Coronavirus 2020 coverage thread

Ziggy Vercetti

27 minutes ago, Doink! said:

I'm not mocking the elderly having no healthcare.  I think it is a tragedy. 

I AM mocking the notion of socialized medicine, healthcare is a human right, and no death panels under socialized medicine when that is exactly what is going on.  It is the main reason I do not want Republicans nor Democrats running my healthcare because the government cannot do anything efficiently.

read your own article. that's not what it is saying, at all. read after the first few paragraphs. 

so suddenly healthcare is a human right? lmao go troll somewhere else. 

there are no death panels. 

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, AONO. said:

read your own article. that's not what it is saying, at all. read after the first few paragraphs. 

so suddenly healthcare is a human right? lmao go troll somewhere else. 

there are no death panels. 

You can feel bad that the elderly are not getting healthcare treatment and not believe that healthcare is a human right.  Saying healthcare is a human right is stating that you have the right to someone else's labor.

"Instead, clinicians are being urged to use the 'Clinical Frailty Scale' when considering which patients to give critical care.  It does not discriminate age, but it does weigh up underlying conditions and overall health."

Who do you think are the most likely to have underlying conditions and bad overall health?  The elderly.  So it is essentially a death panel.

48 minutes ago, M3J said:

"Cherry picking." lol

Doesn't change the fact that USA is seeing the most cases of the virus out of all countries, and the fact that the president *censored*ed this up as early as two or three years ago. The president also said he'd not do much or try to help out states whose governors criticized him, and you have the republicans who either said it was a hoax or are talking about how ridiculous the lockdown is and their attempt to end the lockdown.

Plus, if more countries had better aid in place like Canada ($2000 per month) or Italy (suspension of most, if not all, payments), then the cases probably wouldn't be as high as people wouldn't be forced to go to work to make ends meet. 

The President didn't mess this up two or three years ago and fired the pandemic team.  They left and were never replaced under reorganizing by the moron named John Bolton.  Trump never defunded the CDC either.    The President has helped out both Cuomo and Newsome a lot, and both have praised the President and the feds multiple times.

New studies are also showing a majority of people that are getting COVID-19 are asymptomatic, which makes the death rates even lower than projected.  Currently, we are looking at around 0.7%.  Still more than the flu, but nothing along the 2%-5% range that has been suggested.

I'm sure Italy's aid packages are really helping with the highest death rates per capita in the world.

16 minutes ago, Doink! said:

You can feel bad that the elderly are not getting healthcare treatment and not believe that healthcare is a human right.  Saying healthcare is a human right is stating that you have the right to someone else's labor.

"Instead, clinicians are being urged to use the 'Clinical Frailty Scale' when considering which patients to give critical care.  It does not discriminate age, but it does weigh up underlying conditions and overall health."

Who do you think are the most likely to have underlying conditions and bad overall health?  The elderly.  So it is essentially a death panel.

Ah, sorry I miss read that sentence, thought you were claiming healthcare is a human right. Weird. 

It's not "essentially a death panel". 
Again, stop making shit up, since that is not what is going on. You should be able to read the article that you yourself have posted. 

And you are openly saying that you came here and posted to MOCK. Take that stuff elsewhere. 

EDIT: and just WOW at your last Italy remark. I'm not even going to quote it due to how disgusting it is. 

"Plus, if more countries had better aid in place like Canada ($2000 per month) or Italy (suspension of most, if not all, payments), then the cases probably wouldn't be as high as people wouldn't be forced to go to work to make ends meet. "

He said that if we paid like Italy, our cases wouldn't be as high.  I was making the case that it didn't help Italy.

And it is essentially a death panel if they are choosing who lives and dies.  It's actually literally a death panel.

No point in responding to Doink if I were you, Aono.

Anyways, I really hope the pharmaceutical companies won't be charging an arm and leg for a coronavirus vaccine if it works. Would be even better if it was free or under $10, even. 

12 hours ago, M3J said:

"Cherry picking." lol

Doesn't change the fact that USA is seeing the most cases of the virus out of all countries, and the fact that the president *censored*ed this up as early as two or three years ago. The president also said he'd not do much or try to help out states whose governors criticized him, and you have the republicans who either said it was a hoax or are talking about how ridiculous the lockdown is and their attempt to end the lockdown.

First, can we all agree that when you say "most cases of the virus out all countries"  it should have an asterisk? Clearly China is first but they have lied about everything  including the number of their people infected and have died from it.

Secondly,  I don't think its crazy or unfair to also (keyword) look at these  numbers by dividing by population size to show prevalence. As you an see in this chart: 

EViHeuuUYAEUBn2?format=jpg&name=small

Found out that my Aunt, Uncle, and cousin who live in a neighboring state tested positive for the corona virus... my Aunt was admitted to the hospital last night, so fingers crossed none of them turn into a statistic.

15 minutes ago, NegativeCreep said:

Found out that my Aunt, Uncle, and cousin who live in a neighboring state tested positive for the corona virus... my Aunt was admitted to the hospital last night, so fingers crossed none of them turn into a statistic.

