Official Royal Rumble Discussion Thread

Jmerc

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Shitty copies" of something that is at least halfway decent or good to begin with, are, by proxy, at least a little bit decent or good.

"Just shit" is always shit...

Not really. Would you say the same if the belts were pink and green or any other form of a horrible clash of colours, provided they were "decent" in their original form?

Just saw your edit. Bad pizza is still bad.

I know WWE is obsessed with Lesnar but why do they literally always take the most stupid route with him? What's the *censored*ing point of having him enter the Rumble when he's the WWE Champion, and that too #1 basically confirming thathe's just going to dominate most of the match, get the most eliminations, and make this one of the most boring Rumbles to sit through?

Pretty sure it's literally just because they have no ideas for singles matches that anyone would give a *Censored* to see. They put the belt on Brock because they have a hard-on for Brock...but they don't know what to actually do with him, since he's already buried everyone. So...this kinda makes more sense than anything else. Especially if it allows some interesting interactions that we would otherwise not see...like the Riddle scenario.

The Riddle scenario is going to play out as it follows:

.Brock Lesnar eliminates the first 3 or 4 people in Rumble with ease

.Matt Riddle's theme hits to a huge pop

.Lesnar no-sells a knee strike and maybe two more moves of Riddle to eliminate him

.Reports about Vince McMahon and some other producers backstage being surprised about the reaction Riddle got

.Riddle is called up to Raw and has no direction heading into Mania

Just saying...there is a lot of potentially cool stuff that is could/should and probably will happen with Brock entering the Rumble at number one (and literally interacting with every single person who enters the ring thereafter). Brock vs WALTER, Brock vs Riddle, Brock vs Keith Lee, Rey Mysterio going after Brock, etc.

Hell...I also think that Dominic might be in the rumble...and they could even be setting up for him to get a surprise elimination on Lesnar. There's a lot to be interested in, IMO. So...I don't get the complaints about it. What singles match would people honestly rather see Brock in?

Seems like that the winner has to face the champ of his own brand? Right, I mean, Roman has to face The Fiend and win the Royal Rumble, so why just not put a barrier so we don't have to explain the fact why would Roman choose The fiend instead of Brock... Besides, Roman can't win Elimination Chamber back to back for a WM main event...

And I fully expect for Cain to enter the rumble and eliminate Brock. And they've put him in just because they have no idea how to write Cain again into the story... And him entering he match just confirms that there will be a SD winner, beacuse it would look dumb as shit if the winner would face the champ that was eliminated in the same match... There is also the FOX variable, as it would make sense that they would want a RR winner there...

I mean, it really wouldn't make any sense for KO to go and face Brock at Wrestlemania...

I just hope that they do away with Brock vs Cain in Saudi Arabia again before WM... but I kinda doubt it.

Other then then being busy there is no good storyline reason why Brock shouldn't be facing Seth right now. He beat Brock clean twice last year and since Brock is about avenging defeats, coming off beating Cain you would think he would go after Seth.

Hell Wwe could even pause this current storyline and have AOP help Seth win the title than Joe or KO win the rumble and we go back to where we are now.

Dang, these guys really put Lesnar in the Rumble? Hope you guys liked when Punk's Nexus and Cena's Hornswoggle faction took turns just throwing people out one by one, because I think you're in for a lot of that.

More like the Rumble when Kane and Big Show unceremoniously tossed everyone out like trash.

Anyway, I don't expect this to be anything like any of those scenarios...because Brock is actually entertaining, and this is probably to set up for something at Mania. I doubt he gets too many eliminations in before someone gets the upset elimination and pisses him off. My money is on him tossing out 5 or 6 people in the beginning...looking like he's unstoppable...and then being eliminated by a wildcard. If anything, it might help the rumble by getting rid of some of the guys who we absolutely know aren't going to win it.

Archived