Coronavirus 2020 coverage thread

Ziggy Vercetti

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah but we live in a country where people put themselves first before other people. The Karens of the world are getting restless cause it immedently doesn't affect them.

Meanwhile healthcare workers like my sister have to worry about catching the virus because they are around it 12 hours a day because people can't just stay the *Censored* home or if they go out where the proper PPE and take proper precautions. That shit that Sweden would never work here because you have people in this country that still believe the virus is a hoax.

Think about it this way, they told everyone to practice social distancing since about March 14thish. People weren't practicing so they had to start placing restrictions, NOW a month plus later we are slowly seeing results. Imagine if we actually starting doing this in March?

37 minutes ago, Doink! said:

Smart people would have stayed home even without a stay at home order.  It's just common sense.

The problem is, most of them didn't stay home, hence the order. And now, it's apparently Trump supporters that are going out and protesting. People are way too selfish, and it's obvious with how many protestors are angry at not being able to get their hair done or whatnot. 

Had US acted more "authoritarian" and forced people to stay in in early March or something, then things may not have gotten as bad as it did. Scary thing is that we also have to be careful of second wave. 

On 4/15/2020 at 6:53 PM, NegativeCreep said:

Found out that my Aunt, Uncle, and cousin who live in a neighboring state tested positive for the corona virus... my Aunt was admitted to the hospital last night, so fingers crossed none of them turn into a statistic.

Really hope they will fight through it and will be safe and sound again very soon!

As a sidenote: The Lockdown in Germany was Extended until the 3rd mai-11mai.

Starting from Monday next week everyone will have to wear a mask when they are at work, grocery store and so on...

Big Events are not allowed until the 29th August

The Stores are allowed to open again but only small stores that are under 800 Meters big and even these have to have stuff built in that reduces the distance between People like Markers, Steel Bars and stuff to Prevent People from being too near to each other. Only a certain amount of People will be allowed to be in the same store at the same time which means that it can be the case that we will wait like 1-2 hours or longer and that's no matter if they limit the time we are allowed to be in a store or not.  

23 minutes ago, M3J said:

The problem is, most of them didn't stay home, hence the order. And now, it's apparently Trump supporters that are going out and protesting. People are way too selfish, and it's obvious with how many protestors are angry at not being able to get their hair done or whatnot. 

Had US acted more "authoritarian" and forced people to stay in in early March or something, then things may not have gotten as bad as it did. Scary thing is that we also have to be careful of second wave. 

I'm not of the "if we can save one life" mindset.  I have a ton of authoritative ideas like banning everything potentially bad.

1 minute ago, Doink! said:

I'm not of the "if we can save one life" mindset.  I have a ton of authoritative ideas like banning everything potentially bad.

Well if you manage to ban Trump and Erdogan that would be a start! ?

Trump suspended immigration to offset the virus. This is a pretty dumb move that seems to be performative for his xenophobic supporters. I can't imagine people wanting to or being able to immigrate given the chances of catching coronavirus, and healthcare being better anywhere else like in Canada. 

4 hours ago, M3J said:

Trump suspended immigration to offset the virus. This is a pretty dumb move that seems to be performative for his xenophobic supporters. I can't imagine people wanting to or being able to immigrate given the chances of catching coronavirus, and healthcare being better anywhere else like in Canada. 

Trump should had reacted much earlier then he did but he was busy downplaying everything feeding the People with false informations from "it is just like a regular flu, nothing to worry about" to "we already have a Cure, np" stuff he spread around from the end of january to whole february making things much worse then they could had been by doing absolutely nothing to stop the spread.

Then when things got worse in Marz he thought that everyone already forgot what he said and did at the end of january and the whole february so he contradicted himself and blamed others for his doings.

Not only thousands of People lost their lives because he and his goverment reacted way too late but he was and still is more busy worrying about making money then saving lives in overall.

Now he even uses the Virus as a excuse to stop the immigration he wanted to stop all the time anyway.

Knowing so many people from the USA through real life, gaming community, projects and these very Forums it makes me not only sad but most of all mad that you guys have to endure such a selfish and most of all ignorant president.

He keeps ruining your Country in every way possible and instead of looking in the Mirror for ONCE and say "Hey! Let's Change our way, let's do our Job right!" he lies and does as he never said what he said and never did what he did.

Erdogan is following Trumps ways and waited until now before he even went on lockdown. Who knows how many People already died down there and nobody knows about it because he will just do as if nobody was affected  until now giving wrong numbers in the hope to fool everyone aswell.

