Official WWE 2K20 Discussion Thread II

Jeb ★

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kind of sad that physics is sitting at a paltry 3 percent. No game has managed to achieve SvR 2011s, and while that game had tons of issues on other things, those physics made hardcore matches a blast.

On 5/26/2020 at 12:04 PM, Motown Saint said:

Okay, stupid question here, but I tried downloading the a great looking Teagan Nox, but it said "Progression Alexa Bliss" Is that something to do with MyPlayer?

It is probably the 4 horsewomen showcase unlock.

A little disappointed in the gameplay results. Weapon interaction is number 1 they aren't even featured in most matches. I am ok with most of the animation but a few of the newer ones need to have their speed fixed. I got use to 2k20 control but having the option for 2K19 shouldn't take that long to add. Rework gameplay and Smarter AI are good ones to focus on so alright with those. I wish hair physics was a little higher since some hair still seems possessed.

So for those of you who don't know, Patrick Gilmore, the new manager/head/whatever you want to call it of 2Ks WWE video games going forward did an AMA on reddit today. I didn't take part unfortunately due to being out with my brother helping him pick up an anniversary gift for his girlfriend, but I'm looking threw afterwords. If any of you would like to see what all was said, I will post the link below.

From what i've gathered however, this guy seems way more competent than the guy he's replacing. I don't know if he was a wrestling fan before joining the team or if he's having to read up on a bunch after being appointed, but judging from the stuff he's said it seems like he clearly knows that the next game really has to appeal to the core wrestling fan.

https://www.reddit.com/r/WWEGames/comments/gsvli0/im_patrick_gilmore_game_industry_veteran_and/

so basically they are not going to fix 20's shitty connection problems and I can not upload anything to either 19 or 20 and am stuck with what I have on my game..

wonderful..

that is also a pr stunt that ammounts to "sorry we took your money, this game is shitty, but hey, the next game might be cooler.."

hopefully AI gets some good upgrades. I might be wrong but seems all models kinda play the same where it can become predictable. It would make a difference if wrestlers played more like their wrestling style like high fliers. 

to me 2k19 was great as far as gameplay goes. With some small touch ups though like crowd reactions to match the action it would’ve been way better.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Well Hell has frozen over. Decided to reinstall this game. And had my first match in almost a year. Was a fun match, went 30 minutes. I was playing as Drew McIntyre vs Randy Orton. Tried to win with The Claymore, but Orton kept kicking out of that sumbitch. So, after 3 failed attempts of that? The Future Shock got 'em!

• 4 weeks later...

Really curious how development is going and where it's at. 2K21 would have been releasing just a few weeks away in october or november but 2K22 is still a year away, so I'm wondering about their process and if this year's title skip is really helping 2K22 is every way and if they're utilizing the PS5/XSX dev kits as much as possible. There will probably still be releases for PS4/XBO/,Switch and PC but hopefully there's a 2nd team working on ports for those and the main focus is next gen.

Curious if they have already made PC and Thunderdome arenas with logos from this year and working on caw mode or something 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 10/12/2020 at 9:06 PM, A.O.L. said:

Anybody know what the Gore is now named? Can’t seem to find it in the move set...

I think its just one of the Spears now.

New AEW game incoming too, along side the Wrestling Code. Better get your shit together for 2K22, 2K, or you might wind up left in the dust.

Generating interest in 2K22 is gonna be a layup regardless of gameplay fortunately/unfortunately. CM Punk caws get hundreds of thousands of downloads, so he’s a shoe-in for crazy preorder numbers. The fact that he hasn’t been announced for the Wrestling Code is telling enough for me. Then, the rest does depend on how they’re using their time.....GM Mode is gonna generate tons of interest. It would be a shame if they’ve got two years and haven’t even begun trying to work on War Games. That’ll generate tons of interest. Then they’ve teased working on making Creation Suite the best it’s ever been. All this and more on top of being MIA for a year means we’re gonna be dying for a new WWE game and they’re gonna overwhelm us with content we actually want. I do hope everyone learns from each other in what may be the most exciting time for wrestling games in a long, long time. 

First thing first, they need to fix the bugs. I'm sick and tired of shit breaking, and having to make do with a broken game til the next one. And when it comes to patches? THEY NEED TO TEST THEM FIRST!! They will have had 2 years come next October/November. So if the game releases unplayable? They have nowhere to hide. 

I'm hoping so many things get added and removed from 2K22 that its not funny. I hope the legends that no one play as i.e. the ones that aren't the well known and loved ones like Rock & Austin aren't in or even just keep the legend pool small like they did with the previous few SVR games where there were maybe 10-12 of them of the well known variety. I'm hoping more NXT & NXT UK Talent are included. Talent that were left out for no logical reason from Cutler & Blake to Aliyah and that the NXT UK Womens & Tag Team Championships are finally added. Lets hope they return to the previous model for DLC where we get 2-3 character packs that include moves that will actually get used along with a new moves pack over those garbage "WWE Originals" that were complete and total @$$ and we know that that means. I want the WWE Games to succeed as they are one of the reasons I spent 300+ bucks on a damn PS4 or XB1 but after this game, they have no excuse for 2K22 being terrible as they have about an extra year to make it right. 

2K Originals isn’t going anyway and IMO that’s not a bad thing. I like the basis or stories and random characters/attires being added. What would maybe make it better for everyone if they also included 1 or 2 new actual wrestlers like they tied The Fiend with the first one. That would give incentive for both sides of the argument. What I didn’t like is how you had to play through to get everything as I didn’t mind but I understand people who unlock everything from the start and expect the DLC to be the same.

I'm sorry but I just can't agree. Maybe if they were interesting well written stories, but to me the ones in 2K20 felt like lazy half-assed excuses to do arcade content in a simulation game, all the matches were stupid gimmicks, I never once used the characters other than the fiend outside the mode, it feels almost like they were an excuse to do even less in terms of actually fixing the game, and the only saving grace was our boy managing to sneak some good moves in with each one.

I have no interest in playing a literal snake man or Mad Max but in wrestling rings, if I wanted those I'd go on CC and grab CAWs for that. If they need to continue 2K originals then I want to see good proper storyline, especially ones I do not just end up saying "uggghh just end already. Stupid gimmick matches.." every time. If they can't do that then just scrap it and go back to the old DLC model. It was superior in my opinion anyway, with tangible ability to give us what we couldn't get at launch.

If they really want to peddle DLC that bad, they could always increase the number of move and wrestler packs. They certainly have the low tier roster to do so without compromising their regular roster.

2K Originals was a big bust and it would be best for it to go away and never show it’s face again. Also, the more legends, the better. I agree that they should try to get the current roster as complete as they possibly can, but legends sell copies too....it isn’t about what you want as an individual....try to think of what the masses want. We’re trying to hit every demographic possible here and Old school’s cool. What the masses didn’t want and seemingly nobody asked for were DLC Originals, but they took a shot at something different. It took balls, if nothing else. They should use those balls to mercilessly leave every other wrestling game in the dust with 2K22.

Archived