Official WWE 2K20 Discussion Thread II

Jeb ★

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope next game they go hard to fix it since they really killed the series with this game. If the patches indicate anything, the series is looking really bad. It doesnt seem like the current team still understands the game well since with every fix they create another major flaw.

I know yukes wasnt perfect and messed up with major flaws before but now that they had it right, its going to get weird to have this series without them. Feels like 2k is taking this game into another world with the over the top stuff and slowly fading from the essentials. I hope to be wrong but feels like the goal for them is to transition this to feel like the next mortal kombat.

Haven't played the game for 17 days now - that has NEVER happened before with a wwe video game...

That kinda says it all..

Must admit, I put it down about 2 weeks ago and i'm not really finding any desire to go back again. This has never really happened to me with a WWE game.

I went back to 2K19 and was pleasantly surprised at how fluid it felt in comparison. 2K20 just feels pedestrian and clunky, gameplay wise.

For every good point they have, they have to put their thumb in their own eye and ours.

We are being drip fed new moves and hairstyles, which is great in theory.

The problem is that the 2 new hairstyles we have are so outrageously bad they don't even look real. Could you imagine if a new hair style was, say, Bailey's new hair?

And that new moves and hairstyles are locked behind something (a tower, Road To Glory mode etc). That I don't agree with at all, first because I bought an unlock all accelerator and second because I simply don't care to play those modes and am being forced to.

Exhibition and Universe and Creation Modes, with no locked items between them and a steady streme of new moves, caw pieces, other creation pieces is the way to go for sure. Hell they've even shown us that they can give us arenas (great balls of fire, 2017?), modes (CABelt, 2019) and match/match creator rule changes (Elimination Battle Royals, 2018?) in patches as well. There's really no limit.

Update - having said the above, I thought i'd turn on 2020 for the first time in who knows how long and give those towers a go. All I have to say is what is this boring crap? A full tower of falls count anywhere matches as ricochet, with a diving move damage boost applied, so I just cheese the AI and literally waste my time to unlock some locked moves. Same as with Roman, this looks like it will be all ladder matches. Knock down, get ladder, let AI go 99% of pull-down meter, then do the last one myself. This is tedious shit.

Is there actually anyone who logs on each day to get their Towers fix? This is pathetic.

I love and despise this game, I started playing it to take a break from Vampyr and stay off Fifa for a bit, I had this amazing match with Finn Balor and Buddy Murphy, no glitches, just a fun wrestling match. I started to enjoy it forgetting a glitch could happen, then I went to load up my next match and it *censored*ing crashed.

I honestly thought going online and having fun with other fans would sorta save it but the matches crash over half the time. Thats where we are right now. Still looking forward to new moves to come...theyve been fun. I wish there was a little more transparency about what theyre scheming for 2K21 to combat this year and its problems. People with any insider knowledge only gain traction because we are getting nothing from people actually involved with the product presently, aside from our friend(s), who have to try not to be too specific about what is said publicly.

havent read much of anything just wanna ask if this game is playable now. havent played it since October.

yes. Its much more playable. As far as crazy things wont happen anymore. But its still not that good.

there are still a lot of issues with the game. Its still a frustrating experience to play. Just less so i guess.

TBH i can barely bring myself to play it at this point. I would just completely ignore it and go back to 2k19. But my 2k19 save file corrupted recently. So im sol.

Granted I don't play these games much over the past few years, I make original/real caws and pit them against each other in computer vs computer Universe sims...

How long has the gameplay been so... clunky? You press a button for a move, and it's a 1-3 second wait to see if it comes out correctly, because your opponent is locked into some animation frames. You go to grapple on the ground, and your guy pauses, walks a bit, then does something - but not always the move you intended them to do. Ladder matches are an exercise in frustration, with functions like picking up a ladder, opening it up, climbing it was then reaching for case having me scrambling on L1 and R1 trying desperately to remember which one does which - I'm sure this all used to he one button, R1, didn't it? Reversals don't always come out when you time them right. AI seems particularly reversal heavy this year. Irish whips feel hit or miss if they let you control the direction you want the opponent to go in. All these things used to be fluid and easy to do.

2020 just isn't fun to "play" for me. This is made worse by forcing me to play it, going up towers and such to unlock the moves I want. How much of these ass controls/movement animations are 2020, or just modern wwe games in general?

Popping in to ask the same question I've been asking since the game came out...do created arenas and championships actually work properly yet? I keep wanting to play this game...but I can't bring myself to do it unless those two things actually work.

Nope but those issues probably have to do with logo issues.

Just out of curiosity how would you guys feel if they remade the game from the ground up? Keeping moves of course but changing mechanics to shit easier to them. Feels like thats the best solution to them since they cant seem to dig into this game without damaging something.

I would prefer they figure out the current mechanics as bad as its looking. The way the game played in 2k19 was great. Visually it was great and matches played out close to real life high quality matches. I thought the worry for future games wouldve been just too much of the same since it reached such a high level.

Popping in to ask the same question I've been asking since the game came out...do created arenas and championships actually work properly yet? I keep wanting to play this game...but I can't bring myself to do it unless those two things actually work.

This is hit and miss at the moment. It depends on the creator and when they were uploaded. Between 1.03? and 1.06 arenas were working fine if they were re-uploaded. Anything after 1.06 (20th Dec?) will most likely have images disappear. There are workarounds but a bit more effort as a creator. Also most creators already lined things up before finding out about this issue so it's more than 1 image that would need editing/saving and then replacing. I think we'll have to use the uploader again to get stuff like it was before 1.06 when they fix it. But hopefully that'll be proved wrong.

EDIT: Also crashing is apparently still an issue (been years now) when using created arenas and CAWs.

What's the deal with that advert on 2k.. Locker codes for the rumble this weekend that unlock Austin and rock?

sorry if this is technically hotlinking,

EO-lNp4UEAEyMr7.jpg

Wait.. so they wanna sell new players the game for more that its been on sale for before.. and give them a pitiful 15,000 vc. when chances are most people that have bought this 1) unlock for fun or 2) buy the accelerator thing.

I don't get how these codes work tho? did they do anything for 2k19?

Just out of curiosity how would you guys feel if they remade the game from the ground up? Keeping moves of course but changing mechanics to shit easier to them. Feels like thats the best solution to them since they cant seem to dig into this game without damaging something.

I would prefer they figure out the current mechanics as bad as its looking. The way the game played in 2k19 was great. Visually it was great and matches played out close to real life high quality matches. I thought the worry for future games wouldve been just too much of the same since it reached such a high level.

If they could add the new moves in a second move pack to 2k19 and the new characters in a dlc bundle I would buy that. It is a few more things I would like but I dont think they could break something with just those.

Is this game playable yet/worth it? $20 on Microsoft store is a little tempting, lending the answer(s) haha

If you want to play mycareer, showcase, and exhibition it is playable. If you want to do online, use the creation suite, use cc, or universe mode then you will run into some problems.

I honestly wouldn't bother, dude. Was fun for a couple of days, then I realised all the matches felt the same, very sluggish in comparison to 2K19, and very dull. MyCareer is fine if you can get past the dreadful graphics and audio, and the fact the male character is beaten so hard in to the ground.

Only cool new things are custom weapon wheels (and unlockable weapons), and ability to use tables in HIAC. That's it.

If you can live without the above 2 points, leave it. Everything else is superior in 2K19.

Archived