Official WWE 2K20 Discussion Thread II

Jeb ★

FFS.

All these little AI buffs and opponent debuffs suck the fun out of the actual gameplay. The games were more fun when everyone could just do everything instead of fighting styles, skills, abilities, scripted stuff like catching finishers and omg moments, kickout meter and momentum changes.

I wouldn't mind if if they just gave us basic controls over stuff. This guy irishwhips a lot, this one likes dives and springboards, he's a runner, she's a striker, this gal is a submission master.

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I miss having a wrestling game I really want to play and forget about everything for awhile. Lynell Jinks, I dont know you. You seem awesome. All I ask is that you guys dont f**k us again. I know the reasoning(s), Im just saying......these games are all I have to look forward to. We deserve better.

@wwegames:

We're not mad, just dissapointed...

You could do better and we deserve the best from you...

Sounds like something an angry parent would say to theire child - but it's coming from the heart..

Oh,and #givecawcreatorsachance

I really, really wish the rope break mechanic was more consistent with how far away you can be. Sometimes a move places you literally right against it and no rope break occurs, other times you can be a decent distance away and a rope break triggers.

Hopefully they can find a way to give the ring more life when it comes to performing moves and movements in general. Because how it is right now, it makes the moves look like they are performed on a bed and not very impactful. Like when I hit a Batista Bomb, I want the ring to bounce and also have a more loud sound effect when hitting the mat. Maybe by next gen, thats something they can look into.

I just finished playing wwe2k19 and wow,what a great game compared to this "game"..

Why does the caws on 19 look sooooo much better than the caws on 20?

caws and in-game wrestlers have higher quality textures now, but I don't think the lighting in 2K20 was designed with them in mind (or anything, for that matter). Along side that, caws have an infuriating seem along their collar bone that is clearly there for the sweat system and its not blended whatsoever.

Like, 2K19 wasn't perfect, by the time 2K20 launched there were and are still some bugs in 2K19 I had hoped would be fixed but compared to 2K20 its a clean plate to 2K20s dirty cattle trow.

Extra stuff the new control scheme let's you do? I thought they basically swapped sigs, fins and comebacks to multi-button inputs and that was it?

I really, really wish the rope break mechanic was more consistent with how far away you can be. Sometimes a move places you literally right against it and no rope break occurs, other times you can be a decent distance away and a rope break triggers.

I've lost track on that feature. What does "Rope Break (Automatic) - On" do in the global options? Do you have to put that rope break skill onto everyone if you want them to literally reach out and grab the rope to break pins?

It allows more control over the drag system, climbing to the top of the turnbuckle without running, locking on a submission without having to initiate a headlock first.

With that said I still absolutely agree it should've been optional.

I've given up on running my CAW universe now in this game unfortunately. With custom championships looking like absolute garbage with the lighting all busted and the textures freaking out, and custom arenas being a pain to make look good, and the image uploader still making creating CAWs a multi-hour affair even when I know exactly what they look like; its just not gonna happen.

I am still excited to see what gets fixed with the last patch and what new moves come with that last DLC, but man.. I've played 2K20 maybe a quarter of the amount I played 2K19 by this point.

The more I invest the more issues I seem to find that I wasn't aware of.... it's making me sigh. Reminds me way too much of the limitations of wwe2k15

Like creating alt attires.. that can't be used or selected in universe mode. 2nd alt attires having the DLC originals names.

Custom Titles being announced incorrectly still. the "National Wrestling Alliance" title is announced as "Non Stop Alliance"

The floating Hair on Bret and HHH still!

So here's the thing. Rope breaks are weirdly split in to two different mechanics. There's the automatic "you're near the ropes so we just call it a rope break" thing when locked in a pin or submission, but on rare occasions (very rare, you have to be lined up exactly right) there's a manual rope break you can do while being pinned. I believe the ability pertains to the second, but I honestly cannot tell if Rope Break (Automatic) - On effects both, either, neither, or what. Honestly I kind of wish they would just rip the entire rope break system out and start on a new one from scratch.

After reading these comments I dont even want to convert my universe moe or caws from 2K19  over to 2K20. Guess I'm gonna start modding my PC version of 2K19. Is there any possible way to enjoy universe mode on 2K20 with CC or no?

So does anyone else find it really, really, really weird that sometimes the cutscenes in MyCareers story mode seem to sometimes randomly switch to 60 frames per second?

I tried to download some arena's on 20 and none of them worked, also there is a glitch/bug where you cant log into the server to upload stuff to 19 or 20 that the dev's are also working on..

But yeah, 19 worked where as 20 like Star Wars TLJ is still incomplete and a work in progress despite it almost being out on DVD..

Really admireable how you guys still trying to Play this so called "game".

I waited for an update and after the last one came in and barely fixed anything one the caw creations, universe and uploader, I immediately dropped it again and wait in the hope that we still might get an update the really fixes these things.

You guys think we will get any updates at all anymore?

Archived