PSA: Do NOT let your system’s clock tick over into 2020 (Causes CAW, MyPlayer & Community Creations to crash)

King RyderFan

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably a sign for the people who won't give up on this gave. You are still trying to find some enjoyment in the areas that kind of work. Well how about this.

I know really they didn't plan this and are trying to offer some extra content with the towers but they already have enough negative press about this game. They need to test this things more thoroughly. And if it was a small hard to trigger bug I could see that but something that break nearly everything mode should have been pretty easy to spot with even a little testing.

I was concerned about trophy time stamps doing this but I remember it isn't on my main psn so I shouldn't care if they does look off.

You know what...the other stuff was kind of excusable. It was garbage...but they were working on it little by little. BUT...at this point, after THIS...they really do need to have a make-good offer. And it needs to not be something bogus like a "free originals attire". It needs to be something substantial. Because...YOUR GAME DON'T WORK, BRO.

Also, someone should edit the title of this topic to reflect the fact that this is a clock issue, not related to the Ricochet content.

While this bug is by far the worst with all areas (most anyway) affected and clearly caused by a change made by VC (most others were problems affecting previous games), for me this is more excusable (than the rest anyway) because testing would not show the bug unless the clock was set to 2020 on console or computer and I don't think many developers would test for that (at least before this).

However like most bugs in 2K20 there is a simple workaround so the time taken to fix should be small but this hasn't happened for others and no fix within a few days really would be unacceptable this time. Set my system clock to Christmas Day so if it isn't fixed in around a week I'm out.

holy *Censored*, this game needed more QA time for sure and if this isnt a wake up call for the WWE to give the dev's more time to develop their game, then nothing is.

Lol, thats a funny joke man. WWE, giving a shit, thats hilarious.

I dont want 2K with the license anymore. I just dont. Theres no coming back for them after this year. Just horrible.

I don't agree with this. I still do think 2K20 has a lot to enjoy/appreciate. It's just a lot of really broken infrastructure under the hood. Honestly, the best thing would be if WWE secretly had another company working on an alternate game during this entire time...and they can release that game in October, and then bring 2K back in 2021. I know there were rumors of Yukes making a wrestling game...but it never really became clear what that was/is...and it probably isn't WWE related at all. Anyway...the biggest thing to come from all of this, is that WWE shouldn't have a single franchise each year, because the potential to miss the mark is too high. Back when we got two or even three WWE games in a year, at least one of them would usually be good...because the different developers were competing to outdo each other.

I thought 2k was the best thing to happen to this series. Thought they would do what they did with the nba games in terms of stimulation gameplay and they did. Then dropping yukes somehow showed their true colors which was a big wtf. Who knew they would kill the gameplay and just bring over the top fantasy shit.

Christ guys it was a disaster of a game but it was still one game, and if you don't think Yukes is responsible for a lot of the previous issues then I've got some bad news for you.

Some members who clearly didn't bother doing their job need to get fired, but giving the licence to someone else is NOT going to just suddenly fix everything; those issues that have been plaguing the series are going to follow it.

Yeah I wouldnt give up on 2k tbh

I couldnt see any developer make something that would be more dedicated other than ea who would probably do worse. I do think 2k has great potential to fix it but in the path theyre going seems to be taking some big steps back that will be affecting future games. I hope to be wrong though and that next game is something thats going to impress like the transition from 2k15 to 2k16.

Archived