Big Story Behind Saudi Arabia - Flight Issues?

Mr.Dreadful

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meltz didnt do shit, but sure lets blame him for no reason.

He created a panic with "rumors". Hugo Savinovich also claimed that WWE is owed $300 million which turned out to be $60 million. With only rumors they worried their families about them being hostages or that they are in legit danger.

I don't claim to know what happened, and I believe in the notion of "where there is smoke...". Maybe Vince got into some shit with the Saudis and they were flexing with the flight delay to *Censored* up their show. We don't know. But Meltzer "heard from people that were there" that the Crown prince messed up the flight and they weren't allowed to leave. Like, even if you are down there in that plane, you can't say for sure "oh yeah Crown prince is for sure delaying our flight", especially in a confusing situation like that. Maybe, they did get involved, maybe they didn't. We don't know. But sure, let's spread the narrative of being held hostage by a dictator. These are some *censored*ed up things.

What Styles said seems really plausible, and he was there. Even though in his statement there is a lot of room for speculation.

"Atlais Air", the flight company in charge of that charter released a statement about it.

My point is, he is to blame as much as the people that continued this and can't make a difference between a "rumor" and a corroborated fact

So basically what led to families of superstars and staff (about 200 people), panicking for their safety... are "rumors" from wrestling dirt sheet. Good job Meltz.

.... are you for real?

Yes. There is a difference between reporting that the flight is delayed and that there is no know reason why and what is happening, and rumors of a dictator personally delaying the plane because of a squabble with Vince, if he didn't know full and well that that might cause people to react they way they did, he should have. Because I doubt that he doesn't know what people think of the whole ordeal and Saudi Arabia. But yeah, he is in that kind of business. You think serious news outlets would talk about rumors in a situation like that? No, you report what you know or information corroborated from various sources, and not: "somebody in the plane thinks."

AJ Styles said his wife called in panic because of what she read, and he had to calm her down. Karl Anderson, similar situation... and I would believe that more of them have been in a situation like that. That's called *censored*ing with people.

My take on the timeline of events:

• Saudis owe WWE money
  • WWE air the Saudi feed on a tape delay, and (quite possibly) do the Nattie/Lacey match to spite the Saudis
  • Vince leaves
  • Crown Jewel ends
  • In response to point 2, Saudis *Censored* with the plane containing the roster, causing it to be delayed. Something Vince didn't account for.

It fits all the perspectives we've heard so far.

I'm pretty confident that Vince didn't leave before the show ended. Replace 3 and 4 and that's pretty much it.

And the possibility that they did the match "out of spite"... It was announced a few days before the event. I'm I'm pretty sure that something like that would have to be proved beforehand.

Yeah there was a reason why I said "quite possibly" on the women's match, I could see it going either way, you do have a point on the Saudis putting a kibosh on it before the event began than. And I am sure I heard something about Vince leaving before the show was over, either way I wouldn't be surprised if by the time he found out about the situation, he had already been in the air for several hours, far too late to just turn round.

So I guess they mean second annual as in they have Crown Jewel already, but the other show has been a different named show each year. So moving forward they'll have Crown Jewel and [Dookie Chips], consistently, for the remainder of the contract

Archived