Former Dev: WWE 2K21 "not looking good, either"

xphen0m

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bro... you're kidding, right? You're trolling, surely? People are pissed-off because everything is *censored*ed now... duh!

Take Two's boss (2K's parent company) is hell bent on pushing microtransactions/dlc (hence Bump In The Night DLC being all they communicated about - before the glitches, and things being locked behind that mode's completion as opposed to being unlocked by the 'Unlock All' Accellerator). Also maximizing player retention (hence grinding mechanics like Towers, and things from normal caw mode locked behind Prestige Points, which means repeated run-throughs of Towers Mode. Or parts being locked behind Road To Glory).

2K's developer team aren't interested in fixing the game, hell they barely seem interested in wrestling itself. The gameplay is going away from simulation, and more arcadey crap and gimmicky weapons and payback like a book of the dead. Their time and effort went towards monsters and zombies. They clearly want the game to be Mortal Kombat, or mobile tripe like WWE Immortals. They openly celebrate Yukes not being around anymore to tell them not to do that shit anymore -

https://youtu.be/5407MZV1SNg?t=489

They openly laugh at the requests for GM Mode, and can't keep from laughing when saying 'so it's not like we don't listen to you guys'...

https://youtu.be/0yTA-xkjMF0?t=207

We're 3 patches-in for a game that traditionally only gets 4 patches, if memory serves correctly. Still no CABelt or fixes to the game-breaking glitches in sight. But you can bet your ass they MAKE SURE to patch the few positive glitches we have, like hair/beard shortening.

2019's Community Creation servers will be turned-off next May. We can't even stay on that game forever.

2K own Yuke's engine. Whatever Yukes takes years to make, it won't be the same gameplay, just with a different name.

Seriously, do I need to continue?

Dude. I understand that the game is a buggy mess. But people make declarations about "never buying these games again" and even worse "they need to beg Yukes to come back".

That's the over top kind of shit that makes publishers and developers not take the internet serious. Just look at Pokemon or Call of Duty or the Arkham Series. Or any Bethesda game in the future.

It also completely neglects the shit of the past decade, where people were actually nonstop complaining about Yukes. We have every right to be bad for the game, but no need to be a melodramatic teen about it.

"I'm never talking to you again" "I'm going back to Justin!"

it never even crossed my mind that 2k21 wouldn't be on next gen consoles. I just assumed it would i guess.

I still think it will be. Because 2k14 was a THQ game. Doesn't 2K have a history of being cross gen?

Like i swear didn't they make 2K basketball games on PS2 still...till just a couple years ago?

Well if these systems are backwards compatible as rumored, they shouldn't have to release it on next gen until they're ready to take advantage of the new tech

Has the issue with CAA where after you create an arena and then you go back to that arena only to get a message saying that the data is outdated and then once you're able to view your arena, things are misplaced? I've been working on my NXT Takeover Wargames 2019 arena and everytime I go in for further work, things are either moved around or the game goes with the error message and the blue report screen. This is seriously frustrating. Either I'm going back to 2K19 or start with COD MW. Just bring THQ back or maybe let EA Sports take a shot at a WWE Game.

Just go back to 2k19. It's easier than dealing with bullcrap.

There's actually a petition going around to keep the 2k19 servers up for another year.

Honestly this would be the honorable thing to do. Leave them up for at least another year, but wouldn't surprise me if they closed them down even earlier than usual to try and get some more sales of 2k20 instead.

With the word of mouth for 2k20, that would be a hella douchey thing to do and just add bad blood.

By now, everyone knows the state of 2k20. People who don't play wrestlers know the state of 2k20. Hell, people that don't even play games know the state of 2k20. 19's servers being down or not, if you know what you know about 2k20, by no means will shutting down 19 early influence a person to get 2k20. Only fixing 2k20 will boost the sales of 2k20 aside of a huge price cut, and even then...

Dude. I understand that the game is a buggy mess. But people make declarations about "never buying these games again" and even worse "they need to beg Yukes to come back".

That's the over top kind of shit that makes publishers and developers not take the internet serious. Just look at Pokemon or Call of Duty or the Arkham Series. Or any Bethesda game in the future.

It also completely neglects the shit of the past decade, where people were actually nonstop complaining about Yukes. We have every right to be bad for the game, but no need to be a melodramatic teen about it.

"I'm never talking to you again" "I'm going back to Justin!"

It's NOT over the top. Some of us spend are hard earned money. They dropped the ball this year with the bugs and more. People are upset and dont trust them anymore.

• 1 month later...

Another video from Leeper. He says that 2k should fix 2k20, apologize to everyone who bought the game, make all the DLC free, and for those whi bought it, give them partially refunds, cancel the upcoming game, and then make live series game with updates like GTA Online.

Why would you just give people partial refunds. If anything, discount the dlc and fully refund those who bought it. They are the ones that dealt with this mess from the jump. *Censored* a "partial refund"

Why does he, having been an actual part of the team, think that it's up to 2k not to release a game? He should know better. Dropping Live wasn't a death sentence for NBA as the license wasn't exclusive. Now if EA tried to skip a Madden, I can almost guarantee NFL would flip sheeit. If WWE whored the license, skipping a 2k would be more of a realistic thing

I never understood how splitting the team between fixing the current game and focusing on the next one was a bad thing. In theory, doesn't fixing 20 help 21? I know Yukes in the past dropped patches that just don't carry over to the next game (and will never get why) but that should be helping to make the proceeding game a more complete one.

WWE 2k def needs to become a live service game. Im sick of starting over every year. Especially after this fiasco. I can't even go back to 2k19 because ofc my saved data just corrupted. Which this bug has been around since at least SvR 2010 this has happened to me.

I swear. I have hundreds of xbox games. The only games i have every played that i have lost my save data. Are WWE games. Happened to me in SvR 2010, 2011, WWE 13, 2k17 and 19

WWE 2k def needs to become a live service game. Im sick of starting over every year. Especially after this fiasco. I can't even go back to 2k19 because ofc my saved data just corrupted. Which this bug has been around since at least SvR 2010 this has happened to me.

I swear. I have hundreds of xbox games. The only games i have every played that i have lost my save data. Are WWE games. Happened to me in SvR 2010, 2011, WWE 13, 2k17 and 19

It's only happened to me once with 2k14. I guess I've been fortunate. WWE being a live action game makes the most sense simply due to the fact that people are sick of it being outdated, and the updates would obviously keep the game fresh.

A: they'd have to make damn sure it comes out practically bugless.

B: They'd have to have a plan in place for proper gameplay improvement expansions.

C: no limits on logos or CAW amount.

D: *censored*ing no gouging the playerbase with MTs that are ridiculous.

E: WWE would need to sign off on that.

If they could accomplish all of those, then I could see a live service WWE game working. Otherwise I think it would just turn out worse.

A: they'd have to make damn sure it comes out practically bugless.

B: They'd have to have a plan in place for proper gameplay improvement expansions.

C: no limits on logos or CAW amount.

D: *censored*ing no gouging the playerbase with MTs that are ridiculous.

E: WWE would need to sign off on that.

If they could accomplish all of those, then I could see a live service WWE game working. Otherwise I think it would just turn out worse.

A: If they get proper dev time that wouldn't be an issue

B: I can see them having that

C: I can see there still being a limit on logos for sever stability reasons, and a very high CAW limit (approx. 1,000)

D: Theyve had the license for like half a decade and havent put MTs in, I dont think they will if the series goes GTA/Minecraft style

E: That's the only issue I can see.

Archived