I'm really happy I get to live in Europe and most of all in Germany. We have one of the best (if not the best) healthcares in the world and our goverment at least looks after us.

8 hours ago, M3J said:

Literally every country is doing this.

I googled, and so far no country has banned immigration from what I've seen. Trump also mentioned "protecting jobs" as a reason for banning  immigration, which is a bullshit reason. Suspending entry from Mexico and Canada make sense, but banning immigration from places across the ocean does not as very few immigrants would want to risk catching coronavirus or deal with USA's horrible infrastructure.

Anyway, thanks to states like Georgia and Texas, we're probably going to see an even worse second wave. Wonder if China's been hit by second wave or not. 

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2020/04/01/more-than-nine-in-ten-people-worldwide-live-in-countries-with-travel-restrictions-amid-covid-19/

Here's an article regarding immigration and what countries are doing.  Even Canada is closed.

As of April 1-"At least nine-tenths (91%) of the world’s population, or 7.1 billion people, lives in countries with restrictions on people arriving from other countries who are neither citizens nor residents, such as tourists, business travelers and new immigrants. Roughly 3 billion people, or 39%, live in countries with borders completely closed to noncitizens and nonresidents, according to a Pew Research Center analysis of border closure announcements and United Nations population data."

I must suck at searching as I tried it again with some keywords from that article, and still nothing up to date.

In the case of countries in Asia and Europe, it makes more sense as people seeking entry don't have to fly to get in. Plus, most of those countries have better healthcare system than we do. Anyway, given the shortage of doctors and nurses in some countries, I wonder how the immigration restriction will affect us. 

Is closing the boarders and immigration two different things maybe?

Like someone i know is hitting their 5 years in the country soon and might not be able to get her green card cause immigration is closed.   Boarders have been closed for a bit.

6 hours ago, Doink! said:

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2020/04/01/more-than-nine-in-ten-people-worldwide-live-in-countries-with-travel-restrictions-amid-covid-19/

Here's an article regarding immigration and what countries are doing.  Even Canada is closed.

As of April 1-"At least nine-tenths (91%) of the world’s population, or 7.1 billion people, lives in countries with restrictions on people arriving from other countries who are neither citizens nor residents, such as tourists, business travelers and new immigrants. Roughly 3 billion people, or 39%, live in countries with borders completely closed to noncitizens and nonresidents, according to a Pew Research Center analysis of border closure announcements and United Nations population data."

Those are General traveling restrictions and have nothing to do with the Immigration itself.

Malta was one of the first to close it's borders in around mid Marz and the other countries followed a few days later.

Only People that were Living in a Country and were in a other Country due to vacations or work Prior to the Lockdowns were allowed to fly back and be in quarantine for two weeks after Arrival.

We have enen traveling restrictions within Germany for everyone.

You are only allowed to travel between towns when it has to do with your work and you have a Job that can't be done in a home Office setting.

Otherwise everyone stays in their towns and homes.

3 minutes ago, Saturi said:

Those are General traveling restrictions and have nothing to do with the Immigration itself.

Malta was one of the first to close it's borders in around mid Marz and the other countries followed a few days later.

Only People that were Living in a Country and were in a other Country due to vacations or work Prior to the Lockdowns were allowed to fly back and be in quarantine for two weeks after Arrival.

We have enen traveling restrictions within Germany for everyone.

You are only allowed to travel between towns when it has to do with your work and you have a Job that can't be done in a home Office setting.

Otherwise everyone stays in their towns and homes.

Traveling restrictions is literally immigration.  If you can't cross the border, you can't immigrate.

Got an email from my job and since the stay home rule is gonna be lifted, I’m prob going back to work in the coming weeks unless something happens. Hopefully folks know what they’re doing cause the virus didn’t just up and disappear. Am I ready to get back to work and do other things aside from staying home and quickly hitting the store(safely of course) ? Sure, but I’ll gladly stay home till things are really slowed down. 

5 hours ago, Ziggy Vercetti said:

Got an email from my job and since the stay home rule is gonna be lifted, I’m prob going back to work in the coming weeks unless something happens. Hopefully folks know what they’re doing cause the virus didn’t just up and disappear. Am I ready to get back to work and do other things aside from staying home and quickly hitting the store(safely of course) ? Sure, but I’ll gladly stay home till things are really slowed down. 

guess all you can do is wear gloves and a mask and wash your hands often. 

Archived