Robert Roode and Primo Colon Suspended for Wellness

.Nëro

WWE has suspended Robert Roode and Eddie Colón (Primo) each for 30 days effective immediately for a first violation of the company's talent wellness policy.

From WWE.Com

Nero

Epico just won the world title in his dad's promotion, I think lol But yeah, they're still in WWE. I remember Savio Vega mentioned in a shoot interview that they are trying to leave though and that they have contacted Carlito a few times to come back.

Primo and Epico both wrestle regularly in Puerto Rico, just like UK talent still wrestling in brit indies.

I know. I wonder if he can't fight there whilst suspended.

WWE star Primo Colon was recently suspended for violating the companys Wellness Policy, but he claims it wasnt because of a failed test.

During a recent interview with Primera Hora, Primo aka Eddie Colón said he was suspended for not showing up to take a drug test in October.

I was not on the road, I was not scheduled for any event in the near future, he told the publication. I am in Puerto Rico when they call me suddenly, not to use me, but to travel to do a doping test. I was ready to do it, but I told them that I was in Puerto Rico and that I was willing to go to a place that they chose to test me without any problem, without any discomfort. I was not going to pay for a trip to just get tested for doping.

I didnt hear anything from the company about it and I thought they were going to call me when they found a place to do the test. Almost two months pass and I get the letter that I am suspended, according to them, because I refused to take the test. And that is not correct. They took it as I was out of the country, but I was available, Colon added.

The 36-year-old wrestler says he plans to appeal the suspension.

As we first reported, Bobby Roode was suspended alongside Primo for violating the Wellness Policy.

I dont want them to say that I failed because that is totally false and incorrect, he continued. They usually do their doping test at events, someone appears there to collect the urine of fighters, employees, referees to do their evaluation once a month. I did not say anything positive. I was in Puerto Rico. I have to clarify it because my reputation is worth more than any check.

Primo also clarified that hes under contract with WWE until October 2020, hes just not being used.

https://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/primo-colon-reason-wellness-policy-violation/

Sounds like similar bullshit that happened to Hornswoggle(?) once. He just failed to provide a sample on time.

well yeah, but UFC and USADA are a little bit different.

I mean, if he wasn't even in the country and suggested they talk about how to do it, and they didn't even give him an answer for two months... that's on the shitty side for me.

I mean, I get it, rules are rules. But it's not as if it's one of your active wrestlers are on a holiday in Mexico and they call you up to do the test. Again, if it's true what he is saying, then it could also be a situation where it's that somebody just wrote it up as he refused and that's it. Nobody bother to look into it.

I dont blame WWE or Primo on this one. Its just one of those unfortunate situations. Obv I dont have any info on this but most companies use 3rd parties for drug test. Yes it could be WWE contacting all that are needed but WWE might not have a say on rescheduling or setting something else up if they wanted. Again unfortunate but when companies need something like this done, its better to just do it to avoid any hassle in the future.

I definitely blame WWE on that, since they're not using Primo at all on their shows and other part-timers and Triple H get to skip the testing aswell.

They might not get to choose who gets tested and when. Its prob a pool/list of employees that WWE provides to a 3rd party and then that company lets WWE whos next to be tested.

I definitely blame WWE on that, since they're not using Primo at all on their shows and other part-timers and Triple H get to skip the testing aswell.

They might not get to choose who gets tested and when. Its prob a pool/list of employees that WWE provides to a 3rd party and then that company lets WWE whos next to be tested.

IF that were the case, Primo's issue wouldn't exist and again...

Part timers aren't in the testing pool anyway

Archived