U.S. Politics Discussion

PaperThinWalls

She’s spoken up on multiple occasions but she was always cautious because of course she doesn’t want to invite all the scrutiny and mud on her name. #MeToo and #Time’sUp and all em didn’t give her a chance and I’m sure the thought of seeing this man become president was enough for her to finally say “*Censored* it” and go full throttle. The Larry King tape with her mother was a haymaker in my opinion but unfortunately because of the anonymity her mom used they’re gonna brush it off.  This is not a time to bend and break principles because Joe is a lame ass Democrat. When it was Kavanaugh, Democrats didn’t hesitate but because it’s Biden, now they’re playing it safe. If this was Bernie I would be on his ass too, and best believe the DNC wouldn’t be trying to bury this either. The weird whataboutism from centrist Dems is gross too. “Okay Biden has ONE accusation, Trump has 30! Which is worse?!” like that’s how low the bar is now. They’re both probable rapists but we gotta pick the one who raped less? Y’all can have that, I’m not voting for either of them. I held my nose with Hillary, held my nose for Abrams, but I can’t do this shit. 

Also I really hate the false dichotomy everyone keeps pushing and the nerve of centrist/corporate Dems to screw over the populist candidate, prop up a rapist corpse and then shame people into voting for him. “I know you may not agree with him on anything, but it’s either him or Trump. That’s all you got.” Kiss my ass. I can’t think of a better time to finally legitimize a third party.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Biden's actually encouraged the investigation and says he has nothing to hide. There's also the theory that if he really is guilty or tried to bury anything, then the Reps would uncover that and use that to their advantage. 

On 5/2/2020 at 8:16 PM, M3J said:

Biden's actually encouraged the investigation and says he has nothing to hide. There's also the theory that if he really is guilty or tried to bury anything, then the Reps would uncover that and use that to their advantage. 

He encourages an investigation short of the sealed Delaware files. Methinks there’s something damning in there.

I love it when Republicans act as if Democratic-led states take more money than they put in, while they contribute more when that's the opposite. McConnell is so full of shit, as are many of his colleagues, and I wish the voters were savvy enough to do their own research. 

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/cuomo-reminds-mcconnell-new-york-pays-more-kentucky-state-bailout

2 hours ago, M3J said:

And people in states like Kentucky can live in squalor just because of conservative views on economy. Makes sense. 

Then I wonder why people in blue states move to red ones in mass numbers and not the other way around?

Chicago, NYC, LA, and SF are huge cities that aren't fun to live in for many people while red states are more rural. Plus, housing is cheaper in red states, no matter how incompetent the red leaders are. Wonder how many of the people who move to red states are conservatives though, and brainwashed into things like believing McConnell and Trump's lies. 

17 hours ago, M3J said:

Chicago, NYC, LA, and SF are huge cities that aren't fun to live in for many people while red states are more rural. Plus, housing is cheaper in red states, no matter how incompetent the red leaders are. Wonder how many of the people who move to red states are conservatives though, and brainwashed into things like believing McConnell and Trump's lies. 

So the leaders are so incompetent that housing is cheaper.  Meanwhile, the competent leaders are the ones skyrocketing taxes making people leave.  Am I getting this right?

Breonna Taylor, a 26 year old paramedic, was gunned down by police while doing a no-knock search warrant on her residence.  Her boyfriend, thinking the police were burglars, open fire on them and is now facing attempted murder for shooting a police officer.

This is ridiculous and another reason no-knock warrants should have never been a thing to begin with.

Might I add that the police were in plain clothes when executing this warrant.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/qj44wv/what-we-know-about-breonna-taylor-lousiville-kentucky-emt-police-shooting-death

Even a pandemic isn't going to stop cops from killing Black people for no reason while doing nothing to armed white protesters breathing in their face. Jeez. Even an ex-cop and his son killed a Black man who was jogging for no reason.

• 2 weeks later...

Minneapolis cops killing George Floyd is a hot topic now. They need to all get tried as murderers, not just get fired where they'd probably get hired elsewhere again. Then you have Amy Cooper trying to call the cops on Christian Cooper just because he told her to leash her dog, which should be categorized as attempted murder given the cops' tendency to kill Black people. I really wish this country cared more about Black people and allowed them to live and have opportunities. 

7 hours ago, M3J said:

Minneapolis cops killing George Floyd is a hot topic now. They need to all get tried as murderers, not just get fired where they'd probably get hired elsewhere again. 

Cops in the Floyd situation should definitely be punished to the highest extent. No excuse for it and any cop that was there and could of stopped the cop that was kneeling on his neck has blood on their hands too. Its also sad to see people are apparently looting and burning buildings. I get the outrage but you're only hurting your local community by doing this.

Agreed on the first part.

From what I've read, people were looting Target because the store supports the police department and were refusing to help the protesters when they tried to get milk. Plus, they're insured, so it's not like they'll really lose much. I actually feel more for the employees as they probably have less income coming, if at all. 

Trump is literally one of the worst leaders this country has ever had. He's such an embarrassment and is actually encouraging more violence instead of ensuring Derek gets punished, and the Floyd family sees justice. A real piece of shit. 

Archived