Official Royal Rumble Discussion Thread

Jmerc

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I honestly loved that mens Rumble. Brock eliminating people like that REALLY got Drew over. Not to mention, him eliminating Roman also really did it. Proud of how good these guys did.

But lets talk about Edge for just a freakin minute. I dove off the couch. ?

Everybody thought it was gonna be Drew so atleast they were right. I missed most of the past few months of TV so I didnt see Drew in this light but Im all for it

He was basically the only one who cared for it. Reminded me of Del Rio when he won.

I woke up today thinking it shouldve been Big E and its hard to steer me in another direction. Edge was cool but I wasnt invested in anyone at the end really.

I was hating the Men's Rumble after the first 5 to 6 entrants. It definitely got better after Keith and Braun entered.

Drew eliminating Brock after he went on a rampage was amazing. Knew right then that he was gonna win. It would have been *censored*ing dumb if he hadn't. It was even better that Drew eliminated Reigns, too.

the payoff itself was good sure... but as an hour long match to watch. eh... idk.

the first half was boring, and when Drew did his stuff, it would be stupid if he didn't win really

can't say I enjoyed it that much honestly.

it was surreal to se Edge in that shape too, that was dope.

My heart is full. That was legit one of my favourite Rumbles ever. McIntyre winning is a long time coming for him, and Im proud of my fellow Scotsman! That reaction when he eliminated Lesnar was legendary. And of course, EDGE! I literally shouted so loudly at like 3/4am but it was so worth it, I legit had goosebumps. I cant remember the last time I had that feeling whilst watching WWE.

Hats off to Lesnar for wearing his working boots tonight.

I really enjoyed that Rumble. Was well paced, and had several good moments. Only downside is a lot of cool guys getting dumped out quickly, but in general I was entertained so it was a small price to pay.

And yes, I teared up seeing Edge nearly tear up

Guess I'll be changing my sig later this week. Oh man. My heart.

I was thinking of you for real

Just got back from my buddies place watching the show. First WWE show I've watched in months and I'm all over the place.

Charlotte winning the Womens Rumble is a super boring choice. And Sasha wasn't even in there? So....Charlotte vs either Becky or Bayley at Mania now? Meh. Been there done that.

Fiend vs Bryan was alright. But janky as hell watching Fiend matches knowing that it takes like 19 finishers to even hurt him.

Becky vs Asuka was awesome as expected.

The mens rumble was....man, just weird. They booked the absolute best option to win it, and managed to feature an epic return, while also booking half the members to look like garbage for the sake of Lesnar's lame ass. I dunno, kinda felt like a metaphor for WWE. For every two great things to happen, 15 shitty ones need to happen first.

Very happy for Drew. Very happy for Edge. Brock can *censored* off.

Honestly, I don't see how anyone can hate Brock's performance tonight. Guy sold his arse off for everyone to some degree, even if it was just a handful of punches before they got dumped over the rope, and as for the people he eliminated, if anyone expected an Erick Rowan or a Shelton Benjamin to win I have an :lol: for you. Speaking of Shelton, I love how they touched upon Lesnar's history with guys like Shelton and Nakamura, even briefly. Kofi got a measure of redemption for his squash last decade by bring the first guy to survive til the next entrant, Ricochet got a measure of revenge with the dick kick, setting up my second favourite moment of the Rumble, McIntyre kicking Lesnar over the rope. THAT is how you put someone over, pun intended. If Brock came out this looking like a million dollars Drew came out of it looking like three million. Another couple of details I loved were Brock gradually getting more and more tired as the eliminations went on, as well as him going straight to pounding anyone who went after Heyman, be it verbally like Elias or physically like MVP. Given how many heels over the years have not really given a shit about their managers, such as The Million Dollar Man and Virgil or Alberto Del Rio and Ricardo Rodriguez, it's nice to see one who does. Honestly, there are so many little details I could pull from this Rumble with or without Brock Lesnar that I could be here til 2021, the best booked Rumble I have ever seen.

Has there been any reports on what's going on with Sasha?

I was surprised she wasn't in the rumble match or even at ringside for Bayleys match. Also the fact she hasn't done anything on SD in a while even though announced, makes me wonder what's going on behind the scenes.

Archived