Official WrestleMania 36 Discussion Thread

Jeb ★

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sitting awake at night, chuckling to myself about how WWE stuffed that massive Mania sign into the performance center and then had Owens fly off it like a middle finger to the virus itself. Hahaha. That *censored*ing sign looked so out of place, and I love it. Lol.

Okay night 1 of 'Mania. Thank God they had Corbin/Elias as the second match because brudda that would have sucked the life out of the show if it was somewhere in the middle. Corbin *censored*ing sucks man. I just can't bring myself to care about anything he's involved in. He blows.

The ladder match was MOTN for me. Boneyard match was just so wacky it was awesome. I'm so, so happy they finally went with ABA 'Taker and gave the deadman a rest (no pun intended). But I think it was a one night thing and he'll be back to beinf the deadman the next time he shows up, whenever that is.

I was ready to shadowbox when Rollins/Owens ended in a DQ but thank god they restarted it. Solid match as I expected with the right winner. This better be the end of their feud now because it has honestly ran its course.

Having Goldberg/Strowman basically be a 2-minute  squash and not allow Goldberg to ruin the show was the correct decision. I'm glad Strowman finally has the gold even though it's 3 years too late. Let's hope he holds on to it now and isn't just a placeholder until Reigns takes the belt

Becky/Baszler had the potential to be something special but that ending was retarded as hell. Seriously... you build Shayna up to be this unstoppable force and that's how she loses?

Bryan/Zayn... two of the best wrestlers around and you give them absolutely nothing to work with and an ending that was super dumb. Bryan and Gulak being outnumbered wasn't a factor when Bryan beat Cesaro and Gulak beat Nakamura but it was suddenly the reason that Bryan couldn't beat Zayn after dominating him. Way to go, WWE. What an absolute waste of what could have been a clinic.

Just hope tonight is more than just 3 solid matches on the show. It certainly should be. And the placement needs to be right too because Black/Lashley and the Smackdown Women's Championship are absolute wastes that no one cares about. Otis/Ziggler too.

And Lesnar... that shit *Censored* needs to lose.

Just finished night one.

Some good, some not great. The first couple matches, all I could think about was how quiet it was. Like, it REALLY distracted me, and I kept thinking about how bad I felt for people like Gulak, Kairi, Nikki, etc who are getting their first Mania matches/entrances and it's in a tiny venue with nobody around. When I picked up this morning though (around the ladder match) the wrestling itself got so good that I stopped noticing the lack of an audience (maybe also helped that I was watching on my computer at that point, while the first half was on my TV with surround sound, which made it feel more empty?). The constant smack talk got annoying too.

That said, I think the matches were really good for the most part, and it was clear that every single person was busting their ass to make sure this Mania was still special. And they were all longer than a usual Mania! I think splitting WrestleMania into two nights was a great move, and honestly, one I'd like to see them do regularly going forward. 

Gulak vs Cesaro was short but sweet, AND THE UFO!!! Crowd would've LOST IT for that.

Kabuki's vs BlissCross was pretty good, but IMO the wrong team won. You really gonna book the Pirate Princess to lose at PirateMania? C'mon.

Elias vs Corbin was actually alright, except for the roll up finish.

Becky vs Shayna was good. Nothing overly special, but good. Surprised Shayna lost.

IC title match was a stinker, and I'm so bummed out by that. When I think Zayn vs Bryan, I think potential MotN, not Zayn getting shat on all match and winning with one move. Can Sami just not go anymore after those injuries? Or is he taking the heel approach of "I'm gonna not wrestle because then people might cheer me"? Either way, this was pretty bad, and it kills me to say it.

Ladder match was SICK. JoMo stole the show, and the finish was super creative.

KO vs Seth was cool. I'm not sure I liked the halfway restart, but that huge elbow drop was awesome.

Goldberg is a joke. A huge joke. Glad Strowman made him look like a chump. Also, I know he's on most peoples shit lists for what he said (and deservedly so) but it's so nice finally seeing Braun with the title he should've won years ago.

Boneyard match was a lot of fun. I wouldn't wanna see this regularly, but as a one off I loved it. Great way to hide all of Undertaker's weaknesses, and the dude looked like a mega-villain with how he toyed with AJ at the end.

People are really underrating the Bryan/Zayn match. Aside from the iffy finish, that match was fantastically worked. It seems people can't get past Zayn working a different way than we're used to. Which is a shame to me because he plays the loudmouth, full-of-himself chickenshit heel so damn well. Both this match and the Owens/Rollins match did the best job at working this new, unusual environment. They told their stories so skillfully that the lack of crowd was barely a hinder. These two matches were my favorite matches of the night and imo were better than the two gimmick matches that nearly everyone is going gaga over.

I think Sami is still great and can still go, but you won't get 5 star matches from heel Sami. He isn't there to be flashy right now, he is completely character driven.

Oh...what could have been.

Wonder if he would have jumped off the front section of the bow, or actually gone all the way up to the crow's nest. 

About Bryan/Zayn...I thought it was a fun match watching it initially. Not sure why anyone would have disliked it. Sami is a hilarious chickenshit heel.

I was laughing out loud at him crying during the match.

I want the Edge/Orton LMS match to be shot similarly to the Boneyard match. Not with so much post-production music and absurd antics...but definitely a cinematic style with some good cuts to allow for crazy spots. Hoping they brawl outside, and Edge spears Orton through a second story window or something. Lol.

roof.png.206cd0d17d12e5a48741baba65abd265.png

I don't know if originally AJ vs Taker was supposed to be a gimmick match of some kind, but I think this version of Taker would appear anyway. I think people are underestimating in how good their match would be in normal circumstances. While it seemed like a random matchup, AJ is one of, if not the safest worker in WWE, and can bring out a lot out of you. I think they would have a great classic/brawl kind of match.

I would put my money on Styles vs Edge at Summerslam. But I'm still 50-50 between him and Seth. He will probably wrestle both though. 

Shame AJ will go part time after this, you really forget about his age. 

2 hours ago, PaperThinWalls said:

People are really underrating the Bryan/Zayn match. Aside from the iffy finish, that match was fantastically worked. It seems people can't get past Zayn working a different way than we're used to. Which is a shame to me because he plays the loudmouth, full-of-himself chickenshit heel so damn well. Both this match and the Owens/Rollins match did the best job at working this new, unusual environment. They told their stories so skillfully that the lack of crowd was barely a hinder. These two matches were my favorite matches of the night and imo were better than the two gimmick matches that nearly everyone is going gaga over.

completely agree, except for the Zayn vs Bryan. They could have done so much more than they did, even with Zayn not "wrestling" like he did before, that's not really much of an issue for me.  

5 minutes ago, HeLLBlaZer#14 said:

I'm sure if there was a crowd,Undertker/Style would have been a regular match

It would have been.

And as great as AJ is...he still wouldn't have been able to cover up all of Taker's weaknesses.

What we got last night was far and away better than any real match would have been. That's not to say that Taker and Styles couldn't do something good in the ring as well. I'm sure they could put something pretty good together. But, not as good as last night. Being shot over the span of 8 hours really helped Taker maintain his breathing, his sweating, take time to slow down, etc. Any time that you have Taker in a real match from this point on (even if his opponent is a legend like Styles), you aren't going to get anything close to that.

It's time. Time to keep on rollin', baby. ?

Rewatched the Boneyard match and I thought it just needed a little something at the end. Before Taker booted AJ to hell, AJ should've said something cheesy or called him a bitch before Taker turned back around. Would've changed that ending from flat to amazing imo.

Archived