Coronavirus 2020 coverage thread

Ziggy Vercetti

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So apparently, Dems blocked coronavirus stimulus bill, stating that it wasn't enough of a relief for people and small businesses. Dunno if the reason is true, but I can believe that, and republicans using it to make it look like Dems are trying to hurt them. 

Super grateful that people like comedians and musicians are here to continue to give us content during all this. Probably already watched about three livestreams of concerts, and the talkshow hosts like Conan and Fallon have been doing a great job to lighten the mood.

he won't. he is just spouting moronic shit as before... as always. 

Barr, with having to listen to that crap, looked like he got stupider with every new sentence coming out of Trumps mouth. lmao
And at the same time incredibly sad and tired. 

Don't forget he fired the pandemic team his first year. 

You need at least a month in certain area's to get everything under control probably two for Cali, Florida and New York. 

I think about moving to Canada alot and this might be the nail in the coffin if they are even accepting people looking to leave the country.

Even with the imposed "shelter in place" measure that IL has taken recently, our jobs here were deemed "essential"... so yeah, being extra cautious here because I trust other people about as far as I can throw them.

Just read that Trump wants to start the country back up in "weeks, not months". If he does this shit, then he needs to be fully responsible for the countless people who will die. And that's not just some shit to say...I mean that shit quite literally. If he does this, then he needs to go on trial for the people he directly ends up killing. 

13 minutes ago, Generations said:

Just read that Trump wants to start the country back up in "weeks, not months". If he does this shit, then he needs to be fully responsible for the countless people who will die. And that's not just some shit to say...I mean that shit quite literally. If he does this, then he needs to go on trial for the people he directly ends up killing. 

Just coming in here to say this shit. I just woke up not too long ago and I’ve already seen more than enough people saying they would rather die and imply they’d rather thousands of people die than have the economy on pause for too long (a couple weeks). Batshit. Capitalism might the worst religion of em all. Instead of trying to correct this clearly flimsy ass economic system they’d rather urge people to die so that it’s upheld.

The usually mild defeatism of the establishment is now on full blast because even though we are seeing other countries rapidly overcome this, these *censored*ers are acting like they’re hands are tied and we just gotta take whatever comes and hope for the best.

Force Americans back to work, when you know that millions of them will get sick. Call the "war" on the virus a "victory" and say that everything is back to normal. Jack up prices on medical supplies and coverage. Bail out the big industries like airlines and cruise lines. Rack up the money as people who could have been healthy die in droves. Thanks, El Trumpo. Bang-up job, pal.

tbh, he can't just "start up the country", because if everythings should go back to normal a couple of weeks, at least 70% of the population would be infected. What he is saying, is just impossible. Besides the fact that the epidemic is nowhere near slowing down, nor nowhere near it's peak. And with his, or their, idiotic behaviour they are just prolonging the effects and consequences.

That's why I said he is just spouting moronic gibberish like always.

Our national security is going to be in a sorry state if the rest of the world recovers from this, and we don't, because we were too stupid to let it play out the way it should. Also, feel like you could have Americans becoming refugees and trying to flee to other countries...as hilariously ironic as that is, given how this administration has treated refugees from elsewhere.

Archived