Coronavirus 2020 coverage thread

Ziggy Vercetti

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My mom just got the mail, and she talked to the neighbor on the way back, and she told me he is one of the morons who doesn't believe it's a problem. 

She said his exact words were something like "I don't believe in it. It's all bullshit. They're gonna close everything down because 27 people are sick?"

For the love of god...I don't know where people are getting their dogshit statistics from (probably Fox news)...but they really need to stop.

People are out here being absolutely retarded. It's one thing if you want to be skeptical of what the virus is, where it came from, why it happened now...etc. I agree that these are shady times. BUT...it is here, and people need to stop being so stupid about it. How some dumbass could think the numbers are that low is beyond me. It actually pains my brain.

In the absence of anything resembling actual leadership from the president, I'm at least grateful that we have people like Mayor DeBlasio and Bernie Sanders to say the shit that needs to be said. Watching DeBlasio cut a promo on Trump that would put most pro wrestlers to shame was a nice treat this evening. 

So my uncle (who lives in another city) and was in the hospital two weeks ago for some surgery started having the symptoms and then was tested postive this morning. He is completely isolated in the hospital (they only go there for providing food, as the hospital staff is overwhelmed with the amount of people there/afraid of getting infected themselves), with no hope at all as he has heavy heart problems and asthma. Now we are trying to contact someone close there who can go to his house, get the phone and take it to the hospital so he can at least speak to his son, who lives in another country, before anything happens.

As my mother visited him when he was recovering from previous surgery and had physical contact, there is a high chance we are infected as well now , so yeah, now we just remain at home during quarentine, wondering what is going to happen to him and if we are going to start having symptoms soon. We live in a small city so you are not going to get tested here unless you get real sick, as there are not enough tests for everyone and most of them are being sent to big cities like Madrid, Barcelona, which have most cases, so obviously the real number of people with coronavirus is dramatically higher than you see in the media, most of them could be fine but they can still infect other people and this shit will keep expanding.

So that is the shitty situation we have here in Spain, and thatwill happen to a lot of people as the number of infectees will likely going to grow exponentially during the following days. Obviously, as some people said, most of the people dying have previous problems / are old (I don't fear for my life, but you never know if you have any undiscovered lung problem or any stuff like that) but that is already A LOT of people (family, friends) which will die in an awful situation (completely alone in an hospital bed) and not only that, as hospitals will be so overwhelmed that probably people with other health problems will have higher changes of dying as well due lack of staff/resources

3 Cities in Bavaria already on Lockdown in the meantime.

Our Employer started creating Certificate that would allow us to come to work in case our city goes on lockdown aswell and my life partners company did the same.

The main reasons for the lockdowns are because people are too ignorant and don't listen when they are told to prevent contact as much as possible.

They closed down all schools last week to prevent children from preventing each other and when I was on my way back home from work two days ago around 12 children from the neighborhood were playing outside together.

Well my City goes on Lockdown Tonight at midnight. We can still go to work, get groceries and stuff but under restrictions and only if it is a must.

Due to this I got a certificate from work that I have to have with me in case that Police officers would Approach me during their controls to ask why I'm outside.

Have 3 days home Office next week and 2 days directly at work. All of this only because several idiotic People just wouldn't listen to the advice they were given and would rather do "Corona Parties" laughting it off.

Ignorance at it's best. Oh well….

Trump still INTENTIONALLY calling this "the Chinese virus" in briefings. It's so intentional, to the point that it doesn't even sound right in a sentence. You can tell that he's going out of his way to use that as much as possible...even after he was directly called out for saying it. Smh. It honestly feels exactly the same as when they change someone's name in WWE, and then the commentary sounds forced to call someone "Murphy" instead of Buddy Murphy or whatever. I have 100% the same feeling right now. It's pissing me off tremendously.

On 3/19/2020 at 3:28 AM, Motown Saint said:

So, they shutdown every bar in my hometown, and the Doughnut place I could to makes you wait 10 minutes, and you have to he 6 feet away from someone.

They shutdown bars and liquor stores in my hometown as well. I currently work at a major supermarket chain (not Walmart) that has remained open but, with slight adjusted hours. I work there overnight when the store is closed so, I don't have to deal with customers anyway. This whole situation still sucks though.

So, the entire state of Illinois is in lockdown now. Apparently some people didn't get the memo that the city I live in has already been in lockdown since Tuesday, cause as soon as the statewide stuff got announced, the place I work was slammed hard with customers. Every checklane was backed up into the aisles, the parking lot was a *censored*ing shitshow, and people still cannot seem to read simple instructions about limits placed on certain purchases

7 minutes ago, Shadow Getsuga said:

So, the entire state of Illinois is in lockdown now. Apparently some people didn't get the memo that the city I live in has already been in lockdown since Tuesday, cause as soon as the statewide stuff got announced, the place I work was slammed hard with customers. Every checklane was backed up into the aisles, the parking lot was a *censored*ing shitshow, and people still cannot seem to read simple instructions about limits placed on certain purchases

I think people did get that memo and panic bought stuff as result. People are batshit crazy and selfish and self-centered, so things like this are normal. 

Blimey mate, I hope this doesn't happen to NJ. 

7 hours ago, Shadow Getsuga said:

Oh, they’ve been telling us to avoid people but remember we’re the same state that told people to vote and put people’s lives in danger because they refused to postpone the election.

4 minutes ago, M3J said:

It's FL that needs to really lock everything down and be harsh. 

NJ has more cases than Florida. The big three are New York, California, and Washington, and NJ is fourth...

That said, every single state in the country needs to be "harsh" right now. No exceptions.

3 hours ago, Generations said:

NJ has more cases than Florida. The big three are New York, California, and Washington, and NJ is fourth...

That said, every single state in the country needs to be "harsh" right now. No exceptions.

However, FL is seeing young adults on beaches having fun and shit instead of quarantining. Or was. 

Also: https://www.propublica.org/article/a-medical-worker-describes--terrifying-lung-failure-from-covid19-even-in-his-young-patients

Young people can be affected horribly by this as well. Makes me even more concerned for my parents and cousins who travel for work. 

23 hours ago, PaperThinWalls said:

Oh, they’ve been telling us to avoid people but remember we’re the same state that told people to vote and put people’s lives in danger because they refused to postpone the election.

True, and it makes me glad we voted early... it wasn't even close to being crowded at the time.

Had a feeling JB was going to put an order in effect ASAFP after the "lockdown" news from California went live. This is going to be odd, but I'm glad he did it.

Archived