• Please log in to reply
184 replies to this topic

#41 X-zero

X-zero

Midcard

• Members
  • 1,313 posts

Posted 22 January 2020 - 01:35 AM

Popping in to ask the same question I've been asking since the game came out...do created arenas and championships actually work properly yet? I keep wanting to play this game...but I can't bring myself to do it unless those two things actually work.

Nope but those issues probably have to do with logo issues.

#42 NiceTwice

NiceTwice

Lower Midcard

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 04:19 PM

Just out of curiosity how would you guys feel if they remade the game from the ground up? Keeping moves of course but changing mechanics to shit easier to them. Feels like thats the best solution to them since they cant seem to dig into this game without damaging something.

I would prefer they figure out the current mechanics as bad as its looking. The way the game played in 2k19 was great. Visually it was great and matches played out close to real life high quality matches. I thought the worry for future games wouldve been just too much of the same since it reached such a high level.

Edited by NiceTwice, 23 January 2020 - 04:20 PM.

#43 NewAjeOutlaw

NewAjeOutlaw

Jobber

• Members
  • 113 posts
  • SEN (PS3): NewAjeCreations
  • Twitter: NewAjeOutlaw

Posted 23 January 2020 - 05:16 PM

Popping in to ask the same question I've been asking since the game came out...do created arenas and championships actually work properly yet? I keep wanting to play this game...but I can't bring myself to do it unless those two things actually work.

This is hit and miss at the moment. It depends on the creator and when they were uploaded. Between 1.03? and 1.06 arenas were working fine if they were re-uploaded. Anything after 1.06 (20th Dec?) will most likely have images disappear. There are workarounds but a bit more effort as a creator. Also most creators already lined things up before finding out about this issue so it's more than 1 image that would need editing/saving and then replacing. I think we'll have to use the uploader again to get stuff like it was before 1.06 when they fix it. But hopefully that'll be proved wrong.

EDIT: Also crashing is apparently still an issue (been years now) when using created arenas and CAWs.

Edited by NewAjeOutlaw, 23 January 2020 - 05:18 PM.

#44 Petey_the_Clown

Petey_the_Clown

Lower Midcard

• Members
  • 691 posts
  • Gamertag: Petey_The_Clown
  • SEN (PS3): Petey_The_Clown

Posted 23 January 2020 - 06:29 PM

What's the deal with that advert on 2k.. Locker codes for the rumble this weekend that unlock Austin and rock?

sorry if this is technically hotlinking,

EO-lNp4UEAEyMr7.jpg

Wait.. so they wanna sell new players the game for more that its been on sale for before.. and give them a pitiful 15,000 vc. when chances are most people that have bought this 1) unlock for fun or 2) buy the accelerator thing.

I don't get how these codes work tho? did they do anything for 2k19?

Edited by Petey_the_Clown, 23 January 2020 - 06:31 PM.

#45 NegativeCreep

NegativeCreep

Scoops Ahoy

• Members
  • 5,261 posts
  • SEN (PS3): NegativeCr33p_94
  • Steam ID: NegativeCreep
  • Twitter: @N3gativeCr33p

Posted 23 January 2020 - 06:45 PM

Nothing says corporate greed like trying to bolster sales on an otherwise broken product.

Disgusting.   :poo:

#46 X-zero

X-zero

Midcard

• Members
  • 1,313 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 08:52 PM

Just out of curiosity how would you guys feel if they remade the game from the ground up? Keeping moves of course but changing mechanics to shit easier to them. Feels like thats the best solution to them since they cant seem to dig into this game without damaging something.

I would prefer they figure out the current mechanics as bad as its looking. The way the game played in 2k19 was great. Visually it was great and matches played out close to real life high quality matches. I thought the worry for future games wouldve been just too much of the same since it reached such a high level.

If they could add the new moves in a second move pack to 2k19 and the new characters in a dlc bundle I would buy that. It is a few more things I would like but I dont think they could break something with just those.

#47 Scripted

Scripted

Legend

• Members
  • 9,136 posts
  • Gamertag: I Conundrum I
  • SEN (PS3): Conundrumm-

Posted 24 January 2020 - 01:58 PM

Is this game playable yet/worth it? $20 on Microsoft store is a little tempting, lending the answer(s) haha

#48 NegativeCreep

NegativeCreep

Scoops Ahoy

• Members
  • 5,261 posts
  • SEN (PS3): NegativeCr33p_94
  • Steam ID: NegativeCreep
  • Twitter: @N3gativeCr33p

Posted 24 January 2020 - 02:19 PM

Wish I knew for sure, I haven't tried booting up 2K20 in weeks...

#49 X-zero

X-zero

Midcard

• Members
  • 1,313 posts

Posted 24 January 2020 - 02:25 PM

Is this game playable yet/worth it? $20 on Microsoft store is a little tempting, lending the answer(s) haha

If you want to play mycareer, showcase, and exhibition it is playable. If you want to do online, use the creation suite, use cc, or universe mode then you will run into some problems.

#50 ECWDanSelby

ECWDanSelby

Midcard

• Members
  • 1,640 posts
  • Gamertag: ECWselby
  • SEN (PS3): ECWselby
  • Twitter: @FNBodySlams

Posted 24 January 2020 - 03:41 PM

I honestly wouldn't bother, dude. Was fun for a couple of days, then I realised all the matches felt the same, very sluggish in comparison to 2K19, and very dull. MyCareer is fine if you can get past the dreadful graphics and audio, and the fact the male character is beaten so hard in to the ground.

