Official WrestleMania 36 Discussion Thread

Jeb ★

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
With fans from more than 60 countries expected to make the trip to the United States for WrestleMania 36 Week in April, WWE officials say they are ready for the global coronavirus epidemic as we get closer to The Grandest Stage of Them All in Tampa, Florida.

The Tampa Bay Times spoke with WWE Chief Brand Officer Stephanie McMahon and WWE Executive Vice President of Special Events John Saboor at the WrestleMania 36 Luncheon held at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa on Thursday, and asked if the company is ready for the coronavirus.

“The health and safety of not only our fan base, but also our superstars, really does come first,” Stephanie said. “We don’t want to put anyone in a bad situation ever, regardless of the circumstance. Those are not risks worth taking.”

Saboor confirmed that the company is monitoring what’s going on, and discussing potential plans.

“Given the number of live events that (WWE) does, it’s constantly monitoring global events,” Saboor said. “There are active and ongoing discussions at play internally, like there are in any sector of American business, and certainly families as a whole. So I think those will continue.”

Furthermore, Rob Higgins, the Executive Director of the Tampa Bay Sports Commission, said his group is working with the Hillsborough County Aviation Authority and the Tampa International Airport to ensure the safety of fans in the weeks leading up to WrestleMania 36 Week.

“You’ve got to be nimble, and you’ve got to be ready,” Higgins said. “Thirty-six days is a long time, so it’s hard to predict. I think we just continue to information gather as much as possible, so that we are as prepared as possible.”

Stephanie added to that, “And if necessary, enact those measures.”

Saboor said WWE is focusing on “refining the blueprint to welcome the world to Tampa Bay.”

“We’re spending a lot of time in the last 36 days messaging fans who are coming, talking about the attributes of not only what WrestleMania week has to offer, but what Tampa Bay as a destination has to offer,” he added.

Goldberg/Reigns will be a 4 minute spear competiton. Goldberg can't go anymore! The bloke was gassed out after 3 spears at SSD.

The fact WWE continue to rely on past superstars erks me, but just shows they can no longer make stars like Rock/Austin/Cena and have faith in them to carry the company.

Overall Im happy with everything tbh. Reigns beating Goldberg will go over a hell of a lot of more than it would if he was the one to beat The Fiend, given, well, the toxic fans. Also, Fiend vs Cena doesnt even need a title. His whole character is about going after people who have wronged him. What better person to go after than the man who wronged him the most? Its honestly brilliant. I also Believe The Fiend will win. Fiend beating Cena>him losing the title to Roman at Mania. Goldberg is just a placeholder and Im not even mad at it. Brock is going to make Drew look like a star in the end. Its all coming together. Sometimes when you step outside of what YOU as a fan personally want, shit isnt even that bad. It really isnt.

Goldberg/Reigns will be a 4 minute spear competiton. Goldberg can't go anymore! The bloke was gassed out after 3 spears at SSD.

The fact WWE continue to rely on past superstars erks me, but just shows they can no longer make stars like Rock/Austin/Cena and have faith in them to carry the company.

They do have the ability but when its time to pull the trigger they get gun shy.

Think the Miz last year, dude was building up a ton of steam towards Mania as a face for probably the first time in his career then they just constantly jobbed him out to Shane. Kevin Owens is another one, dude was a MASSIVE heel after his turn on Jericho and the he ends up jobbing to Goldberg and falling to the side.

On 2/28/2020 at 8:15 PM, Lunchbox said:

Man this mania looking to be a stinker for sure.

I don’t see that at all tbh. It’s not perfect by any means, but it being my first Mania I’m pretty excited. I just want to see how the rest of the undercard shapes out. Hopefully Drew & Lesnar close. 

Reigns and Goldberg would be awesome before the main event going like 5-7 minutes. But we know they usually don’t book cards like that. 

Reigns and Oldberg are main eventing lol. Vince wants his fantasy to be fulfilled after all. Though it should be McIntyre vs Lesnar that main events, seeing as Drew EARNED his title shot, unlike Roman who was handed it.

But I don't think Mania will be a stinker, hoping we get a good crowd and that WWE go all out.

1 hour ago, A.O.L. said:

Not sure why all the complaints for the card tbh.....solid imo.

Because they will add 10 more matches in the next few weeks and the most promising matches will get 15 minutes tops, while matches like AJ/Taker and Roman/Goldberg will go 30 minutes (including entrances) and inevitably end up with us getting reports that apparently they were injured/concussed 2 minutes into the match or something.

Archived