Official WWE 2K20 Discussion Thread II

Jeb ★

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do logos still reset back to their default color when editing them or is that fixed? Guarantee thats still not fixed, they can't seem to fix any simple thing like that.

And they don't even bother trying to fix the image uploader not working, its been like that since launch and we've had like 4 or 5 patches and we haven't had that addressed in any of them, its like they don't see that as a big deal for some reason.

Do logos still reset back to their default color when editing them or is that fixed? Guarantee thats still not fixed, they can't seem to fix any simple thing like that.

And they don't even bother trying to fix the image uploader not working, its been like that since launch and we've had like 4 or 5 patches and we haven't had that addressed in any of them, its like they don't see that as a big deal for some reason.

Really hoped for the logos not to revert back to their original color, but when I created Aldis, and experimented with that, its still the same old shit. The logo will revert back.

Lol i swear it amazes me, 10gb patch, tons of supposed fixes and not anywhere in there did they attempt to address the image uploader, and couldn't even fix a simple thing like getting logos to remain the color you set it after editing them. Seems like they can't do anything, i worry what 2K21 is gonna look like.

And i don't even have to guess material on logos aren't fixed and they still go around the logos and not on them.

Okay, one REALLY cool thing. Michael Cole actually calls the Lifting Underhook Gutbuster the Bloody Cross. I've never seen commentary actually acknowledge a DLC move by its NJPW name before.

Well one positive thing i was playing Universe mode and Andrade came out with Zelina as his manager and she wasn't shrouded in darkness way behind him, she was finally visible and walking right beside him and got into the ring with him and did their pose together. Before the patch mangers for some reason seemed to be covered in dark lighting and trailing behind the wrestler they was managing. And before the patch Zelina wouldn't get into the ring with Andrade but now she does, so theres that which is cool.

They also kinda fixed post match run in with the AI, see before the patch the AI would run out and do one hit and then just stand there and not do anything else, now when the AI runs out they actually keep attacking you until the segment ends, although the audio is still missing from all the moves in the post match run in for some reason....

God dammit 2K, if you're gonna force me to go through these towers to unlock all the moves, do you HAVE to make them so *censored*ing long?

They're only four matches long each, barring the one to unlock Velveteen King, jeez. :lol:
2 matches is too long. I friggin despise towers.

The bug where logos are resetting to their default colors after editing seems to be fixed for me. I mean i put a logo on Balor's trunks colored it green, accepted it, then went back on it and changed it to blue and accepted it and saved the attire and went back on it the logo was still blue.

Guys.. & Girls... (although I assume not as many here)

The issue with NOT being able to unlock the DLC is a regional one. it will have a drop down box for Paid or Free options.

The Issues with the Logos, and wow there are so many yes.

Always Edit your logos into a PNG via paint.net (free) or adobe photoshop. and size them in that application 512x 512, 256x 256 etc before you try to upload via wwe2k20 website

This has been an issue i've seen since 2k15.. and hardly anyone edits logos before the upload.

issues with missing logos is out of my control however.. thats a game bug.

The bug where logos are resetting to their default colors after editing seems to be fixed for me. I mean i put a logo on Balor's trunks colored it green, accepted it, then went back on it and changed it to blue and accepted it and saved the attire and went back on it the logo was still blue.

This issue I gave up on and created my own 256 x256 squares in whatever colour I required. using in game assets kept resetting as you say

I cant bring myself to finish career mode with how shitty it treats the male character.

Does the story get any better? I got to a dream sequence match in the beginning and couldnt really go any further because the story didnt keep my attention. My favorite thing is that you can make Red 5 feet even and you cant do that with caws. Maybe next year.

No the story doesn't get better. I don't even know how to describe it. It's like the male is a half-mark. He's mad that he didn't beat Xpac even though no one really "beats" each other, or he is sad he retired Jerry Lawler in Memphis, because he doesn't realise a "loser leaves town" match is a kayfabe gimmick. The woman is just an unlikeable bint. The type who's all mouth and would crap herself in a real fight. Too high from smelling her own farts. I felt insulted to be a wrestling fan by the story every time I wasn't actively cringing. It was hard to tolerate even when stoned / drunk, and I eventually gave it up.

I, like probably most people, was excited when I first heard theyd be including a female. Then when I found out what the story was, my interest became less and less. Kinda been the story for this whole game. I mean I love the team and appreciate their efforts but damn bro. How do you miss the mark this much? The Buzz story in 2K19 was perfect and made you wanna play it the whole way through.

No the story doesn't get better. I don't even know how to describe it. It's like the male is a half-mark. He's mad that he didn't beat Xpac even though no one really "beats" each other, or he is sad he retired Jerry Lawler in Memphis, because he doesn't realise a "loser leaves town" match is a kayfabe gimmick. The woman is just an unlikeable bint. The type who's all mouth and would crap herself in a real fight. Too high from smelling her own farts. I felt insulted to be a wrestling fan by the story every time I wasn't actively cringing. It was hard to tolerate even when stoned / drunk, and I eventually gave it up.

You REALLY missed the mark by miles there.

A; The matches are treated as real and legit in EVERY season mode WWE has done, not just 2K20.

B: He isn't mad he lost to X-Pac, he's overreacting to being put in a diaper and having talcum powder thrown in his face per the stipulation of the match.

C: It isn't about the gimmick, Lawler is the snarky heel who makes up some BS to get out of the stipulation. Note that if you lose the match he's the first one singing "Na na na na, hey hey goodbye" and doesn't lift a finger to get you out of it.

I will give you, neither player character is particularly likeable, and the writing is bad at times. I'm honestly tempted to write a review on this game, it has a lot of both good and bad.

Its not even about whether its good or bad to me, it just feels insulting. I get they wanted to put over the first female MyCareer PC but the way they just constantly throw the male character under the bus and treat him like he's got an IQ in the negatives just to make the woman seem better is really insulting and cringeworthy. It gets bad enough that I just don't feel like playing forward because every time there's a little bit of pay-off for him it goes "NOPE, now we're gonna treat him like shit again".

It's like they tried to write him as an underdog but didn't recognize when to say "okay thats enough now". He makes friggin Cheeseburger look like Brock Lesnar at times. And yeah, the woman's personality leaves a lot to be desired too. Its like they overcompensated on her to make up for the male character, and went right in the opposite direction so hard they're getting pulled over for illegal u-turns.

I wasn't a big fan of a lot of things in that game, but I feel like WWE 12 did the created characters story pretty well. Built him up as an underdog, and then let him get his moment. None of this shit where they make him so incompetent you're constantly worried he's gonna swallow his own tongue.

Man, WWE12's weird 'WCW 92 Invasion' story could have been so much better with some of the Attitude Era guys from WWE13. 2002 DDP, at least. I would still love to see that WarGames match ported into an actual match with some tweaking, pretty much just having a 'slide into the ring' animation cutscene for the next person on a team.

Archived