses, could dispense to ask for the rent for a month.

This was however up to the owners of the Buildings to decide, nobody forced them to do so. Still was nice that the goverment told them that it would be helpful towards the small and even bigger stores if they could give them a free pass for a month.

All Restaurants that had no delivery Service they went online and started offering so they could still make Money. People supported them by ordering. The cinemas created a link in which everyone of us could support them by watching advertisements they would had shown previous to a movie at the Cinema anyway. By watching 5 advertisements we supported them and made sure they receive Money!

Heck I didn't even had to fully watch the Clips, just opened the link and let it Play until it was over while I was doing other things.

It's THAT easy to help and support and there are a lot of ways to do it.

So for a goverment saying " Oh well, we were not prepared" and do nothing to help it's People  is beyond saddening.

"ThE hYpOcRiSy Is AlArMiNg"

I mean, it's worse that armed lockdown protesters weren't met with violence, but protesters are for not wanting cops to kill Black people. The hypocrisy is more alarming that people fight against cops and staying at home but will tell protesters they had it coming and should have stayed at home. 

21 minutes ago, M3J said:

"ThE hYpOcRiSy Is AlArMiNg"

I mean, it's worse that armed lockdown protesters weren't met with violence, but protesters are for not wanting cops to kill Black people. The hypocrisy is more alarming that people fight against cops and staying at home but will tell protesters they had it coming and should have stayed at home. 

Even if I accept your example, do two wrongs make a right?

Archived