Official WWE 2K20 Discussion Thread II

Jeb ★

Seen that the game was a topic discussed at the wwe financial meeting (whatever its called). Glad to see that with reporting the game did poorly in sales, they admitted It was due to the quality of the game. Hopefully they work on getting the game back on track. Other flaws aside, Im a big fan of expanding creativity in the game but I really hate that 2k20 went so outside the box and left its traditional content behind for over the top fantasy shit. All the dlc stuff to me feels so redundant and obviously a way to cut cost instead of paying legends or new talent money for dlc

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am so goddamn tired of the AI spamming running attacks. That shit is one of the reasons I avoid playing online for christs sake.

Oh god, memories of those baggy pants/hoody noobs spamming the glitched Triple H knee...that was the most spammed move in SVR 2010 (or was it 11?) Either way, that shit was god annoying!

2K have a shitload of work to do for 2K21!

I am so goddamn tired of the AI spamming running attacks. That shit is one of the reasons I avoid playing online for christs sake.

Oh god, memories of those baggy pants/hoody noobs spamming the glitched Triple H knee...that was the most spammed move in SVR 2010 (or was it 11?) Either way, that shit was god annoying!

That was annoying but it wasnt as bad as Spike's Headbutt.

That was annoying but it wasnt as bad as Spike's Headbutt.

Spike headbutt/Back roll combo. Yeah, that sucked too.

I held off but managed to get the Deluxe Edition for £20 last night and thought Id give it a go. (On PC) First, as it was a big download, I thought Id try it on Geforce Now. It crashes constantly. You have to turn off replays or itll crash.

On my aging PC though (GTX1070 and i7 4790 with 24gb ram) the game is running pretty much fine. No crashes except if I copy elbow pads in the creation suite. The new lighting system has done wonders for the graphics I think. Im also loving the faster and smoother gameplay. It feels more like a WWE match and the commentary has improved so much too. Have fixed some entrance musics without any problems too.

It seems that newer hardware (which is what is on Geforce Now) doesnt play nice with this game, whereas older hardware seems to get on ok. My frame rates are even more stable and higher than they were on 2K19 too.

This then made me think. Those of you on consoles that experience crashing, are you playing on PS4 Pro/X1X or launch hardware? If playing on Pro, do you have boost mode turned on? Maybe turning it off will help alleviate them a bit. Worth a try.

This obviously wont fix issues with the creation suite but it at least gives you a more playable game if that isnt as important to you.

I'm personally playing on the ps4s slim redesign. No boost mode, and frankly I think the game should always be designed to work fine on the base consoles first and foremost.

Yep, it should. My thinking was that maybe it was more compatible with base hardware than the newer models. (Which is why I was thinking if turning off boost mode would help).

Obviously thats not true now however. I know with newer hardware on PC, the game is a dumpster fire for crashing.

I hope 2K get their shit together for 2K21. Will be interesting what this supposed statement is going to be that the Take Two CEO mentioned. (Assuming it is a statement they are making)

https://www.dualshockers.com/wwe-2k20-sales-disappointing/

Hopefully its "we *censored*ed up, we're sorry, and we're going to fire the dipshit who forced these stupid fantasy DLCs into the game".

That shit better not return next year. Im ok with fantasy scenarios, but it should be in the form of what if scenarios with dream matches from a past wrestler with a current. None of this kiddy crap with zombies.

While theyre fixing the game too, they need to remove that garbage big dog like animation when activating a certain payback (I forget the name now). They strive for realism during matches but I dont remember seeing a wrestler roar and have red lines swirling around them. Ridiculous.

Those fantasy DLCs were *censored*ing awful. I had no desire to boot up the game to play 'em. And don't get me started on the bullshit to unlock The Fiend! I tried, and the A.I spamming the 'no reversal' buff was *censored*ing terrible. Yes it was.

It's going to take a lot to win me over this year. And I mean A LOT.

Have played the game for a week now. Gotta say I love it. I haven't got any crash, maybe because I only play exhibition, showcase, and 2k original.

Download some content on CC with no issue. But I do have some textures missing on King Corbin attire.

