Coronavirus 2020 coverage thread

Ziggy Vercetti

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wayback machine/internet archive is showing that the US government is doing heavy edits to National Stockpile pages to re-word how long it will last and what purpose it is meant to serve. Original text said something along the lines of "the stockpile contains enough supplies to respond to any emergencies" and the edited version says something like "enough supplies to provide a short-term stopgap". Smh...

I don't care a great deal for Boris normally, but the fact that one of the most powerful men in the world has been admitted to intensive care has made it all the more real for me. It proves that literally no-one is safe from this. I hope he does pull through, a) to show that we can pull through, and b) that it'll give him much more appreciation for our fantastic health service which I'm proud to be a small part of

On 4/3/2020 at 5:49 PM, Generations said:

Young and healthy people are dying from this just the same as people with compromised health. We really don't have any set of clear guidelines as to who this virus is going to end up killing.

It probably has to do with genes more than anything else. 

They rather had a weak immune System due to a chronical disease or even Diabetes, Asthma and the like.

Had 3 cases around me from a 32 years female Police officer and Woman in her mid 20s and a Teenager that survived it.

All 3 said it was like the flu. The 32 years old said it was worse then that for her, the other two said that the flu is worse.

All 3 were healthy People Prior to that.

Some are even have it without having any Symptoms and they became immune to it after it is gone from their System.

Last month we had two males around 50 years old with heavy Symptoms in intensive care, both survived.

My colleague got it last month too and he ended up in intensive care for two weeks. He is 26 years old but heavily overweight and had Health Problems Prior to it already. 

I hope you guys are and will all stay safe and sound in the USA!  :)

Just to let people know, we won't stand for people wishing death upon masses like Generations did and he'll serve a week suspension for it. It's one thing to jokingly say something, and another to display borderline extremist views.

Cheers, and stay safe. 

I've had the most stressful 3 weeks of my life at work. Be kind to grocery & essentials store workers please, we have NO CLUE how to handle things just like everyone else, but we have to deal with a constant flux of people ignoring lockdown and safety regulations just because they want to buy a hot tub instead of food and medicine. Seriously, we had people waiting at the back of our store so they could get their hands on hot tubs right off the delivery truck. I almost got punched because I told someone they had to wait until they were put on shelves like everyone else.

I haven't been watching this thread and I'm sure most of you have common sense, but please be nice to key workers, because some of us are incredibly close to losing our minds and having panic attacks. We also don't get given gloves and masks for most of our shifts, because the gloves and masks we do get break within an hour and they run out after 1 day.

^ basically. Store workers have a lot more to deal with as they're in constant contact with people and in public places.

Also, Italy is apparently doing well enough that they feel comfortable opening up some businesses in few days or weeks. Forgot the specifics but if that's true, then that's awesome. 

57 minutes ago, M3J said:

^ basically. Store workers have a lot more to deal with as they're in constant contact with people and in public places.

Also, Italy is apparently doing well enough that they feel comfortable opening up some businesses in few days or weeks. Forgot the specifics but if that's true, then that's awesome. 

Plus more dumbasses than usual. We literally have a giant barricade in front of one of the exits that says that particular exit is closed. So of course people walk around this barricade and then wonder why the door won't open.

One of my friends mentioned that at the store she works at, someone who she knows tested positive came in to shop. They apparently believe that the virus is all a hoax by the government. Meanwhile, they're going around and endangering everyone else because of their own damn stupidity.

On 4/12/2020 at 11:43 AM, NegativeCreep said:

Death toll in the U.S. from the 'rona officially surpasses Italy... yikes.

Cherry picking.  We have a higher population than Italy.  Per capita, Italy has the highest.  Media has been doing this the entire time, cherry picking between gross and per capita to fit their narrative.

In other news,  the Elderly could be denied healthcare under NHS.

But, you know. Healthcare yada yada human right yada no death panels yada.

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8213613/Elderly-coronavirus-patients-denied-critical-care-NHS-score-system.html?ito=social-twitter_dailymailUK

18 hours ago, Doink! said:

Cherry picking.  We have a higher population than Italy.  Per capita, Italy has the highest.  Media has been doing this the entire time, cherry picking between gross and per capita to fit their narrative.

In other news,  the Elderly could be denied healthcare under NHS.

But, you know. Healthcare yada yada human right yada no death panels yada.

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8213613/Elderly-coronavirus-patients-denied-critical-care-NHS-score-system.html?ito=social-twitter_dailymailUK

it's not cherry picking. it's a fact. US have the highest number of deaths due to COVID-19. 

wow. this is a new low, even by your standards. Elderly may be denied ICU beds, because it is possible that they will have to scale priorities, same thing happened in Italy. This was always a fear that could happen. Borises government is and was criticized due to not reacting promptly, and mocking the whole situation. Because all over the world it was always they case to react in a concise way so the overload of the healthcare system would not happen. And it's a freaking tragedy that it is happening. But what are you doing? Trolling and mocking it. You are despicably gross. 

7 hours ago, AONO. said:

it's not cherry picking. it's a fact. US have the highest number of deaths due to COVID-19. 

wow. this is a new low, even by your standards. Elderly may be denied ICU beds, because it is possible that they will have to scale priorities, same thing happened in Italy. This was always a fear that could happen. Borises government is and was criticized due to not reacting promptly, and mocking the whole situation. Because all over the world it was always they case to react in a concise way so the overload of the healthcare system would not happen. And it's a freaking tragedy that it is happening. But what are you doing? Trolling and mocking it. You are despicably gross. 

I'm not mocking the elderly having no healthcare.  I think it is a tragedy. 

I AM mocking the notion of socialized medicine, healthcare is a human right, and no death panels under socialized medicine when that is exactly what is going on.  It is the main reason I do not want Republicans nor Democrats running my healthcare because the government cannot do anything efficiently.

"Cherry picking." lol

Doesn't change the fact that USA is seeing the most cases of the virus out of all countries, and the fact that the president *censored*ed this up as early as two or three years ago. The president also said he'd not do much or try to help out states whose governors criticized him, and you have the republicans who either said it was a hoax or are talking about how ridiculous the lockdown is and their attempt to end the lockdown.

Plus, if more countries had better aid in place like Canada ($2000 per month) or Italy (suspension of most, if not all, payments), then the cases probably wouldn't be as high as people wouldn't be forced to go to work to make ends meet. 

Archived