Former Dev: WWE 2K21 "not looking good, either"

xphen0m

A: they'd have to make damn sure it comes out practically bugless.

B: They'd have to have a plan in place for proper gameplay improvement expansions.

C: no limits on logos or CAW amount.

D: *censored*ing no gouging the playerbase with MTs that are ridiculous.

E: WWE would need to sign off on that.

If they could accomplish all of those, then I could see a live service WWE game working. Otherwise I think it would just turn out worse.

A: If they get proper dev time that wouldn't be an issue

B: I can see them having that

C: I can see there still being a limit on logos for sever stability reasons, and a very high CAW limit (approx. 1,000)

D: Theyve had the license for like half a decade and havent put MTs in, I dont think they will if the series goes GTA/Minecraft style

E: That's the only issue I can see.

A: Unfortunately thats the problem, it just ain't going to happen unless WWE approves a pre-plan.

B: it would actually be a cool idea. Could use the minecraft system of releasing snapshots for community testing

C: that wouldn't be too bad, as long as that logo limit is suitably high.

D: Not yet, but WWE is a comparatively low priority game under the 2K umbrella. Turning it into a Live Service game, however, is going to get dollar signs in Take Twos eyes. Plus lets be honest here, Live Service games are just easier to take advantage of players with MTs in.

E: The problem is the guys in WWE who actually need to sign off on it are, i doubt, the same people in the company with any understanding of video games. All they'd hear is "we need an extra year or two and won't release more games after the next one, but it might make more money, trust us". All they're going to hear is "less money now for risk later".

Don't get me wrong if 2K could hit all five of those points I would be ecstatic for a live service game. Big if, though.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i am completely fine with microtransactions for cosmetics or whatever. As long as its reasonably priced.

Like if they want to sell a brand new attire that someone just debuted on TV or something. I see no problem with that.

There are nearly endless things they could sell. Skins, clothing parts, arenas, moves, weapons, hair styles etc.

Here's my take on it: MTs in a WWE game, no matter how you spin it, would decimate the already thinning base this series has. People do not take kindly to MTs in any game, and especially in games not needing MTs or having MTs implemented. The series, after 2k20, is at the worst it's been ever. Something I can't believe I'm saying.

If they got MTs and went live service it would be a huge stink at the worst possible point. YouTubers would tear the game a new one. The last thing they need are bloggers like Jim Sterling and YongYea (sic) telling people "hey this game ain't it".

While I do see the good of it, specifically new cosmetic only updates and the game going into "Seasons" like Tekken and Street Fighter...I'd rather not have a firestorm of controversy clouding the games.

i am completely fine with microtransactions for cosmetics or whatever. As long as its reasonably priced.

Like if they want to sell a brand new attire that someone just debuted on TV or something. I see no problem with that.

There are nearly endless things they could sell. Skins, clothing parts, arenas, moves, weapons, hair styles etc.

thats dlc

MT is loot boxes and what not.

thats dlc

MT is loot boxes and what not.

not necessarily.

I play a ton of Destiny 2. And a big complaint are the microtransactions have become more prominent. Not just in the sequel but since Bungie left Activision.

Yes they have loot boxes. But they've kinda eased up on that a little bit, to allow you to buy the items piece meal.

I been playing Apex Legends lately. And that has an ingame store. Basically any game with an ingame store has microtransactions. They just sell skins mostly. My complaint is they are too expensive. Its like $10 for a skin.

Titanfall 2 & Watch Dogs 2. Two other games i love have this as well. Great games. But they do have tons of little microtransactions. If u want to buy mech skins....gun skins..in Titanfall...new clothing for ur character or paint jobs for ur car in Watch Dogs.

none of it is essential to gameplay. And its all extra cosmetic stuff u can buy for a fee. Technically its DLC i guess. But we're not talking about some DLC drop u pay $20 for a get a bunch of content. Its more like a ton of small individual things u buy.

if you pay and get the item directly, it's dlc

MT is when its random and loot boxes etc

so yes, its "technically" dlc. asking to get MT, is asking for random chance with loot boxes

if you pay and get the item directly, it's dlc

MT is when its random and loot boxes etc

so yes, its "technically" dlc. asking to get MT, is asking for random chance with loot boxes

https://www.pcgamesn.com/destiny-2/destiny-2-eververse-microtransactions-bright-engrams

SwWaBea.png

cLtDHmM.png

vjUcUcZ.png

im fairly certain that if WWE 2K became a Game as a Service...and had a little shop that sold taunts, weapons, hair parts etc, individually... with a weekly refresh. It would be considered microtransactions.

Would it piss some ppl off? Certainly. Would i buy a Jushin Liger taunt for $1? certainly

gotta take the bad with the good sometimes i think.

Archived