Official Elimination Chamber Discussion Thread

Jeb ★

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Bushy. said:

I thought the match started off pretty good too with even Sarah Logan’s lame ass doing something cool for once. But the placement of the entrants, the timing, all bad IMO. 

Pretty much my thoughts, barring the bit about Sarah being lame. The match started out pretty good, but Shayna’s dominance killed any sort of pace or flow it had, especially when they had her all alone not once, but twice. So...much...standing around. Honestly, they shoulda pulled what they did at the Rumble and had her enter last and clear the ring.

holy shit we can @ people now? fire. all we need is a like or thumbs up function and i’ll ask for nothing else.

anyway, that Gulak/Bryan match was so damn good. Bryan is a mastermind. i’m 100% positive Bryan decided on-the-fly to kill himself on that german suplex just so his victory would be that much sweeter. i see a lot of people thought it was a botch and that he was trying to flip onto his feet or that Gulak just launched him too hard but i noticed that he adjusted the way he was standing literally right before Gulak lifted him which caused the trajectory and shit to change to where he had no choice but to land on his neck. i remember after cringing i thought “holy *Censored* how did he know to do that to get the exact bump he wanted?”. of course i could be wrong and it actually was a botch but i don’t think so.

Shanya should have entered the EC second to last with Asuka entering last. You could have had Shanya wreck everyone while Asuka waited to come in so there was no awkward moment of Shanya standing around doing nothing. Plus you could have had the Riot Squad work through their shit too since Riot and Liz didn't even get to face off in the match despite that being part of the build. The whole thing was booked like crap.

I had no real problem with the layout. The faster they eliminated the disposable people, the better. For me, the problem was the action. It was so flat and cold. I wish Shayna played off the crowd better and intensified her work.

Damn, if only the TV promos were more like those Bryan/Gulak interviews. When will they learn the scripted shit does not work?

So yeah, I watched this show. It was pretty lame.

Bryan vs Gulak was solid, but the crowd not giving a shit made it hard to get really into it.

Andrade vs Humberto was fun.

Tag Chamber was weird.  I was questioning the storytelling of the match as a whole, like, Tucker getting killed by Ziggles and Roode so easy after Otis nuked himself felt like a major letdown. Also if I'm understanding right, the match made no storyline sense and happened just to happen? Kinda hate they devalued one of my favorite matches this badly. Oh, but Lince's Shooting Star was nuts.

Black vs AJ was so disappointing. Maybe I'm just spoiled by NXT and AEW, but I expected a crazy match and this was just....bang average. Honestly, this match was like half the reason I even wanted to watch this damn PPV.

Skipped Profits vs Rollins Cult because I wanted to finish the show before work.

The handicap wasn't exactly good, but SAMI F'N ZAYN IS CHAMPION AND THAT MAKES THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE.

Womens Chamber was....not good. I fully expected us to start with Liv vs Ruby, then Logan to jump in. Instead we get 5 minutes of Natalya shouting "YOU LIKE THAT? HUH? HUH?!" Like, god damn, that woman is so incredibly cringey. And then Shayna destroying everyone....meh. They did this with Braun so much better a few years ago. Shayna, again, made the Chamber itself feel obsolete. And the showdown with her and Asuka wasn't super great either.

My biggest takeaway is that the Chamber has officially lost its aura. It's just another match type now, just like Hell in a Cell, and it's a damn shame.

Archived