My thoughts are with your family man. I’m hoping they can beat this.

2 hours ago, NegativeCreep said:

Sending my prayers bro 

7 minutes ago, Motown Saint said:

Man, screw this disease. People getting laid off, sporting events getting postponed, people talking through stupid web cams. They need to find how and why this crap started. Find patient zero so they end this garbage once and for all

That's now how you fight a virus...

12 minutes ago, Motown Saint said:

Man, screw this disease. People getting laid off, sporting events getting postponed, people talking through stupid web cams. They need to find how and why this crap started. Find patient zero so they end this garbage once and for all

Well it did start in China... and I'm not sure why patient zero matters anymore? How would that help anything?

The thing is, virus is here to stay for a while. Hopefully it gets under control as soon is possible. Some parts of Europe are seing the effects of lockdown, and that is good news. The pandemic can, and probably will be contained, but most likely the virus is not just going to be "destroyed". The development for the vaccine is still a long way off. Until then, I think we will have to find the best way to contain it as much as possible and find a viable treatment. 

9 minutes ago, Motown Saint said:

I'm well aware of that. All I meant was that they should find Patient Zero to see how they recovered so we all get back to living out freaking lives.

Again...That's not how the virus works. Tons of people have recovered already all around the world. Finding "Patient Zero" (which is impossible, btw) is irrelevant.

9 hours ago, nWo_Kevin said:

First, can we all agree that when you say "most cases of the virus out all countries"  it should have an asterisk? Clearly China is first but they have lied about everything  including the number of their people infected and have died from it.

Secondly,  I don't think its crazy or unfair to also (keyword) look at these  numbers by dividing by population size to show prevalence. As you an see in this chart: 

EViHeuuUYAEUBn2?format=jpg&name=small

It is quite bs because all that does is make US look better when it's not. We still have far more cases than any other country. But I'd love to see your sources on China having the most, given the few sources I checked up on say China isn't even top 2 anymore. 

2 hours ago, Motown Saint said:

I'm well aware of that. All I meant was that they should find Patient Zero to see how they recovered so we all get back to living out freaking lives.

But how do you know if the Patient Zero is still alive? And why them when we have plenty of people who beat the virus? 

Wishing your family a speedy recovery, Negative. 

How is it BS? It's not like the numbers are made up.  We should only look at charts that make the US look bad? Why not look at both to make a judgement?

Here's another one, similar to the other posted:

EVrbb5oXgAAG4rm?format=jpg&name=large

And do you really believe China didn't lie or hasn't lied? The US Intelligence seems to be saying otherwise:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-04-01/china-concealed-extent-of-virus-outbreak-u-s-intelligence-says

Because who the *Censored* cares about the population density or per capita or whatnot? The fact still is that countries are getting new cases every day and people are dying, and some countries like USA see the highest amount of cases and even death because of the leader's incompetence. Why does it matter if USA doesn't have the highest number? Shouldn't it matter that we need to stop the pandemic worldwide? I never said anything about looking at charts that make US look bad, so that says a lot about what you're looking at/for. 

Waiting for you to point out where I said China hasn't lied. 

5 hours ago, M3J said:

Because who the *Censored* cares about the population density or per capita or whatnot? The fact still is that countries are getting new cases every day and people are dying, and some countries like USA see the highest amount of cases and even death because of the leader's incompetence. Why does it matter if USA doesn't have the highest number? Shouldn't it matter that we need to stop the pandemic worldwide? I never said anything about looking at charts that make US look bad, so that says a lot about what you're looking at/for. 

Waiting for you to point out where I said China hasn't lied. 

"Who the *censored* cares if the U.S. has 1,000 people die out of 5,000,000 and Italy has 500 people die out of 1,000,000? U.S. bad.-M3J

Right, there's a lot of hurtful and idiotic comments being posted here. Can't we just help bring people up during these times? There's no use in pointing fingers, of acting like the apparent best scientist in the world. Just chill out.

And Doink. Quit trying to entice wars of words. Or you'll end up like Generations with a week gone from here.

Stay safe everyone.

Doctors are increasingly using placenta cells to treat COVID-19.  It apparently cuts down the inflammation which curves the body's immune system to over respond and damage the body.  Interesting stuff.

https://nypost.com/2020/04/13/could-stem-cells-from-a-babys-placenta-treat-covid-19/

https://www.jpost.com/health-science/israels-company-uses-placenta-cells-to-treat-critical-covid-19-patients-622960

Apparently, Mnuchin argued that Americans can live on $1,200. Proven to be an ignorant dumbass because Americans should get $2,000 per month, especially if we want to reduce the amount of new cases and beat the pandemic quickly.

Then you have Michigan and Ohioan citizens being idiots and getting together in public to protest the lockdown, making it even worse for people that just increases the length of lockdown if more people get sick. I don't know if it's related to wanting to work or because they need money, but if it's because of money then back to the original point. 

And apparently, Dr. Oz is talking about reopening schools and being okay with 2-3% of kids dying. Wtf yo? 

Archived