WWE's Best & Worst Years of the Decade?

St★rstruck

Gonna do this as a list kind of thing...

All of this is in the context of WWE only

Wrestler of the Decade: CM Punk / Johnny Gargano / Daniel Bryan

Tag-Team of the Decade: The New Day (who else could it be?)

Rookie of the Decade: Charlotte Flair

Old-timer of the Decade (debut prior to 2000): The Undertaker/Chris Jericho

Return of the Decade: Brock Lesnar

PPV of the Decade (excluding NXT TakeOvers here): Money in the Bank 2011

Tournament of the Decade: Honestly a tie between the first Dusty Rhodes Tag-Team Classic, Cruiserweight Classic and the two NXT Women's Championship tournaments, for what they stood for

Match of the Decade: CM Punk vs. John Cena / Shawn Michaels vs. The Undertaker II / Andrade "Cien" Almas vs. Johnny Gargano

Feud of the Decade: Daniel Bryan vs. The Miz / Daniel Bryan vs. The Authority

Worst Feud of the Decade: Randy Orton vs. John Cena

Botched Push of the Decade: Baron Corbin / Drew McIntyre / Jinder Mahal

Best Year of the Decade: 2011 for SD!, 2013 for Raw

Worst Year of the Decade: 2019 for SD!, 2015 for Raw

It's always hard for me to remember WWE by years, especially in this decade. And since I always look at it more seasonal as from Wrestlemania to Wrestlemania.

I'd say maybe the one with the brand split. 2016? That freshened it up all around. Even though at the beginning of 2017, Wyatt won the WWE title at EC which was also good, but had that bs with Goldberg lol.

@LEGION. I'd swap Gargano with Bryan. And probably put him over CM Punk too. I mean, 2011-2013 CM Punk did a lot with what he was given and it did shook up a lot of things. But he retired in 2014. Bryan did unimaginable things during the whole decade, and still pushes the envelope.

Gonna do this as a list kind of thing...

All of this is in the context of WWE only

Wrestler of the Decade: CM Punk/Johnny Gargano

Tag-Team of the Decade: The New Day (who else could it be?)

Rookie of the Decade: Charlotte Flair

Old-timer of the Decade (debut prior to 2000): The Undertaker/Chris Jericho

Return of the Decade: Brock Lesnar

PPV of the Decade (excluding NXT TakeOvers here): Money in the Bank 2011

Tournament of the Decade: Honestly a tie between the first Dusty Rhodes Tag-Team Classic, Cruiserweight Classic and the two NXT Women's Championship tournaments, for what they stood for

Match of the Decade: CM Punk vs. John Cena / Shawn Michaels vs. The Undertaker II / Andrade "Cien" Almas vs. Johnny Gargano

Feud of the Decade: Daniel Bryan vs. The Miz / Daniel Bryan vs. The Authority

Worst Feud of the Decade: Randy Orton vs. John Cena

Botched Push of the Decade: Baron Corbin / Drew McIntyre / Jinder Mahal

Best Year of the Decade: 2011 for SD!, 2013 for Raw

Worst Year of the Decade: 2019 for SD!, 2015 for Raw

I was saying Shane McMahon because no one saw that coming

Stealing Legion's thing

Wrestler of the Decade: Importance to Wrestling: CM Punk / In Ring: Johnny Gargano

Tag-Team of the Decade: The Revival

Rookie of the Decade: Velveteen Dream

Old-timer of the Decade (debut prior to 2000): Chris Jericho - With The List and JeriKO, no one even comes close

Return of the Decade: The Hardy's - Still rewatch their return from time to time

PPV of the Decade : Money in the Bank 2011

Tournament of the Decade: Cruiserweight Classic

Match of the Decade: CM Punk vs. John Cena - MitB 2011

Feud of the Decade: Tomasso Ciampa vs Johnny Gargano

Worst Feud of the Decade: Rusev vs Ziggler maybe?

Botched Push of the Decade: Bray Wyatt, over and over again

Best Year of the Decade: 2016

Worst Year of the Decade: 2019, but shout out to 2015

I think they do honestly and that his legacy is certafied with what he has done in those few years.

However, Bryan as an all around performer also had a huge impact in WWE in this decade. On screen and behind it. To be fair, CM Punk constantly was given shit cards to play with though.

Don't even think people realize how legitimately important Punk was to the WWE, who knows if the company is in the state that its in right now if he doesn't drop that pipebomb on RAW. Even him coming back to just shit talk the product on TV could be super important.

That plan speech u can say if it had any effect or not I think people overstated how much an impact that had

Don't even think people realize how legitimately important Punk was to the WWE, who knows if the company is in the state that its in right now if he doesn't drop that pipebomb on RAW. Even him coming back to just shit talk the product on TV could be super important.

That plan speech u can say if it had any effect or not I think people overstated how much an impact that had

Nope. That speech, and Punk's subsequent comments, all really opened a lot of eyes that WWE wasn't really that magic wonderland that every talent should strive for. I think that one promo turned a lot of casual viewers into ones that were more willing to check out some other kinds of wrestling outside of WWE. It really was an important promo for the world of pro wrestling.

Archived