Official WWE 2K20 Discussion Thread II

Jeb ★

the new moves and dlc moves are great. so is the idea of new hairs & weapons etc post game launch. wish they were better choices rather than fantasy/stupid ones though. but the entire game is falling-down around them.

crashes/glitches.

new controls, collission detection, animation timing snafu's.

forced grinding of showcase, originals, myplayer and towers.

lighting issues (CAW parts, and CABelt are almost harsh to look at. I have to go to cloth material to get a better look at things)

creation issues (i HATE that the caw disappear and reloads each time you change the part preview box)

restrictions as usual (entrance motions, videos/themes, clothing pieces, stage pieces not being split across different creation modes).

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New controls are great, my only complaint is two buttons used for finishers and OMGs.

The switching shoulder buttons for picking up a ladder, setting it up, climbing and reaching is a complete arse.

It used be something like R1 to pick it up, hold R1 to woddle it in an upright position to move a few steps. Once picked up in the hand it was X or [] to use as a weapon, R1 to drop it, or R1 plus direction to open it out/put against turnbuckle if you were close enough to it.

Whatever it used to be (I haven't gone back and checked) it was a hell of a lot better than what we have now

im still not used to the controls. Everything just seems more difficult...needlessly so.

why is Limb Targeting like 3 buttons now. And why do u press the strike button for a grapple?

im still not sure how to do a leverage pin. I've only been able to Chain Grapple once. Nothing seems natural. It all feels off to me.

in the Southpaw tower against Nattie was a nightmare. The controls aren't good. Then u have the problem of the glitchiness of the game. The poor response time to controller input. The sluggishness in controlling ur character in general that feels like the game was made using PS1 Resident Evil tank controls, not to mention spotty collison detection and targeting. Having to do that many limb targeting moves and submissions to defeat nattie became such a chore.

Took me 4 tries. WIth like 30-40 min matches the first 2 times, that i lost.

I have no problem with difficulty. I actually prefer it in my wrestling games. But i want the difficulty to be fighting the actual enemy. Not fighting the control scheme and molasses like movement of the characters

Strangely I had more trouble with the reversal change than anything else. Probably because it was the most used button before than has been changed. Had to leave control prompt on for a while and pay attention to it during a few matches but it's mostly good now. Doesn't really change anything for me in terms of gameplay. It's the sluggishness that is the most annoying especially when picking people up (or getting up).

I have chonky fingers, so the need to press two buttons at the same time isn't much of a hassle.

Sure it's a bit clunky, but it's workable... for me.

Honestly, I'm wondering what strange positions people do with their fingers to make it difficult to hit both. I just use my thumb to hit both, and I'd like to say I have pretty average sized hands.

Tbf Nintendo is notorious for never lowering any game prices lmao

Actually, the eshop has insane deals all the time. I download more stuff on Switch than PS4 and Xbox One combined, just because those 90% off deals are too good to pass up.

And those are only the first party Nintendo games that cost $60 for an eternity. :lol: If 2k18 still costs too much, it's because the developer of the game refuses to go lower, not Nintendo.

Atleast they have no excuse for custom music, once and for all. They never had one to begin with. Its priority in the wrestling genre.

I had a dream that they brought back the Million Dollar Challenge but it was a New Day tower ending with Kofi winning the belt. They mocapped him doing the milly rock. Lol

If their cloth/physics guy walked out it would definitely explain why the physics are breaking worse and worse with each patch. Hopefully someone who knows what they're doing especially when it comes to clipping applies.

I was at Walmart today, and I saw 2k20 for 29.99, and the deluxe was still 89.99. Meanwhile, 2k19 was selling better.

They still have the nerve to sell 2K18 on Switch eshop for like $20.

That game barely even functioned on Switch.

Honestly, I've never played it on the Switch. Donkey Kong and Pokemon are the only games I have on the Switch

I was at Walmart today, and I saw 2k20 for 29.99, and the deluxe was still 89.99. Meanwhile, 2k19 was selling better.

Honestly, I've never played it on the Switch. Donkey Kong and Pokemon are the only games I have on the Switch

Are you a fan of RPG and strategy games? I can't recommend FIre Emblem Three Houses, Breath Of The Wild, and Octopath Traveler enough.

Are you a fan of RPG and strategy games? I can't recommend FIre Emblem Three Houses, Breath Of The Wild, and Octopath Traveler enough.

Kinda. Honestly, I mostly play WWE 2k, MLB The Show, Pokemon, Assassin's Creed, and GTA. I just bought the Switch for gaming with family.

Archived