Official WrestleMania 36 Discussion Thread

Jeb ★

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, LEGION said:

Because they will add 10 more matches in the next few weeks and the most promising matches will get 15 minutes tops, while matches like AJ/Taker and Roman/Goldberg will go 30 minutes (including entrances) and inevitably end up with us getting reports that apparently they were injured/concussed 2 minutes into the match or something.

Yeah....I don’t overthink wrestling that much anymore. I doubt that’s happening but I’m going to enjoy it for what it is. It’s still WrestleMania. Once the day comes we’re all going to be online, chatting or with friends and etc hyped up. Like before social media and forums how did we even complain about shit? It’s just wrestling. I legit watch so much of it from WWE to AEW and NJPW that I can’t bring myself to care about it how I used to. Someone doesn’t get pushed? Ok. They want to add more random matches to fill? Ok. Whether I’ve settled or genuinely just care about the wrestling love I have, I really don’t care about trivial shit anymore. WrestleMania imo is going to deliver though. 

24 minutes ago, A.O.L. said:

Yeah....I don’t overthink wrestling that much anymore. I doubt that’s happening but I’m going to enjoy it for what it is. It’s still WrestleMania. Once the day comes we’re all going to be online, chatting or with friends and etc hyped up. Like before social media and forums how did we even complain about shit? It’s just wrestling. I legit watch so much of it from WWE to AEW and NJPW that I can’t bring myself to care about it how I used to. Someone doesn’t get pushed? Ok. They want to add more random matches to fill? Ok. Whether I’ve settled or genuinely just care about the wrestling love I have, I really don’t care about trivial shit anymore. WrestleMania imo is going to deliver though. 

Trival shit like "joy" and "happiness" and "passion" lol

3 hours ago, LEGION said:

No. But feeling these emotions for a hobby shouldn't be a foreign concept

It shouldn’t, I just personally can’t relate anymore. My emotions are usually reversed for the 5 star matches or storyline. But getting mad about not seeing certain people get pushed anymore or etc I can’t bring myself to care that much about anymore. Doesn’t mean I take anything away from how others deal with it. 

3 hours ago, Crazy. said:

The very reason you follow literally anything is because it gives you joy, in one way or the other. What's so weird about that?

Again, not weird. I just can’t relate to it. Meaning I don’t get upset when Brock wins or doesn’t deliver as people say. Or if Roman or Ziggler or any other performer isn’t winning as much or losing as much. I’ve decided I’ll just enjoy the product for what it is. Meaning no more complaining about someone’s position with the company or some horrible storyline. Some train wrecks are actually funny to watch. I also watch WWE heavily heavily under the influence so maybe I’m always too spaced out to not laugh at even the stupid shit they do. I just don’t take it to heart like I would one of my favorite tv dramas or something. And while WWE is a soap opera to the core now, I still don’t get as invested in regards to being angry or upset. I tend to only critique someone’s mic skills, which is playing their role better as face or heel. It doesn’t go beyond that for me. I promise I’m knocking anyone’s feelings or anything. 

Read on Twitter that the City of Tampa and everyone involved will have a meeting tomorrow regarding wrestlemania and the Corona virus affect.

I can't Imagine the city leaders and doctors would want 80000 people gathered at one stadium..

Credit:pwi 

Hillsborough County Commissioner Les Miller, who earlier this week told the masses at a press conference on Thursday that he was under the impression that WWE had a press conference of their own that same day to announce the status of WrestleMania, only to later find out that didn't happen, was quoted as saying, “I’m hoping that Vince McMahon and WrestleMania and WWE make the call themselves but a week from now, if they've not done that and we’re still in the situation we're in, we'll probably have to pull the plug on that."

FOX cited this statement from WWE: “While we remain committed to hosting WrestleMania at Raymond James Stadium on Sunday, April 5, we are putting contingency plans in place in the event that it is canceled by government officials, civil authorities and/or local venues.”

If that, and the fact that WWE had to run Smackdown in Florida in front of exactly zero fans wasn't enough to make you think that the show wasn't going to go on as planned, Hillsborough County Sheriff Chad Chronister stated, “I commend every sports franchise for erring on the side of caution. I hope the WWE follows suit. I don’t ever want to see people put profit over public safety.”

So at this point, all signs point to WrestleMania being, at best, postponed.  It's just a matter of whether Vince McMahon or Hillsborough Country will be the one to make the call.

Archived