Official Royal Rumble Discussion Thread

Jmerc

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*Censored* it, BRING THE GREATEST ROYAL RUMBLE TO THE STATES.

Not if it means I gotta see Dan Matha again :hqhq:

RAW Women's Championship Match
Singles Match
Becky Lynch © vs. WWE Women's Tag Team Champion Asuka (w/ Kairi Sane)
fT0XhZj.png

SmackDown Women's Championship Match

Singles Match

Bayley © vs. Lacey Evans

hxSQtuJ.png

I just realised that the background images on the SD womens title match is also Becky and Asuka :lol:

I know some hated it, but

40 man Royal Rumble>

Agreed tbh

For sure. The only reason it had mixed reception IMO was because they used way too long a chunk to push stables taking over. New Nexus dominated for like 6-7 numbers, then Cena/Hornswoggle made people look like idiots for the next 4.

The match started fun af with Punk & Bryan, and a ton of low carders getting some fun ass spots (Ryder's assisted Rough Ryder, Chavo suplexing everyone until he pulled off the 3 Amigos). I don't remember too much of the later parts, other than Alberto winning being kinda meh since he had literally just debuted like 2-3 months prior.

I kinda wish Big E would win the Rumble. Then Mania would be in his hometown so hed get a huge reaction, hed be the second new day member in a row to main event mania, and then people would get on Twitter and petition for Woods to get his shot, and all 3 might be former world champions by the time its said and done. Big E could be a main eventer tomorrow if they felt like going for it.

Credit:pwinsider

Santino Marella

is in town for wwe this weekend and could work either Rumble matches (I doubt he'll work any at all)

Lots of news on the womans rumble from pwinsider

There's been no talk of Ronda Rousey being there this weekend. If she is coming in, it's being well hidden by management. However, it's interesting to note WWE's website added a new Rousey t-shirt this weekend for sale.

You can expect a LOT of WWE NXT talents to be involved in the Rumble. Shayna Baszler is slated to compete in the Rumble match. We are also told that Mercedes Martinez will be working the Rumble, which will be the major PPV debut for the long-time independent star, a major personal milestone.

Ruby Riott has been spotted in Houston, but there is no word if she will be returning tonight.

No sign of Nia Jax yet as of this writing.

Molly Holly has been brought in and will be competing in the Rumble.

WWE Hall od Famer Beth Phoenix will be competing in the Rumble.

Sasha Banks is scheduled to work the Rumble.

As of last night, there were no plans for Becky Lynch or Asuka in the Rumble match.

Archived