Official WWE Super Showdown 2020 Discussion Thread

Jmerc

Cause there are people there who are more talented who deserve that spot over a subpar MMA fighter who has no real interest in wrestling.

Like at this point im even tired of Heyman's deal cause hes run out of shit to say.

People complained about Cena being the same old shit, Lesnar is legit the same old shit.

The guy is incredibly talented. His selling... his reactions... his attention to detail are second to none.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cause there are people there who are more talented who deserve that spot over a subpar MMA fighter who has no real interest in wrestling.

Like at this point im even tired of Heyman's deal cause hes run out of shit to say.

People complained about Cena being the same old shit, Lesnar is legit the same old shit.

The guy is incredibly talented. His selling... his reactions... his attention to detail are second to none.

I mean its not that hard when your only gonna be working 8 minutes a month.

Too bad it doesn't work like that.

Brock is the only one who should be champion right now. Like Drew shouldnt even beat him. The person who should beat him hasnt presented themself yet. Thats nobodys fault. Its a problem, though. Theyre gonna force Drew into that role and my fear is its gonna flop like it did in NXT.

Are you just trolling now?

Brock is the only one who should be champion right now. Like Drew shouldnt even beat him. The person who should beat him hasnt presented themself yet. Thats nobodys fault. Its a problem, though. Theyre gonna force Drew into that role and my fear is its gonna flop like it did in NXT.

Ooh, you've lost me there. lol I think Drew should do it if booked properly.

Too bad it doesn't work like that.

Which is all everybody has been saying.

"fantastic" is still an exaggeration.

Lesnars booking is literally the same it ever was since he won the WWE championship years ago. "Squash matches", and a fun match with best wrestlers in the world here and there. And tbh, I never had even a problem with "squash matches" that much. But his booking formula is always the damn same. That is a fact.

I liked Brock on screen as in his image and possible performance, sure, but not anymore, not as champ. I don't even hate it, I just don't watch it and I'm numb to it. Also one of the reasons why I have 0 interest in Drew vs Brock.

No, not a fact. I don't recall any of his feuds in recent memory being as story-driven and dramatic as the whole Rey saga. So that wasn't the same. And his Rumble match was something we've never seen before -- so that's new, too.

The general formula is the same.

A shocking victory (Kofi), that Velasquez Saudi Arabia stuff nobody cared about, Rey feud... right, it had "drama" because it involved Dominic. there wasn't anything special about it, and in the end it was just another filler feud. then...*crickets*... and the Royal Rumble, another Vinces brilliant idea, because he is running out of things for Lesnar...just let him throw out 15 people before Drew comes for a shocking elimination and, boom "instant star" for a big match at Wrestlemania. But before that another squash match against and up and coming star.

Oh and that Drew shock will bite him back in the ass, you can see that the hype has already died down.

Overall, yes, maybe some details are different, but overall the general formula is the same as it ever was. Like I've said, I can respect his work, that's not the issue with me, but the general booking formula is the same. You want to make it more dramatic? Fine, then Rey should have gotten a go at the title run.. or something. But, because you know he has to lose it at Wrestlemania.

Ooh, you've lost me there. lol I think Drew should do if booked properly.

People just want Brock to lose to someone more than they want Drew to win

Huh? He's good at selling and such because it comes natural to him, not because of his work-schedule.

Yeah. But so does Ricochet. So it clearly isn't enough.

Good selling is not something you should need to praise your top champion for. That should be a minimum requirement. Especially on a roster of such a caliber.

Huh? He's good at selling and such because it comes natural to him, not because of his work-schedule.

Yeah. But so does Ricochet. So it clearly isn't enough.

Good selling is not something you should need to praise your top champion for. That should be a minimum requirement. Especially on a roster of such a caliber.

Ricochet is not in the same league as Lesnar at selling. Not even close. But tbf, not many people are.

No, incredible selling is something your top champ should be praised for. It's a lost art. More should strive to be at Lesnar's level.

If good selling is enough Ziggler would be the world greatest.

Ziggler is a great seller but WWE *censored*ed up his booking as they tend to do.

And no one is saying selling is all that is needed to be great. All I did was single out Lesnar's ability at selling as something he's very talented at.

I don't get why they always put the belt on these shitty "dream matches" though. The belt could (and should) be defended by the top names on the current brand. You really don't need to have the belt involved if you're doing something like Goldberg vs Cena or Lesnar vs whoever. Those are already "special attraction" matches. Makes no sense to me. But...*shrug*

• Jmerc unpinned this topic

Archived