Official WrestleMania 36 Discussion Thread

Jeb ★

14 minutes ago, JokerVenom said:

Personally i thought Brock was brilliant in the Rumble match. It actual showed a story and he made Drew look amazing. Pretty sure Drew has spoken about how Brock helped with ideas and putting the Rumble match together.

Same. 

It was one of the most enjoyable Rumbles in history. Told a story all the way through. No filler just for the sake of filler. I enjoyed it a lot. Especially since I knew Brock wasn't going to win, and took enjoyment in all my friends bitching in the group chat every time he'd eliminate someone. I'd say "just wait for the payoff...the payoff is coming". And they kept telling me I was wrong right up till it happened. Lol. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So apparently Edge/Orton was the longest Mania match ever behind the Shawn/Bret Ironman match. Crazy. I think they could've cut 10-15 minutes out of it personally.

It wasn't necessarily too long...but, it was too long without much happening. And the dead silence aside from grunts and groans made it feel even longer. 

Really a damn shame. Had all the potential to be one of the better matches on the card if they just produced it right.

I kinda felt like it was a no-brainer to have them battle outside, around the parking lot...whatever. And I said it a few times...but, a spear through a window or something would have gone a long way. I mean...just looking at a quick picture of the outside of the performance center, you have those windows on the left part there. You could have used sugar glass...cut it in a way that they went through the top window on the left, landed on a crash pad, then cut it again to them laying on the roof of a car or something. Could have even used stunt people if they didn't feel safe. This match really needed that moment where Edge showed total disregard for his own well being, and almost killed Orton...and the con-chair-to didn't take that feeling far enough, IMO.

wweperformancecenter2-e1373595712746.jpg

12 hours ago, Generations said:

I really hope they do a whole network special on Mania 36, and unveil what it was supposed to be. Concept art for the arena, actual set-pieces that didn't get used, entrance concepts, matches that got cut.

I feel like it would be great closure to show all of that. 

Unless they're literally gonna save it all and give Tampa Mania 38. In which case...again, I wish they pulled the pirate theme for this year's show. Because no one wants two pirate themed Manias.

Me and my pirate hook tattoo disagree.

I was thinking about that though. I think the right move here would be to hold on to all the ideas they had for the set and theme and come back to it in maybe 5 years or so. Hell, even promote it as a redemption of that theme or something.

It's been in some interviews for a while as far as I remember. I recollect reading that he wants to tone it down, but that they have a feud or him for Wrestlemania that he is really excited about, and that after that he will lighten his schedule a lot. Maybe he isn't going to be part time, like for only a few matches year... but probably won't have a full on TV and tour schedule. All that, before retiring completely from the ring. He also said that this is his last contract, which supposedly ends in 2024, since he signed an extension in November.  

3 hours ago, dje_wba said:

On the subject of being unable to fly back, it appears that she may actually still be in the US due to that very reason, despite her visa having expired.

Trump will throw her in an immigration camp, where she'll catch Covid and die. 

Just kidding...(mostly).

Archived