Only cool new things are custom weapon wheels (and unlockable weapons), and ability to use tables in HIAC. That's it. 

If you can live without the above 2 points, leave it. Everything else is superior in 2K19. 

#51 Brandon-X

Brandon-X

The Most Quotable Man Alive

• Members
  • 22,886 posts
  • Gamertag: ExtremistJaitsu
  • SEN (PS3): Jaitsu
  • Steam ID: JaitsuPatrol
  • Twitter: @Jaitsu

Posted 24 January 2020 - 05:05 PM

I would argue the new control scheme is better once you get used to it but otherwise yeah.

#52 Bushy.

Bushy.

The Bad Guy

• Members
  • 22,342 posts
  • SEN (PS3): bushysowavvey

Posted 24 January 2020 - 06:45 PM

So I just bought the game on eBay for 23 bucks lol. Definitely dont plan on playing religiously or whatever because my PC modded 19 is way better, but Im interested in the fun themed DLC and fantasy stuff I never got to use. Will just be an exhibition only game for me.

#53 Fight Me.

Fight Me.

♻️

• Members
  • 47,000 posts

Posted 24 January 2020 - 06:51 PM

Walked into this Gamestop this other day that had the standard edition for like 20 or 30 bucks, I forget. But the deluxe edition was still at full price lmao

#54 Bushy.

Bushy.

The Bad Guy

• Members
  • 22,342 posts
  • SEN (PS3): bushysowavvey

Posted 24 January 2020 - 07:01 PM

Walked into this Gamestop this other day that had the standard edition for like 20 or 30 bucks, I forget. But the deluxe edition was still at full price lmao

Pre owned $27..should just buy it there

Damn wont even let me cancel the order and he didnt ship. Messaged him.

So I have the game on PC for free but no one ever cracked the updates, so Im stuck with the buggy base game. Meanwhile my PS4 still has the deluxe data on it.

#55 PasseGaming

PasseGaming

Opener

• Members
  • 448 posts
  • Gamertag: MlSTER FAUST
  • SEN (PS3): MrFrost1980
  • Twitter: PasseGaming

Posted 25 January 2020 - 12:46 AM

Do you guys think that 2k21 will be less of a dumpster fire that 2k20 is? I've been thinking about it, I think with the developers inexperience with the game and the fact it was just dropped into their lap left them in a bad way and it shows. Now that they have a full development cycle to get more acquainted with the game, will it be an improvement? I personally think it will. I believe 2k19 was one of the best wrestling games I've played in a long time and I think with some time there is no reason why they can't get to that point again.

Plus I hope they bring back some of the old school wrestlers they dropped in 2k20 back being they still have their rights.

Edited by PasseGaming, 25 January 2020 - 12:47 AM.

#56 Graeme Jones

Graeme Jones

Main Eventer

• Members
  • 3,334 posts
  • Gamertag: GraemeJMC
  • SEN (PS3): GraemeJMC
  • Twitter: @GraemeJMC

Posted 25 January 2020 - 01:42 AM

As long as they fire the lazy doofas testers, and hire people who can do a better job? There is hope.

#57 Scripted

Scripted

Legend

• Members
  • 9,136 posts
  • Gamertag: I Conundrum I
  • SEN (PS3): Conundrumm-

Posted 25 January 2020 - 01:45 AM

Damn, youd think they would have fixed things enough for it to be playable by now. Guess this year is a pass for sure. Oh well haha, thanks guys

#58 X-zero

X-zero

Midcard

• Members
  • 1,313 posts

Posted 25 January 2020 - 02:06 AM

Do you guys think that 2k21 will be less of a dumpster fire that 2k20 is? I've been thinking about it, I think with the developers inexperience with the game and the fact it was just dropped into their lap left them in a bad way and it shows. Now that they have a full development cycle to get more acquainted with the game, will it be an improvement? I personally think it will. I believe 2k19 was one of the best wrestling games I've played in a long time and I think with some time there is no reason why they can't get to that point again.

Plus I hope they bring back some of the old school wrestlers they dropped in 2k20 back being they still have their rights.

It really couldn't get worse then this game on release unless 2K21 bricked consoles.

#59 Brandon-X

Brandon-X

The Most Quotable Man Alive

• Members
  • 22,886 posts
  • Gamertag: ExtremistJaitsu
  • SEN (PS3): Jaitsu
  • Steam ID: JaitsuPatrol
  • Twitter: @Jaitsu

Posted 25 January 2020 - 02:42 AM

I'm rather surprised and a little bit worried that we haven't heard a thing about the next patch and DLC yet. I can't help but worry that the company has cut their losses on the game.

#60 Graeme Jones

Graeme Jones

Main Eventer

• Members
  • 3,334 posts
  • Gamertag: GraemeJMC
  • SEN (PS3): GraemeJMC
  • Twitter: @GraemeJMC

Posted 25 January 2020 - 02:57 AM

I'm rather surprised and a little bit worried that we haven't heard a thing about the next patch and DLC yet. I can't help but worry that the company has cut their losses on the game.

At this point? Another patch would probably *Censored* up the game even more considering the lack of vision in their testers.