Official WWE 2K20 Discussion Thread II

Jeb ★

Since I doubt 2K will actually extend 2k19 lifecycle and 2k21 probably won't happen, I went and finally bought the deluxe version of 2k20.  It is a game that I know that fully doesn't work  from a place I hate in Gamestop but for $30 for everything I can live with both of those facts.

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wanna do the Wayne’s World 2 Jim Morrison line “Keep the faith, my friend. If you book them, they will come.” in regards to 2K21, but there’s every reason in the world for it not to come out. They never even did a 2K21 Wishlist topic and those are usually out around January, so maybe that’s the proof. We’ll see. 

I think the final DLC came out, so it’s time to cut their losses and move on right away without looking back. I’ve also had conversations that went in the direction of not fully taking Justin Leper at his word, but now is precisely when we see who’s believable and who isn’t. If they announce officially that there’s no game, I’ll be disappointed but understanding. These are supposed to be the only games I play and spend all year thinking about and looking forward to, but they don’t owe me anything as an individual. As a consumer, we are owed the wrestling game of all wrestling games and if they think they can give us that with an extra year, then godspeed..

I really forgot how bad these games play online. The pin system and last man standing getting up feel really bad with lag. And then it is the players who I figured would be more cheap on the male cas side. But no I only fought one Big Show sized person. Every female that I faced was Nia Jax sized. I am not sure if it is just the size, the ability, or both but it pretty much give them a few free counters for a while.

11 hours ago, X-zero said:

But no I only fought one Big Show sized person. Every female that I faced was Nia Jax sized. I am not sure if it is just the size, the ability, or both but it pretty much give them a few free counters for a while.

Sounds like they had Immovable Object and you tried a strong strike/running strike without damaging them enough for the regular selling animation. I think certain standing grapples can cause the attacker to be pushed backwards and they roll back too.

3 hours ago, TheNoOneM1 said:

Sounds like they had Immovable Object and you tried a strong strike/running strike without damaging them enough for the regular selling animation. I think certain standing grapples can cause the attacker to be pushed backwards and they roll back too.

It works against grapples from headlocks which I thought were weak grapples. So really hard to damage them at first if they no sell strikes and push off grapples. 

Luckily today didnt run into as many so may have just been a bad first day.

9 hours ago, oliver343 said:

Just wondered if anyone has seen the petition going round to keep the 2k19 servers open with all the trouble where having with 2k20. 

https://www.change.org/p/2k-keep-wwe-2k19-servers-online-until-wwe-2k21-releases

Seen it but they have said nothing about it and support ends next month. Plus there probably won't be an 2k21 so they can't extend it to something that might not exist.

With the news of 2K21 being cancelled I downloaded 2K20 looking to finally seek my teeth into since I know we won’t have another for a while. I don’t know if I can do it man.

First of all, I HATE Showcase. I envy everyone who loves it but having required objectives takes the fun out of it for me and if I pay for the Unlock All function, please don’t hide moves behind a polarizing mode like this and force me to play it.

That said, I really wanted to settle into this game because of Lee, Riddle, Ciampa, and Murphy actually being in it and then the moves I unlocked but I gotta say, none of the moves are dope enough to keep me.

CAW mode looks like it’s not even worth it. No offense to Ryeedee, but his Punk isn’t as sharp as it usually is and I know it’s not his fault because I noticed all CAWs look funky (except for Defract’s Jay White which ironically might be the best CAW I ever seen). The face textures remind me AKI games. I don’t even wanna try it.

Then lastly, the most important thing for me: gameplay. Truthfully I have not run into any glitches since I redownloaded it, the gameplay at its core is throwing me off. It’s not bad, it’s not too far off from 2K19 but it’s still kind of a night and day difference. Little things that don’t make sense and just kill it for me. The goofy “i’m gonna punch you pal” animation when someone reverses a ground attack irks the hell outta me. A stunned animation would have been fine. Also, the thing where they sit up like Taker after they kick out...so weird. And overall, I don’t mind slower gameplay but you gotta have animations that accommodate for the slowness. It’s a problem when the slowness makes the game feel unresponsive. I also don’t like the controls. In an effort to “streamline” them they made em more convoluted.

So yeah keep them 2K19 servers up indefinitely. I think I’ll get back into that.

Just now, crazyjk4 said:

I've seen quite a few of them but I'm not sure all of them are on there. 

I would legit consider buying 2K19 on the PC if all the new animations get modded in eventually.

On 5/2/2020 at 1:27 AM, EJ! said:

With the news of 2K21 being cancelled I downloaded 2K20 looking to finally seek my teeth into since I know we won’t have another for a while. I don’t know if I can do it man.

First of all, I HATE Showcase. I envy everyone who loves it but having required objectives takes the fun out of it for me and if I pay for the Unlock All function, please don’t hide moves behind a polarizing mode like this and force me to play it.

That said, I really wanted to settle into this game because of Lee, Riddle, Ciampa, and Murphy actually being in it and then the moves I unlocked but I gotta say, none of the moves are dope enough to keep me.

CAW mode looks like it’s not even worth it. No offense to Ryeedee, but his Punk isn’t as sharp as it usually is and I know it’s not his fault because I noticed all CAWs look funky (except for Defract’s Jay White which ironically might be the best CAW I ever seen). The face textures remind me AKI games. I don’t even wanna try it.

Then lastly, the most important thing for me: gameplay. Truthfully I have not run into any glitches since I redownloaded it, the gameplay at its core is throwing me off. It’s not bad, it’s not too far off from 2K19 but it’s still kind of a night and day difference. Little things that don’t make sense and just kill it for me. The goofy “i’m gonna punch you pal” animation when someone reverses a ground attack irks the hell outta me. A stunned animation would have been fine. Also, the thing where they sit up like Taker after they kick out...so weird. And overall, I don’t mind slower gameplay but you gotta have animations that accommodate for the slowness. It’s a problem when the slowness makes the game feel unresponsive. I also don’t like the controls. In an effort to “streamline” them they made em more convoluted.

So yeah keep them 2K19 servers up indefinitely. I think I’ll get back into that.

I completely agree. I got the game in December as a gift and I haven't had any major glitches.. Prob like 2 very minor things during matches but I wish there was some sort of slider for gameplay. Like So

GAMEPLAY Speed

|==========    |

But I'm fine with playing the game. Not that I can play it because my ps4 is all busted. But 2k19 has been the first or second best entry (I think 2k17 is a little bit better but I'm really Biased) in the entire series. And yeah, showcase sucks. 15 and 16 had the only good ones. Most caws don't look good due to the creators imo and not the game. Had to Frankenstein Like 4 feind caws and a bitn model I got off of cc to get a good looking bray. And the new controls are fine tbh. I like em but I think they should Just bring back the SD1-07 controls.

20 hours ago, WWEADDICT4LIFE said:

i read that several people when they loaded up 2k19 it popped up and said servers are to shut down on September 30th 2020 and this was over on 2kforums

Well that is a four month extension. Probably around the time their new project comes out. And they probably don't want to have 3 WWE game servers at once.

20 hours ago, WWEADDICT4LIFE said:

i read that several people when they loaded up 2k19 it popped up and said servers are to shut down on September 30th 2020 and this was over on 2kforums

The tweet addresses the date of May 31 but I'm not sure if it applies to September 30th as well

Idk

I'd be down for that. They would have to put some work into Taker to make em feel more special though seeing as we've already had 4 versions of him in recent years (minus this year where they removed Ministry Taker for some reason). Would love if they actually worked on his younger models and didn't just slap his current face on there. Plus some different attires they haven't used already. And of course, his current hybrid gimmick would be the cherry on top.

Archived