Coronavirus 2020 coverage thread

Ziggy Vercetti

8 hours ago, Lunchbox said:

And thats what happens cause people can't just take two weeks off from going out for non-necessities. 

St. Patrick's Day, people still going to the beach, etc etc. This is why other countries don't respect us 

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparantly it's in Phenix City Alabama, which is an hour away from my town.

Ugh, we've got plenty of food here, and we have an underground stream of water, which I can use a purifier to get it fully clean. Trying to social distort myself and my dad as much as I can. Cant risk getting sick or mostly my dad. 

I have a dayjob at a Trader Joes, don't even know what to think about this one. A lot of people are pissed that a company that brags about how well it treats its employees can't back it up in a time like this. We're a small grocery store for a fairly niche (albeit loyal) audience of either millennial hipsters or suburban Karens, so to call us an "essential" service is kind of a joke. I'm sincerely hoping they close down soon, or only keep those who volunteer to stay, because I'm really not feeling good about going into work and dealing with so many people coming in, not knowing what their situation is. I have heard of some stores closing simply because the warehouses are running out of product, and I could see that hitting us very soon too.

34 minutes ago, Generations said:

Right now, the only anxiety I have...is that the mail/package delivery, or amazon in general are gonna stop. Don't you keep me from getting my Animal Crossing this week. I'll stab a bitch. Lol. 

Honestly, I think that’ll be one of if not the last things to go. People need deliveries for things like food & medicine, etc. 

2 hours ago, Counting Lights said:

We've run out of cart wipes and are running low on hand sanitizer too. It's not a fun place to be these days.

Well, you're *censored*ed. It was good knowing you, buddy. 

5 hours ago, King RyderFan said:

Honestly, I think that’ll be one of if not the last things to go. People need deliveries for things like food & medicine, etc. 

I don't think deliveries will go unless it gets too bad, as that could be a way to keep people in their homes, and it helps out the vulnerable.

8 hours ago, M3J said:

Why... car dealerships? 

Probably because people come in and put their filthy hands all over cars, then others come in and do the same...etc, etc.

Oh...and people are truly being idiots out there. My buddy has been out of work for months with a back problem. Remember that. So...he finally was able to go and get back surgery. He posted a photo of himself post-op, and someone actually reported the place he works to the health inspector and said that they were employing someone who was in the hospital with the virus. He had to post again and clarify that he had back surgery. And remember when I mentioned that he had been out of work for months? Yeah...he hasn't been anywhere near that place...in months. Someone legit just reported this place out of sheer stupidity. 

This gaddamn panic is almost giving me job security. I work part time preload UPS (bruh those boxes are always *censored*ing disgusting, there's nothing you can do about that and wearing gloves actually makes the job harder to me) and the numbers of sheeit going on some these trucks are on their way to peak season numbers. We don't really have the staff for it, especially drivers because they really need to split those loads so they don't have to bring the sheeit back end of day cause you're talking like 200 stops with some pretty heavy sheeit and union demands they take a full half hour break, but we're making it work. I've seen more TP and paper towels come down that belt than I may have seen my entire life XD.

And my hospitality job, nothing really changes for me even though they've cut staff hours, locked out the fitness room, denied fitness members access to the pool, tried to lock down about 70% of the rooms to reduce operational costs, and are converting the breakfast to boxes from the buffet set-up.

As far as I'm aware there are 4 confirmed cases in VT, one of which a man from NY was tested positive at the hospital my girl works at. He was supposedly sent back to his state for self-quarantine. We'll see how that goes. School board hasn't made a decision on shutting down and from the sounds of things all the F & B businesses haven't been regulated at all so it comes down to customer discretion whether or not they wanna be in a public space. Haven't seen stores too wiped out other than the paper product shelves at Wal-Mart and a serious hit to their cleaning supply shelves

How about some good news?

China has closed down its last coronavirus hospital. Not enough new cases to support them.

Doctors in India have been successful in treating Coronavirus. Combination of drugs used: Lopinavir, Retonovir,  Oseltamivir along with Chlorphenamine. They are going to suggest same medicine, globally.

Researchers of the Erasmus Medical Center claim to have found an antibody against coronavirus.

A 103-year-old Chinese grandmother has made a full recovery from COVID-19 after being treated for 6 days in Wuhan, China.

Apple reopens all 42 china stores,

Cleveland Clinic developed a COVID-19 test that gives results in hours, not days.

Good news from South Korea, where the number of new cases is declining.

Italy is hit hard, experts say, only because they have the oldest population in Europe.

Scientists in Israel likely to announce the development of a coronavirus vaccine.

3 Maryland coronavirus patients fully recovered; able to return to everyday life.

A network of Canadian scientists are making excellent progress in Covid-19 research. 

A San Diego biotech company is developing a Covid-19 vaccine in collaboration with Duke University and National University of Singapore.

Tulsa County's first positive COVID-19 case has recovered. This individual has had two negative tests, which is the indicator of recovery.

All 7 patients who were getting treated for at Safdarjung hospital in New Delhi have recovered.

Plasma from newly recovered patients from Covid -19 can treat others infected by Covid-19.

So it's not ALL bad news friends.  Let's care for each other and stay focused on safety of those most vunerable while continuing to make the best of our days. This too shall pass!

**If you google the above statements, they prove to be true**

Oops, I spoke too soon. My hotel is shutting down Thursday until the 7th I believe. Oh well.

Good to hear sheeit is getting better everywhere else because they actually have their sheeit together. Well see what happens from here

3 hours ago, Generations said:

Probably because people come in and put their filthy hands all over cars, then others come in and do the same...etc, etc.

Oh...and people are truly being idiots out there. My buddy has been out of work for months with a back problem. Remember that. So...he finally was able to go and get back surgery. He posted a photo of himself post-op, and someone actually reported the place he works to the health inspector and said that they were employing someone who was in the hospital with the virus. He had to post again and clarify that he had back surgery. And remember when I mentioned that he had been out of work for months? Yeah...he hasn't been anywhere near that place...in months. Someone legit just reported this place out of sheer stupidity. 

Which is why dealerships should be closed. Most likely, only the wealthy people would think of buying a car, while poor people are way too worried about their income. 

1 hour ago, M3J said:

Which is why dealerships should be closed. Most likely, only the wealthy people would think of buying a car, while poor people are way too worried about their income. 

Right, right...I misread that. Lol.

Anyway...we had a reported case in my local area just now. Like...the next town over. And they put out a thing saying that he had contact with no one, and the hospital staff was prepared for him. Like...that's all well and fine. I know they're trying to stop panic before it starts. But, let's be truthful about this...you can't be 100% sure that this dude had no contact just because that's what he said. And the hospital staff was still exposed to it, whether they end up actually contracting it or not. So...yeah. It's here. 

Archived