Official WWE 2K20 Discussion Thread II

Jeb ★

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I just bought the game on eBay for 23 bucks lol. Definitely dont plan on playing religiously or whatever because my PC modded 19 is way better, but Im interested in the fun themed DLC and fantasy stuff I never got to use. Will just be an exhibition only game for me.

Walked into this Gamestop this other day that had the standard edition for like 20 or 30 bucks, I forget. But the deluxe edition was still at full price lmao

Pre owned $27..should just buy it there

Damn wont even let me cancel the order and he didnt ship. Messaged him.

So I have the game on PC for free but no one ever cracked the updates, so Im stuck with the buggy base game. Meanwhile my PS4 still has the deluxe data on it.

Do you guys think that 2k21 will be less of a dumpster fire that 2k20 is? I've been thinking about it, I think with the developers inexperience with the game and the fact it was just dropped into their lap left them in a bad way and it shows. Now that they have a full development cycle to get more acquainted with the game, will it be an improvement? I personally think it will. I believe 2k19 was one of the best wrestling games I've played in a long time and I think with some time there is no reason why they can't get to that point again.

Plus I hope they bring back some of the old school wrestlers they dropped in 2k20 back being they still have their rights.

Do you guys think that 2k21 will be less of a dumpster fire that 2k20 is? I've been thinking about it, I think with the developers inexperience with the game and the fact it was just dropped into their lap left them in a bad way and it shows. Now that they have a full development cycle to get more acquainted with the game, will it be an improvement? I personally think it will. I believe 2k19 was one of the best wrestling games I've played in a long time and I think with some time there is no reason why they can't get to that point again.

Plus I hope they bring back some of the old school wrestlers they dropped in 2k20 back being they still have their rights.

It really couldn't get worse then this game on release unless 2K21 bricked consoles.

I'm rather surprised and a little bit worried that we haven't heard a thing about the next patch and DLC yet. I can't help but worry that the company has cut their losses on the game.

I'm rather surprised and a little bit worried that we haven't heard a thing about the next patch and DLC yet. I can't help but worry that the company has cut their losses on the game.

At this point? Another patch would probably *Censored* up the game even more considering the lack of vision in their testers.

At this point? Another patch would probably *Censored* up the game even more considering the lack of vision in their testers.

We've already crossed the event horizon, might as well keep trying.

Besides, I want my double underhook brainbuster to work :(

IF we do get another patch and IF it fixes the game to be better? I will play it. It's a damn shame that I haven't touched the game since October. I had plans for Universe Mode before the game released, and I'd like to execute those plans.

I get the feelings that even if they manage to get a decent patch out for 2k20 it'll be too little, too late at this point. An with good reason. I'm glad I canceled my pre-order when I did but I do feel for those who purchased it. They deserve a playable game. Especially so when we've been pumping money into this series for ages now and when things were looking really good, Yukes jumped ship for some reason. Leaving us with this mess. I wonder what set them off?

I mean, the roster and change of controls is what turned me off. I didn't even know how wonky it was until after it's release. I'm hoping they really put their best foot forward and fix it for 2k21. Plus add them legends they removed for no real reason.

I literally can't play the game atm. Can't get worse than this :P

The more time they spend trying to make wwe2k20 playable with close to useless patches the less time they get to spend on wwe2k21..

I assume they would use 2k20 as a base for the next game since it uses more of their code. They arent starting from scratch or want to try figure out more of Yukes code.

I get the feelings that even if they manage to get a decent patch out for 2k20 it'll be too little, too late at this point. An with good reason. I'm glad I canceled my pre-order when I did but I do feel for those who purchased it. They deserve a playable game. Especially so when we've been pumping money into this series for ages now and when things were looking really good, Yukes jumped ship for some reason. Leaving us with this mess. I wonder what set them off?

I mean, the roster and change of controls is what turned me off. I didn't even know how wonky it was until after it's release. I'm hoping they really put their best foot forward and fix it for 2k21. Plus add them legends they removed for no real reason.

Yukes didnt jump ship..2K got rid of them

Really? I head they jumped ship. That doesn't make any sense at all. They actually cared out the product. You definitely could tell they put their hearts into that game. Wow. Learn something new every day.

In an interview with DualShockers, Jinks explicitly states that the split between Yuke's and 2K was not mutual. Jinks is implying that 2K forced the split. It started, apparently, with WWE 2K15. With this iteration of the franchise, 2K was trying to push features that were proving successful in other titles, like NBA 2K. "We wanted to have those types of features or bring the game up to a certain level. And when we did that, that was a year where it was just not that good."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/gamerant.com/wwe-2k20-yukes/amp/

I will give 2k credit for a lot of the creative stuff brought into the series. When the series really turned into 2ks game around 2k15-16 we saw the game finally take some leaps with creations expanding their possibilities and gameplay finally emulating real life matches. I feel that was 2ks decision. Their biggest mess up is they did a horrible job transitioning since them getting rid of yukes is like messing with the foundation of a house. All the pretty shit you put in the house isnt gonna look right if the foundation is all messed up.

I still say Yukes were also a problem, they were very complacent and I cannot possibly imagine that language barrier is fun to deal with.

That said, clearly 2K should've planned this whole thing out thoroughly and well in advance.

I also have to wonder if all these new guys 2K brought on for the team were newbies to the industry or something, because someone somewhere either didnt know what they were doing or did not care.

Every time I turn 2020 on the lighting changes just turn me right off. I'm not even talking about the belts and stage floors pinging white reflections at you, there's this horrible cartoon/shiny quality to created wrestlers that's really off-putting. The community creations page's content looks visually awful.

You know... One thing really strikes home as I try to stabalize and finalize on 2K19 before it's CC servers get killed. I'll be playing the game until at least WWE 2K21 after all, but all problems considered, perhaps forevermore. Anyway, what strikes me? How many things are split-up.

Because of the Create-An-Arena video gltich, in order to not have videos replacing or playing underneath the images I set on the video screens (walls, minitrons etc.) even when I turn movies off or the images to Pattern a; I must use Easy Entrance animations. And I must also go into every CAW's entrance motions and turn-off videos for every screen except for Titantron and Ribbon (aka Minitron). Not finished yet, even if I have the movie display for the electronic boards turned off in CAArena, this doesn't stop them from playing movies in-between superstar entrances. Now I must go into Create A Victory, and turn off every video screen there as well. Why can't this been thrown into Create An Entrance's screens, to reduce all the loading screen waiting? I know, obviously it's not ''entrances'', but you know what I mean.

It's similar to when you Create An Arena, but you cannot use said arena unless you Create A Show. These CAShow settings, or simillar, used to be a tab in CAArena. I don't see why they can't be re-combined.

Create A Video seems to be under-loved. Why can't this mode be folded into Universe Mode, as a blown-up Create A Promo/Story Designer type of element of Universe Mode? etc.

Archived