Official WWE 2K20 Discussion Thread II

Jeb ★

Tbh I don't mind 2K originals...just don't think it's something you should've charged people for lol So if it's back in the future, I don't mind if they're just random attires you unlock throughout MyCareer or whatever. Just don't make me pay for this ever again please and actually give me some more legends and more NXT stars lol

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m trying to think of a situation in which 2K Originals would’ve had a more positive reception from the community and I can’t find it. Some of the arenas and all the new moves were the only good thing to come from it. The Fiend too, of course. Would it have been more successful if it were in 2K19 first? I dunno. I think you just look at it and say to yourself “Wtf is this? They spent time on this that could’ve gone towards something the people actually want?” It’s just ugly-looking. It looks and feels like the devs wish they were working on some other game. It felt incredibly tone deaf to what the community wants. This is coming from someone who gave them the benefit of the doubt and really went in wanting to love this new feature. It sucked. No way around that.

One of my main issues was having to unlock the *censored*ing Fiend! He was a preorder bonus, the main damn reason I preordered 2K20 for *Censored* sake. So I never got to play as The Fiend, why? The A.I spamming the 'no reversal' mechanic. I rage quit and never touched that mode ever again!

In future 2K, do NOT hide a preorder bonus under towers, or any mode for that matter. I expect to use whoever/whatever whenever I want to when I boot up the game for the first time. 

I know it won't happen, but I really wish 2K would throw in one last gesture, one little acknowledgement about how *censored*ed over we got, and announce one last patch in celebration of the new consoles. Seeing as how we're *censored*ing stuck with this game for another year and all..

I know, its just that the stuff thats still broken in 2K20 is so.. so much worse than the things broken in 2K19, and unfortunately I highly doubt the AEW game nor The Wrestling Code will be out before 2K22.

You know what would be a nice little feature to include for 2K22? The ability to "hide" certain uploaders from the Most Recents tab of CC, since its constantly filled with the laziest shit this side of a WWE writing session.

On 11/9/2020 at 12:53 AM, A N T I - said:

I’m trying to think of a situation in which 2K Originals would’ve had a more positive reception from the community and I can’t find it. Some of the arenas and all the new moves were the only good thing to come from it. The Fiend too, of course. Would it have been more successful if it were in 2K19 first? I dunno. I think you just look at it and say to yourself “Wtf is this? They spent time on this that could’ve gone towards something the people actually want?” It’s just ugly-looking. It looks and feels like the devs wish they were working on some other game. It felt incredibly tone deaf to what the community wants. This is coming from someone who gave them the benefit of the doubt and really went in wanting to love this new feature. It sucked. No way around that.

The Originals thing could have worked if they would have put more effort in it, and if the main game wouldnt have been such a mess.
Its a cool concept to give people something unique and fun for a change, but if the main game already is losing its appeal, is full of bugs and glitches...then something like that isnt a good idea.
If you have a roster that lacks several wrestlers but a fantasy DLC that adds a futuristic Tamina...that looks a lot like they didnt listen to what the community wants.

I do want at least the parts of those originals things.
The arena parts, the weapons, the caw parts...that is cool stuff Efeds etc can use and i dont want to miss that.

I think they did put a great deal of effort into it and that was a problem. Like...what all didn’t get attention because they were working on this, thinking it would be a big selling point for the game? I agree that the different weapon skins and such were cool ideas....some of them, anyway. I wasn’t a fan of the magical book. I’m all for any new additions to Creation Suite modes and the arenas were awesome, but if it never came back, I would never miss it. Unlike so many other things that went away and haven’t come back yet. Originals is what you do when the game has everything it needs and you can’t think of what to add anymore, which is definitely not the case with WWE games. They can’t even figure out how to give us custom music back just because it’s not as simple as it was, way back when.

Sooo... has anyone noticed that the AI is broken on the outside and nine times out of ten can't actually throw opponents back into the ring? I've seen it get tons of ring count outs because it insists on throwing opponents diagonally or into the corners/ring steps.

I know they did the Streak mode with Undertaker in recent years (I think)...but next year's Showcase has to revolve around Undertaker, right? They don't even need to make it all about the streak. Just his best matches that covers all eras and hopefully get better models of all his retro gimmicks.

8 hours ago, BrandonX said:

So I just realized that the pop-up hurricanrana that was added just last game seems to have been removed.

... whhhhyyyy?!

Its highly possible that the move is renamed...which is one thing that annoys the hell out of me.
I cant tell you how often i was looking for a move under the "normal" name and couldnt find it because it has some other weird name.

On the note of moves...i hate that every tombstone that has a pin, has only Undertakers pin.
Especially Undertakers old school Tombstone, which is my absolute favorite.
I love the version he did earlier where he had the opponent on one shoulder.
Sadly if i want to pin the opponent after that smoothly, i only have the Undertaker animation.
Would be neat to be able to choose a few different pin styles in such moves.

12 hours ago, Jeb ? said:

Is it not in running grapples?

Maybe but I was checking there and if it is, as Mani said, its definitely been renamed. I was trying to give it to a new caw as a sig and its just.. not there, it seems. not as pop-up hurricanrana anyway.

• 1 month later...

So, I haven't seen his source yet but Smacktalks is reporting that 2K22 will be using a live service update model. I'm... rather worried about that. Sure, this means the game could recieve constant content updates.. but it also means that a notoriously greedy publisher now has a doorway to push their monetization further on the series.

20 minutes ago, Eulonzo said:

So, are we getting WWE 2K22 this year?

Yes.

1 hour ago, BrandonX said:

So, I haven't seen his source yet but Smacktalks is reporting that 2K22 will be using a live service update model. I'm... rather worried about that. Sure, this means the game could recieve constant content updates.. but it also means that a notoriously greedy publisher now has a doorway to push their monetization further on the series.

Hm, im unsure about this.
It comes down to what the game offers in general.
If the game looks good, is fun to play and keeps you hooked, if it is in that good enough to keep going for a few years then i would be more open for live service.

Having seasons and stuff, giving the developer enough room to keep us updated but also so that they can evolve the series behind the scenes...that would be neat.

A full price update dressed up like a full new game as we had the recent years, isnt better than live service updates imo.
Of course with 2k and all the greed part sure should keep people worried, but for the moment im not really worried or excited.

I need to see what they did in this additional year first and how 2k22 turns out.

Archived