About the 2k Original, I think I like it. It's a little bit difficult, it's pretty challenging. Yeah it could be better, but I love the idea.

I don't know guys, but I really love this game. Maybe because I've never played 2k19 or any last game before. And maybe because I don't spend most time on Creation Suite.

I haven't tried universe mode. If it works fine with just some minor glitches, it's gonna be my most play game.

It's an ok game to play but they have screwed the creators (still haven't fixed the issue with the texture moving with structure during inital overlay which makes doing Dijakovic more of a pain) and the fact that you NEED to play the DLCs to get their unlockables when most people are just buying them to get The Fiend basically.

I imagine there are four possible "announcements":

1. WWE2K21 will be released after WrestleMania next year (better for a released on next gen too).

2. WWE2K21 won't be released until WWE2K20 is working a lot better (leads into the above).

3. The Final DLC (which has an ok name for it: Future something?) will include some missing superstars from the current era (Lio Rush mainly).

4. WWE2K21 won't be released with a WWE2K21 Season Pass (24.99) for 2K20 instead.

Anything other than that is pointless. Although this "announcement" could have be already made with the statement that VC would continue to make WWE2K.

It's an ok game to play but they have screwed the creators (still haven't fixed the issue with the texture moving with structure during inital overlay which makes doing Dijakovic more of a pain) and the fact that you NEED to play the DLCs to get their unlockables when most people are just buying them to get The Fiend basically.

1. WWE2K21 will be released after WrestleMania next year (better for a released on next gen too).

2. WWE2K21 won't be released until WWE2K20 is working a lot better (leads into the above).

3. The Final DLC (which has an ok name for it: Future something?) will include some missing superstars from the current era (Lio Rush mainly).

4. WWE2K21 won't be released with a WWE2K21 Season Pass (24.99) for 2K20 instead.

Anything other than that is pointless. Although this "announcement" could have be already made with the statement that VC would continue to make WWE2K.

When it doesn't glitch or crash and it plays normal it's a good game and I've had some fun. If the patches fixed everything my biggest gripe with the game would be the DLC.

2k21 will be out in October/November as normal and we're either going to get I think a great game or another 2k20.

I like option 3 and I've hoped in a the final DLC or patch we get guys like Walter, Kushida, Dijakovic etc, but the leak of the mined DLC and most of Kushida's and Dijakovic's moves being in the BITN pack killed any hope of getting new stars. It's like they planned to have them in the game in some form and then just didn't, almost like they would be the future stars pack and then scrapped it for Originals.

I got to be honest I won't be pre-ordering FIFA or WWE this year. The glitches & crashes in these games this year has made me sour on them bad. Plus with Avengers and Cyberpunk getting delayed to roughly the same time. I think I'd rather get them.

With backwards compatibility confirmed, I think its best they keep well away from next gen until they get to grips with the current engine (if they arent making a new one). Jumping to next gen in the mess theyre in currently will see their sales tank for the foreseeable future. Its a time when gamers are the least forgivable for bad product releases.

Option 4 would be the best option I think. Keep updating this game, get it right, make it a games as a service title until they can get a new engine off the ground for next gen.

Honestly if I had my way (which I won't), we'd get that extra year but they'd also just patch all the new moves and the new controls (as an option) into 2K19. I know I could enjoy 2K19 just fine for another year if they did that... and added a darker main menu option.

I like that you have to play DLC to unlock item. It does give me motivation to really finished all the tower.

And about The Fiend, cmon guys. It's easy, it takes about 30 min to finish it.

About the absence of the current roster, it's reasonable. I don't really need Lio Rush to be honest, and he makeable on CAW mode. Walter and The Imperium, they don't feature NXT UK that much yet.

Named any superstar that worthy to be included on Future Pack. I honestly can't do it. The fact that they include The Fiend on the first pack is good enough.

30 mins of being irritated is NOT my idea of having fun. and add the fact that the A.I loves to spam the "You aint reversing shit, son!" buff? Yeah, *Censored* .. that. Fiend was the preorder bonus, should've been unlockable (optional of course) via unlock all. I prefer having everything unlocked, aint got time to waste time doing that shit manually. No I don't.

Archived