Coronavirus 2020 coverage thread

Ziggy Vercetti

1 hour ago, Motown Saint said:

I just hope this ends. I don't care how, I don't when, just end this stupid thing. Trump and this stupid witch named Gretchen Whitmer both have their heads up their butts. If people die, they die. Dearh is the end result for all of us.

Did you just say you're okay with people dying as long as you can go out and do stuff? 

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, M3J said:

Did you just say you're okay with people dying as long as you can go out and do stuff? 

No. You misunderstood. If you look at the statistics, more people get killed by the common cold than this stupid thing. Nobody was scared until they turned on the TV or looked at their phone. It's all bullcrap. What are people scared of? Death? Why? It's the end result for everybody, disease or not.

People don't want to die early. And coronavirus is new, and it takes up to fourteen days to feel the symptoms and longer to kill, if it does. People weren't scared until they realized it's not just old people that could die from this. 

People are still dying even though we are taking precautions to prevent people from getting  it.

You don't want it to spread because you don't want it to mutate.

And yeah alot of people die from the cold and flu but they don't totally overwhelm our medical system the way this is. 

The news or the media didn't make me scared about this situation, my sisters horror storys from the ICU is whats making me scared about this whole situation. 

3 hours ago, Motown Saint said:

No. You misunderstood. If you look at the statistics, more people get killed by the common cold than this stupid thing. Nobody was scared until they turned on the TV or looked at their phone. It's all bullcrap. What are people scared of? Death? Why? It's the end result for everybody, disease or not.

I don't know if I believe that.  Even the most generous estimates state .7%.  The average flu kills about .2%.  It may not look much, but when you also factor in millions of people it does start to pile up.  This is also someone that is hoping they start to reopen some industries (with proper precautions.)

3 hours ago, Lunchbox said:

People are still dying even though we are taking precautions to prevent people from getting  it.

You don't want it to spread because you don't want it to mutate.

And yeah alot of people die from the cold and flu but they don't totally overwhelm our medical system the way this is. 

The news or the media didn't make me scared about this situation, my sisters horror storys from the ICU is whats making me scared about this whole situation. 

To add, we're also learning new things about this virus that makes it even more complex and scary. 

4 hours ago, M3J said:

To add, we're also learning new things about this virus that makes it even more complex and scary. 

Complex and scary indeed.

Relived we're only working 4 days a week because of the shelter in place order from our Governor... every Friday since the order was activated, the owners get our facility sanitized/disinfected.

On 4/22/2020 at 7:19 AM, Doink! said:

Traveling restrictions is literally immigration.  If you can't cross the border, you can't immigrate.

Not literally, there are thousands of immigrants in EU that arrived and are in Greece, Italy and other countries waiting for their Immigration paperwork to be done.

So they are considered "Guests" until their Situation is cleared and they are  ready to move to a EU Country of their choosing.

You are right when it comes to People that never managed to reach or are not allowed to cross the borders due to the Lockdowns though.

6 hours ago, M3J said:

Yep! He also suggested it would be very "Interesting" to put People under ultraviolet rays or under extreme heat to test if it would kill the Virus or not.

One can speculate yet but suggesting to try such stuff to your People ir beyond stupid, extremely immature and irresponsible to say the least .

?

Please don't listen to him!

You are safer if you read News from Germany (MSN and so on).

They post regularly News with what's going on and what they are trying out in a SAFE Environment without putting anyone in danger.

I know better than to trust Trump, republicans, his supporters, or right wing news. Reading news from Germany doesn't make sense as I don't live there. Have any leader from other countries suggested something like this? I feel like Boris would. 

11 hours ago, M3J said:

I know better than to trust Trump, republicans, his supporters, or right wing news. Reading news from Germany doesn't make sense as I don't live there. Have any leader from other countries suggested something like this? I feel like Boris would. 

If someone in Germany would suggest something like this they would get a huge shitstorm from all sides and more to say the least.

What I meant with reading was when it Comes to a Cure or the development of a Cure or other suggestions that have t o do with the Virus or healing from it.

At least the News will be accurate.

Not Things About Lockdowns and such since they don't affect you.

Right, so the stay at home order has been extended to the end of May in Illinois. Not that it matters since we still get hundreds of customers in the store I work at daily. Some of them are just shopping because they're bored and don't want to be in the house. And one of my friends was told by a doctor that she most likely has the virus and is in quarantine now.

Archived