Big Story Behind Saudi Arabia - Flight Issues?

Mr.Dreadful

Former WWE Spanish-language announcer Hugo Savinovich spilled some details on what allegedly happened in Saudi Arabia to cause the long flight delays that forced the wrestlers to miss Friday Night SmackDown.

Savinovich currently works for the AAA promotion in Mexico and he is well-connected due to the friendships he’s built during his 40+ years in the wrestling business. He also says he has connections to people in various countries, including Saudi Arabia.

Savinovich regularly does wrestling show recaps on his Facebook page. On Friday night, he recapped Friday Night SmackDown and spoke about the death of his wife Diane. He also added some credibility to the speculation around the situation with the flight delays in Saudi Arabia that affected WWE talent. WWE’s claim is that the flight was delayed due to mechanical issue but the word going around among the wrestlers is that there was an issue unrelated to the plane that caused the delays.

Savinovich noted that Brock Lesnar (and Paul Heyman) were able to leave the country because Lesnar flies on a private plane. Lesnar and Heyman left a couple of hours after the show and before the travel issues with the rest of the roster surfaced.

Savinovich added that McMahon was not paid for two shows in Saudi Arabia. He says he doesn’t know the exact figure that is owed but he’s owed millions of dollars and it could be somewhere between $300 to $500 million that is owed to WWE. He added that McMahon retaliated by cutting off the Crown Jewel live TV feed in Saudi Arabia.

Savinovich went on to say that the Crown Prince was so upset by the feed being cut off that he ordered to have the wrestlers be taken off Atlas Air just before the plane was about to take off. Savinovich was very clear when he said that this is not a hearsay rumor and he heard this directly from someone who has direct knowledge of the situation.

Savinovich pointed out that if mechanical issues were the real reason for the plane being delayed then McMahon could have easily paid to get his wrestlers on another flight so they could get to SmackDown in Buffalo. However, as already stated above, Savinovich says the issues had everything to do with money and the Crown Jewel feed being cut off and the order from the Crown Prince in retaliation.

Several mainstream outlets, including CNN, reported on Thursday about WWE’s stock plunging due to concerns from stockholders about the company not being able to secure a new TV deal in the Middle East. It’s not clear if this is related to the money issues with Saudi Arabia but this is a story worth following. We’ll post updates on this story when we hear more.

https://www.wrestlingattitude.com/2019/11/big-story-behind-saudi-arabia-flight.html

Yet Even More on The Reported Story Behind WWE-Saudi Arabia Travel Issues

As noted earlier tonight, there seems to be more to the WWE-Saudi Arabia travel delay story than just a mechanical issue.

Dave Meltzer noted that one person in the company said that WWE has been trying to get as much video as possible from wrestlers so they can claim that the mechanical issues were the problem.

There are people on Twitter claiming that Crown Jewel aired on delay, which is unusual since the previous shows aired live. That could back up the claim that McMahon did indeed pull the live feed and then eventually agreed to air the show later on delay.

Meltzer wrote: "One person in the company said WWE is trying to get video from as much talent as possible to claim the mechanical issues on the plane were the problem. Just the fact they would do this is very strange.

The big question is whether the story is true that the beginning of the show didn't air on television in that region, which I've heard people say but haven't heard from anyone in KSA aside from one tweet early in the show that was sent to me."

For the most part, wrestlers have not said anything publicly about what went down but Luke Harper took a jab at WWE’s statement that was posted on their website on Friday.

The WWE statement issued on Friday read in part, “With SmackDown set to emanate live from Buffalo, N.Y., several Superstars felt so strongly that they arranged for their own separate charter in order to make it back to the U.S. for the show. Due to unforeseen issues, that charter will not land until after the live broadcast on FOX.”

Harper said on Instagram: “Larry, I’m home. I guess I didn’t want it enough to pay for my own charter, but I’m home now. #NotTop20”

Tyson Kidd sarcastically commented on Harper’s post: “Next time we’ll pool our money together instead of being lazy.”

Andrade tweeted that he’s back home in the United States and added an emoji with zipped up lips. Curtis Axel also referenced the “Top 20,” the wrestlers who WWE says tried to charter their own plane.

