Coronavirus 2020 coverage thread

Ziggy Vercetti

26 minutes ago, Lunchbox said:

So the good news that's going unnoticed is Cuba found a antivirus against Corona and are collaborating with China and Venezula to fight the virus. Its apparently been around for 39 years, and in Canada they were able to isolate the virus strain which means they can more easily work on cures and vaccines. On top of that China just closed the last hosptial that was built to contain the virus because they went from 15,000 cases a day to 15 cases a week. 

If this is true then the Cubans are absolute bosses, and Canada are legends. Here in Britain our government is being complete and utter *censored*ing stupid knobhead dildos about the virus, I genuinely hope one of those two can bail us out.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It helps alot, the isolation of the strain can now be sent to labs all over the world for people to study and work on, the antivirus is just going to help mild the symptoms and help people get through but not fully cure it, just make it easier while the virus runs its course. Still massive news though.

58 minutes ago, Lunchbox said:

It helps alot, the isolation of the strain can now be sent to labs all over the world for people to study and work on, the antivirus is just going to help mild the symptoms and help people get through but not fully cure it, just make it easier while the virus runs its course. Still massive news though.

Agreed. Only downside though is if Corona decides to mutate. I just hope we can get it out before that happens.

You got a source? Can't find anything about that. Googling Cuba coronavirus just shows they got their first infected people today. 

3 hours ago, Lunchbox said:

So the good news that's going unnoticed is Cuba found a antivirus against Corona and are collaborating with China and Venezula to fight the virus. Its apparently been around for 39 years, and in Canada they were able to isolate the virus strain which means they can more easily work on cures and vaccines. On top of that China just closed the last hosptial that was built to contain the virus because they went from 15,000 cases a day to 15 cases a week. 

And in the meanwhile, UK is left holding their dick because Johnson wants to wait it out and have people build immunity, while our healthcare system/economic system sucks. I really hope insurance or pharmaceuticals don't charge an arm and a leg for the cure. 

15 minutes ago, Lunchbox said:

40 REPUBLICANS VOTED AGAINST THIS. 

Not surprised. But the bill should have free or much cheaper treatment and a way to make up for loss of income for small businesses and people because of the quarantine. If they can spend $1.5 trillion on useless things then they can spend it on this. Also, Trump canceled interest on student loans, apparently, which means full amount goes to the balance, none to interest. This does not help at all for most people, but he doesn't get shit done, so. 

It's crazy to me that people are still going out to restaurants, bars, and things of that nature. I mean...I get that people need to go to work, the bank, stores, etc...but why on earth would so many people still go to restaurants of all places? You're putting a lot of faith in that dishwasher...plus all of the people handling and preparing your food/drink.

Things got quite ugly here in Spain.  Actions came too late (Women's march took place last week, with thousands and thousands of persons together), and people from cities with most cases (Madrid) have been traveling all accross the country, thinking that quarantine means holidays. Now going out will probably be restricted unless you need first need elements like food, medicine, ...

St Patricks Day is probably gonna make things much worse here in the states. Can only imagine all the idiots who think a night of drunken debauchery is more important than preventing the spread of this. If we had before and after statistics, I'm sure you're about to see a spike.

7 hours ago, Generations said:

It's crazy to me that people are still going out to restaurants, bars, and things of that nature. I mean...I get that people need to go to work, the bank, stores, etc...but why on earth would so many people still go to restaurants of all places? You're putting a lot of faith in that dishwasher...plus all of the people handling and preparing your food/drink.

Yes I am, and I regret nothing.

Mainly because I try my best to be safe, and I know coffee places ensure that as well. However, I think a lot of places do have to make sure they're clean lest they get in trouble. 

4 hours ago, M3J said:

However, I think a lot of places do have to make sure they're clean lest they get in trouble. 

Oh...how delightfully naive you are. 

Just how often do you actually think the health inspector comes around? And have you ever worked in a kitchen before? Most of those places clean really well the day before an inspection, but let a lot slide the rest of the time. I've been in kitchens where it's like "Oops...the dishwasher is broken and there's no hot water. We'll just wash stuff in the pot sink with cold water and ton of sanitizer, and pretend that it's clean" Lol.

But...yeah, coffee isn't really what I'm talking about. Coffee places are probably fine.

I mean, like...actual restaurants and bars with proper dishes that need to be cleaned really well.

2 hours ago, Lunchbox said:

I think going to get coffee and going home isn't as bad as people hanging in once place for hours.

agreed, although my mom and I went to a temple as well. It was quite thankfully empty. 

2 hours ago, Generations said:

Oh...how delightfully naive you are. 

Just how often do you actually think the health inspector comes around? And have you ever worked in a kitchen before? Most of those places clean really well the day before an inspection, but let a lot slide the rest of the time. I've been in kitchens where it's like "Oops...the dishwasher is broken and there's no hot water. We'll just wash stuff in the pot sink with cold water and ton of sanitizer, and pretend that it's clean" Lol.

But...yeah, coffee isn't really what I'm talking about. Coffee places are probably fine.

I mean, like...actual restaurants and bars with proper dishes that need to be cleaned really well.

Methinks this case is different, as coronavirus is hyped up to be dangerous and stuff. I don't think they'd want to risk backlash after the hit their businesses are going to take from the quarantine.

My college (and a lot of UCs) moved the entirety of the next quarter (10 weeks) to online classes; 2-4 weeks would've been fine, kinda sucks that they had to make the entire quarter like that. It's the last quarter too for my friends that are seniors so this whole situation is shit. Probably for the best though, social distancing and all that.

Things are fine here in Vietnam, the government reacted quickly and cases haven't gone over triple figures yet (there's the chance this is due to a potential lack of testing or government silence, but I can't confirm either). Kinda annoying having to go back to the UK where the situation is unarguably worse.

This is Pretty much Germany Right now: 

?

In a more serious note, the borders to Germany has been closed as of yesterday aswell. Malta, Italy, Austria and many other countries did the same already, 

In Germany all Events that Held 100 People or more were cancelled, all types of Schools are shut down until the 20th April so far and all types of Events (Theater, Sports, Music and other) are cancelled.

Hospitals, Olds Homes and other similar facilities can't be visited anymore. The only People allowed to go in are personal that works there like doctors, nurses, IT and such.

Many People are working in home Office already. I will still be at work tomorrow until they tell us otherwise though.

On the other side I wouldn't mind to be sent home and be payed for staying at home cause it would give me the time to watch all the movies and Play all the games I don't have the time for normally. :P

The only Thing that mainly annoys me all the exxagerations in the media and all the so called "experts" that became experts overnight out of informations they found themselves on the Internet and whereelse cause these are the real danger out there since many followers of them might believe them and take their advice on doing something stupid in the process.

Of Course also the People that run at the markets and buy everything like lunatics.

Archived