U.S. Politics Discussion

PaperThinWalls

31 minutes ago, Generations said:

You're such a cliche, dude. Get new material.

November is also a LONG ways off. You're giving Trump a ton of credit in assuming that Covid-19 won't have destroyed this country by then.

"4 more years of Trump, then." were you words. I essentially agreed with you and you are still arguing with me? 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not arguing with you. 

I said that your posting habits are cliché. You always have these little prodding comments that you make. 

This thread is going to be so fun to watch on Election night though. I hope to see you all there.

Shit like that is lame...and you know it.

6 minutes ago, Generations said:

I'm not arguing with you. Show me where I argued. 

I said that your posting habits are cliché. You always have these little prodding comments that you make. 

Shit like that is lame...and you know it.

I was talking about your second line in regards to November being a long way off.

And I'm sorry if my comments about looking forward to the election hurt you. Would you rather I hope Trump gets Corona like others here?  

Comments aside though, the Democrats had 4 years to plan for this election. They failed with blaming Russia, they failed with impeachment. And in those 4 years they thought that a 77 year old politician, with a clear case of dementia, who can't keep his hands to himself. Was the best choice to put against Trump.  Go figure. 

1 hour ago, Generations said:

These were important actions to take in a stand against the blatant corruption of Trump. It's sad that nothing much came of either. But, neither was a waste.

Speaking as probably the farthest leftys on this board, I say with confidence both were a waste of time. Removal from office was already unlikely with a republican senate, but then they went after him with weak corruption charges that made the Bidens look just as bad. There are other more substantive things they could have went after him for but truthfully the only way impeachment would’ve worked is if Trump was caught on camera murdering somebody and even then I have my doubts. Also the underlying risk with impeachment is that if it fails, the base solidifies more behind the president. Now we’re months away from a second term.

As far as Russia, all of it was simply exhausting and nobody *censored*ing cared. They came up with absolutely nothing worth a damn. All Russiagate did was break Dems brains so now any dissenting opinion gets you called a Russian asset/bot. I have no reason to believe Russia isn’t minding their business. Also, Trump made a lot of significant anti-Russia moves for someone who is apparently working for them.

That said, I’m writing in Bernie or voting Green, voting progressive on the down ballot.

37 minutes ago, EJ! said:

Speaking as probably the farthest leftys on this board, I say with confidence both were a waste of time. Removal from office was already unlikely with a republican senate, but then they went after him with weak corruption charges that made the Bidens look just as bad. There are other more substantive things they could have went after him for but truthfully the only way impeachment would’ve worked is if Trump was caught on camera murdering somebody and even then I have my doubts. Also the underlying risk with impeachment is that if it fails, the base solidifies more behind the president. Now we’re months away from a second term.

That said, I’m writing in Bernie or voting Green, voting progressive on the down ballot.

I have a feeling you won't be alone.

But I agree with most everything you said. Even Nancy Pelosi who I don't like (yet don't wish Corona on) wanted no part of the impeachment. She only did so because some of the newer members of her party pressured her into it.

5 hours ago, KingKhan18 said:

I wouldn't normally wish such a thing on another person, but... in Trump's case, he *censored*ing deserves it. For even suggesting that people should go out in public, sacrifice their health and safety for the sake of the *censored*ing economy, for downplaying this, costing thousands of lives, he *censored*ing deserves it.  Goddamned scumbag.

Same. Trump is just that horrible and borderline murderous that I'd rather something happens so that he doesn't hurt more people. It's not even about politics but what Trump does and says.

4 hours ago, Generations said:

Like I said...walking cliché.

Stop before you get this thread closed again. 

Dude, you're the one making things worse, not Kevin.

Hate seeing Bernie lose, especially to a horrible person with a hypocritical fan base (Alyssa Milano for example), but I hope people still vote for Biden anyway. I don't want another four years of Trump, although there's a good chance we'll get that. The pandemic should be proof enough why having reps in power is bad, and that's not counting history. Plus, I'd rather have Biden's picks in SC than Trump's.

Know what?

I've got nothing left to say about US politics anyway. It's a dumpster fire.

I don't have any reason to post here in the future. 

Had hope for Bernie. Don't give a shit now. Will vote for Biden just out of "couldn't be worse"...but, that's about it. One way or another, this country will move forward...as a giant shell of what it once was. And we'll all survive somehow. And that's about all we have left. I know who I hold accountable...and I always will. Don't need to post in here, where people take cheap shots, and talk about "hurt feelings" like they're on a higher level than everyone else. You guys enjoy that. I'm out.

You are bad at this accountability thing.

Under Trump, women's rights will disappear even more, and more hateful rhetoric will be spread. There's also the matter of his incompetence at almost everything he's done, and another term might be disastrous for the economy. Trump benefited from Obama's competence. Plus, why would anyone want to risk Trump appointing more SC? 

2 hours ago, M3J said:

Sounds like he was just having fun with the reporter. But is this Tiger King  worth watching? I feel like the only person besides Trump that hasn't seen it. Facebook is flooded with memes about him and his wife that maybe fed someone to a tiger?

11 hours ago, nWo_Kevin said:

Sounds like he was just having fun with the reporter. But is this Tiger King  worth watching? I feel like the only person besides Trump that hasn't seen it. Facebook is flooded with memes about him and his wife that maybe fed someone to a tiger?

Dunno, I feel like Trump would take it seriously and waste time on that.

But I've heard great things about it. 

If Trump was actually a decent leader and a decent person then it'd have been whatever. Or if it was Romney in his place, then Dems deserve to lose. Sad fact is that another Trump term could be disastrous, as this pandemic proved beyond doubt. New things about Biden keep popping up that just keep ensuring a lot of people on the left don't vote for him. Jeez.

• 2 weeks later...

So what are people making of this Joe Biden - Sexual Assault allegations? Do you believe him? Do you still hold the "believe all women"  motto? 

*Side Note* Speaking of Biden. It was 9 years ago today that Osama Bin Laden was killed and Biden was the only member of Obama's cabinet to object to the Navy Seal raid. 

3 hours ago, nWo_Kevin said:

So what are people making of this Joe Biden - Sexual Assault allegations? Do you believe him? Do you still hold the "believe all women"  motto? 

No I don't hold the "believe all women" motto, I hold "believe women" motto. Seemingly small but important distinction in language. 

For starters, not a single person who turned a blind eye to Trumps character and sexual missconduct behaviour, and numerous rape accusations, has the right to criticise Biden for his allegations. And let's not ignore the Kavanaugh case. And yes, I believe he made inappropriate advances toward those women that came out. And instead of owning up to it, he tried weaseling out of it. I believe he is a creep. 

I hold "believe victims" motto, and I don't think Biden is completely innocent. I do wish enough people focused on Trump's at least 22 allegations of sexual misconduct though, especially the way they focused on Bill's to blame Hillary. I also believe Kavanaugh's victims. 

I haven't been following this one because honestly I'm exhausted, but I was told this woman files a report when it happened initially but nobody has it in the current day. Is that true?

It's the convenience of the allegations that aleays throws me in these situations. It makes the victims far less believable in my eyes. I haven't heard Biden's defense but I wouldn't doubt he dod some creepy sheeit in the day. He looks like a gaddamn creeper

Archived