It looks like there’s a lot more to this story and more news should come out in the next few days.

https://www.wrestlingattitude.com/2019/11/yet-even-more-on-reported-story-behind.html

if any of this is true, and by seeing some of those tweets it may be, Vince was completely irresponsible pulling that kind of shit thus having the crown prince retaliating by halting their plane, that's scary shit.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welly yeah, it was unlikely that it was a "mechanical issue"... but it's easy to get into conspiracy theories atm. I can totally see that the Crown prince was flexing with that delay, as in: "we will *Censored* up your show on friday". I mean sure, some people are just kidding about it obviously, but there are a lot who think they were really in danger of being executed or some shit. I mean, what the *Censored*? Things don't work like that...

"One person in the company said WWE is trying to get video from as much talent as possible to claim the mechanical issues on the plane were the problem. Just the fact they would do this is very strange."

Yeah... I don't know if they would get away with that lmao. Especially in this day and age.

Tbh this is just dirt sheet gold for now, and will be for some time.

I'm sure there are wild things going in that Saudi deal, but as I've said, with with the world in the state that it is, it's easy to come to irrational conclusions.

A fundamentalist country, known to execute reporters and journalists and women for any number of reasons temporarily holding citizens from other countries hostage, by preventing them from leaving the country is no laughing matter.

No conspiracy needed. Saudi Arabia does not deserve the benefit of the doubt for anything.

A different prince might have thought of a different thing to get back at Vince McMahon. Again.

No conspiracy needed. This country executed a journalist rather recently.

but there is a difference between executing a journalist and doing everything to cover it up (even tough ultimately they didn't really do a good job of it), and executing a plane full of performers of a world renowned US company.

And no, I'm not treating it like "it's a no laughing matter"

I hope it is true that they owe WWE money, because maybe that's what leads to the end of this horrible thing and it's a way to get out of it.

but there is a difference between executing a journalist and doing everything to cover it up (even tough ultimately they didn't really do a good job of it), and executing a plane full of performers of a world renowned US company.

And no, I'm not treating it like "it's a no laughing matter"

I hope it is true that they owe WWE money, because maybe that's what leads to the end of this horrible thing and it's a way to get out of it.

It doesn't have to be the exact same thing to be considered dangerous.

Do you really need Saudi Arabia to execute a roster member before we can aknowledge this as being a scary and dangerous situation?

Seriously. The bar for that risk is really low with a country such as Saudi Arabia and the fact that they just had the very first women competing in a "combative" sport in a country that apologized for showing women's hair on TV two shows ago doesn't help.

again, what risks are we talking about? It's always thrown out there, but not really defined.

The risk of Saudi Arabia going full Saudi Arabia on people, for not doing as their Monarchy demands.

That's pretty vague. You do realize that if something God forbid happened to them in the sense that you are getting at, it would be a major international incident? You are talking about US citizens. And the difference between a political danger for the regime and a random civilian performers of your allied country and a major superpower is not insignificant.

again, what risks are we talking about? It's always thrown out there, but not really defined.

The risk of Saudi Arabia going full Saudi Arabia on people, for not doing as their Monarchy demands.

That's pretty vague. You do realize that if something God forbid happened to them in the sense that you are getting at, it would be a major international incident? You are talking about US citizens. And the difference between a political danger for the regime and a random civilian performers of your allied country and a major superpower is not insignificant.

And that is what is scary about this? It's precisely what everyone is pointing out?

Holding US citizens hostage already is a major international incident, especially US citizens who work under a guy linked to the US president.

Heard the princes weren't unanimously on board with the women's match, which caused shit in terms of not getting paid and the plane thing. So that's nice.

Agreed, but like I've said, so many things of this mess is pretty unclear and the dirt sheets will be all over it with God knows what information. Like at one point they say they were almost held hostage but i another sentence that they were "allowed to leave", leave where exactly? :lol:

Tbh, this is not a "minor incident" for the talent and the staff, and I'm not downplaying it, because they should have the leverage now to be severely compensated to say the least, if though I'm sure the management and Vince will try to spin it.

Maybe I was unclear before, I'm not downplaying it as not being an unsafe work environment, and a plethora of other issues... but to be serious that they were in danger of being killed is something different. I just wanted to clear that up.

And that is what is scary about this? It's precisely what everyone is pointing out?

Maybe I cleared up my point on the upper text. I'm just talking about irrationality of thinking they were in danger of being killed.

Well, if that's true, Vince is a complete waste of oxygen, what an asshole. It just proves how greedy he's got about money, and how little respect he seems to have on the talent. Now they have all the rights in the world to screw the company and leave when they can. Seriously this is unacceptable.

Archived