Official WWE 2K20 Discussion Thread II

Jeb ★

With the latest patch, the "game" consists now of close to 59 gb's of an unfinished product..

Within a few days I'm gonna find a list of most of the great caw makers that've given up on this game well before this last patch...

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aside from the male my player being a major ass, I loved the story in my player. That was actually one of the few things I enjoyed tbh. The shit with Sin Cara still *censored*s my lungs up. Shit was hilarious. So the past two years imo they’ve done My Player story justice. Hate the unlocking certain shit still but ehh. Also I just can’t see the series changing much if they continue the simulation gameplay style. Like the submission system and the other stuff they’ve added over the years can stay. But overall the fun and arcade shit is why adds replay value imo. That’s how all the old school games feel to me. I figured that out personally for me of course. The fast paced, overselling etc with some simulation similar to SVR 2006 was a dream. 

These games were like the one thing I had in this world, and they made me hate everything about it. That’s how powerful my feelings toward 2K20 are. I’m tired of everything to do with these games...I just want them to make things right for other people. If they can’t do that, I can’t and won’t be putting any time or thought into the product or anything associated with them any longer, and that’s a promise.

11 hours ago, BrandonX said:

Ring and ring rope shake is back, finally. At least one good thing came out of the patch (that and fixing my beloved double underhook brainbuster).

Yeah something that I've been waiting since 2k15. It's pretty big deal for me. I see it's not perfect but atleast they bring it back.

On 3/29/2020 at 3:24 AM, Kombatant said:

So has 2K shut down because of the coronavirus or are game developers/publishers considered essential business?

Which wrestling game has been announced for PS5? Damn exclusives again like Fire Pro

They will probably get the Coronavirus as excuse to say they weren't able to work on another patch when in reality they never intented to invest anymore time on this piece of Software in the first place.

Seriously I opened WWE14 on my ps3 last Weekend and played a few universe Matches.

Even the graphics were bad compared to the graphics of today, the game was enjoyable!

I even had custom Music in my entrances along with good Gameplay and bug free!

Don't think there was a Wrestling game announced for PS5 yet but if the AEW game should come into fruition, it might go straight to the PS5.

We will have to wait and see I guess. :)

13 hours ago, Jmerc said:

Okay so i FINALLY got this game and boy am I sad that all the alternate attires from the showcase mode are different models and not attires that I can use in universe mode. :(

Alt attires aren’t really working in Universe so having different models is ultimately better

Well, I say it's now a 65% complete game after all the patches.

Still plenty of glitches around, but it's at least playable.

Like I've always said: Underneath all the bugs & glitches,there is a great game..

@Saturi

If the AEW video game will come into fruition I think they will still release it in the PS4 and Xbox One since most gamers will not jump ship to the next gen consoles immediately. Also, a lot of people will still buy current gen since the prices will definitely go down which means a lot of potential customers.

@glennsoe

Agree, even though the game has plenty of glitches, it's still enjoyable.

Looks like I will be playing mycareer during the pandemic. I liked 2k19 mycareer story and since many here have said that the story this year is good. Might as well give it a try. Did not want to touch it in the past because of the glitches in CAW mode.

Played some more last night. Just trying to force myself through some of these achievements. Got two more of the achievements for using buffs. Will probably never do the ones for the MyPlayer mode. Will probably do the 2K towers ones next...even though I hate some of those objectives. And then I might do the one for winning the rumble at 1st or 2nd...but, that's always a pain in the ass too. Really, I'm just trying to force myself to find reasons to play the game at all. Achievements are how I'm attempting to do it. Lol.

Have been playing 2k19 for the last month with all the caws still getting released. I still really enjoy the game and how much it recreates the feeling of a real match and late moments feel close like a real match. Only thing I envy from 2k20 is some of the new moves. So I went back to 2k20 trying to enjoy it with issues aside and the gameplay mechanics even though I can’t pinpoint doesn’t feel like the same level in quality.

25 minutes ago, NiceTwice said:

Have been playing 2k19 for the last month with all the caws still getting released. I still really enjoy the game and how much it recreates the feeling of a real match and late moments feel close like a real match. Only thing I envy from 2k20 is some of the new moves. So I went back to 2k20 trying to enjoy it with issues aside and the gameplay mechanics even though I can’t pinpoint doesn’t feel like the same level in quality.

They tried to add break period where you can't attack your opponent to give them a breather like when you pull back your fist instead of doing what you were trying to do. But it feels like an unnatural pause and kills match flow. And hit detection in general sometimes is just bad.

• 2 weeks later...

There's also something wrong with a lot of the old moves that has caused the animations to move in slow motion, yet most of the new ones feel comically sped up, and that also throws match flow off something fierce.

Archived