Official WWE 2K20 Discussion Thread II

Jeb ★

I didn't care about rankings, when I played online? I did it because I wanted to play with friends and have fun. 2K14 was my favourite game for playing online. Never ran into spammers, and I played online from it's release date til 2K15 released. Aside from some lag issues? My online experience was lots of fun with 2K14.

I'd love to have that experience again in the future. 

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m almost tempted to download it again and see what these small things are that show even the faintest hint of good progress underneath it all. I just remember the whole process of having a match being very unpleasant and boring. If they actually listened to the Feedback Project, then the good news is that it can’t possibly get any worse than what we just got.

1 hour ago, Mani-Man said:

Never say never, but if they really would throw out something worse than 2k20, its for the best to retire the series.
If after more than 12 months of time to develop, they havent done significant progress, then all hope is lost.

Oh I'm expecting them to use the Pandemic as an excuse IF 2K22 is just as bad as 2K20. Then I'd mention WWE BattleDUDS to them.

6 hours ago, KingKhan18 said:

Battlegrounds is fun though.

I dont doubt that, i heard the Online Rumble is a ton of fun.
For me, there never was enough in the game to invest in it.
Which was super weird considering all the crazy stuff you could have done with match types, yet they barely have any special match type outside the standard.

But i see the potential.
Make it bigger with more variety, more gameplay depth...and you have a cool side series next to the 2k one.

37 minutes ago, Rekka_No_Ryo said:

I only bought 2k20 because I got it for $ 30 on black friday with everything included.

Yeah, got the game too when it was super cheap, not with the DLCs, which is a bit annoying...but wouldnt have made a huge difference.
Fun side note, i won wwe2k19 in a Contest...that was neat.XD

I paid the whole thing for 2K20. Preordered the Deluxe version, and I was so excited to do so because the sequel to 19 had to be incredible, and it was not. The Women’s Evolution showcase I liked, but it was such a bland, boring, generic release beyond that, nevermind the “dumpster fire” elements. Broke my heart to see it but the thing is...they’ve had all this time to learn and work on/with the coding....I’m stupid enough to think this next game is gonna be the good kind of fire. Circumstances that were impossible to work through in under a year have now had an additional 2 years of work done.

7 hours ago, A N T I - said:

I paid the whole thing for 2K20. Preordered the Deluxe version, and I was so excited to do so because the sequel to 19 had to be incredible, and it was not. The Women’s Evolution showcase I liked, but it was such a bland, boring, generic release beyond that, nevermind the “dumpster fire” elements. Broke my heart to see it but the thing is...they’ve had all this time to learn and work on/with the coding....I’m stupid enough to think this next game is gonna be the good kind of fire. Circumstances that were impossible to work through in under a year have now had an additional 2 years of work done.

That of course is super bitter.
Personally the games in the last few years havent done enough to make me a pre-order guy or someone who would pay full price.

But it must be ten times more bitter when you are super into the series still, and then get a 2k20...and im not talking about 2k20 after a few patches that fixed at least some, im talking about bare bones 2k20, a complete failure of a game.

Sure there were all kinds of trouble, especially with yukes leaving...one might argue that it shouldnt have made a huge difference considering 2k and VC were around long enough to get used to how it is to develop a wwe2k game...but still, when a large portion of the team suddenly leaves and you have only a few months left to finish the game, its super hard.

They need to deliver and not just a "good" game.
They made a big deal this time out of the "Listening to fans", if that doesnt amount to one of the best Wrestling games in recent time...thats a problem.

11 hours ago, Mani-Man said:

That of course is super bitter.
Personally the games in the last few years havent done enough to make me a pre-order guy or someone who would pay full price.

But it must be ten times more bitter when you are super into the series still, and then get a 2k20...and im not talking about 2k20 after a few patches that fixed at least some, im talking about bare bones 2k20, a complete failure of a game.

Sure there were all kinds of trouble, especially with yukes leaving...one might argue that it shouldnt have made a huge difference considering 2k and VC were around long enough to get used to how it is to develop a wwe2k game...but still, when a large portion of the team suddenly leaves and you have only a few months left to finish the game, its super hard.

They need to deliver and not just a "good" game.
They made a big deal this time out of the "Listening to fans", if that doesnt amount to one of the best Wrestling games in recent time...thats a problem.

Im not really bitter about it. Once we found out everything that was going on with Yuke’s (or rather, without Yuke’s), we should’ve known that it was gonna take a miracle for them to produce a good game. These games are my everything, to be honest. They’re all I play, so naturally I hold them to a high standard and I know what it would take to produce another great game because it’s all I think about. I think they have no choice but to listen to the fans this year, because when they went their own way, nobody liked what they came up with. 2K Originals is gonna go down as one of the bigger fails in franchise history. Georgia Washington? Hey, atleast we got The Fiend out of it.

I believe in VC’s ability to take us into the future of this franchise with creative and innovative and just wonderful new games that feel like they’re actually taking steps forward, instead of a slightly updated take on the same game every year. It’s time to step into the future and be overwhelmed by the amazingness of it all, instead of saying to each other “This game is good but it doesn’t hold a candle to those old games.”

It may be stupid of me but I trust them. They’re the team we’ve got, so we kinda have no choice. Lol. I want change, I want fantastic DLC, I want mindblowing gameplay, new match types (*cough*WARGAMES*cough*), I want everyone to have their GM Mode back, I want caw creators to thrive, I want  a marketing campaign that drives fans banana with excitement for more than a month before game release, I want it all. Can they give that to us?

• 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, ShadowCarnage said:

Does it function like it’s supposed to compared to console lol

I.... I mean.. you can boot it up and run it? As far as I know its just as much a buggy mess as it is on console. I can't speak as to its optimization but at least its got access to mods.

• 2 weeks later...

so i finally got a copy of 2K20 for $30 on amazon. not a bad game. i dont like the control configuration from 2K19, i miss the Legends that were removed, so far i have not experienced any glitches, bugs etc.

Wish I were that lucky, I'm starting to think i'm cursed to find all bugs in existence on a consistent basis. Hell, I might be some kind of metaphysical rip in time and space that created new bugs just from my mere existence.

Archived