2k releasing a patch today according to their twitter

TheAbyss24

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually stopped playing the game. I just cant play Universe at all. Always crashing, the clipping is horrible in all modes, alt attires mess up the hair even more, its just a mess. Thank God Death Stranding was released just a few weeks later.

My bad i have sold my ps4 and let the xbox one

This is the smartest way they can go about this. Put out patches whenever you get a chunk of progress and then work on more fixes as the rush of user complaints about sheeit the patch broke come in, rinse and repeat until they get it right and keep it right IF they even can

Not only is that a smart way to go, it also lets me catch up on the backlog of other games in my collection. For the first time in what seems like forever, I'll have one My Career play through completed before I even touch Universe mode.

And several of the Towers and BITN content, as well.

Them keeping so quiet is making things worse, if they're working on another patch they need to tell us and give us a time table and they need to ensure us they're fixing caw mode.

nnno. I would prefer they not announce anything until the patch is tested and near release. Don't get me excited for a patch thats rushed.

I'm not saying for them to announce its coming tomorrow just that they're working on another one that addresses caw modes issues and that they will take their time with it.

of course it's being worked on.

Man, 2k has really dropped the ball this year. You had a near perfect game in 2k19, and they went and crapped the bed with 2k20. I know they only had a year to work on it, but seriously, all you had to do was take 2k19, add Riddle, Yim, Lee , Ripley, Andrews, Storm, and Ryker, keep Dain and Wolfe, and call it a day. I know that it might be easier said than done, but they could have done that. Instead, we got this steaming pile of horse crap that is 2k20.

Man, 2k has really dropped the ball this year. You had a near perfect game in 2k19, and they went and crapped the bed with 2k20. I know they only had a year to work on it, but seriously, all you had to do was take 2k19, add Riddle, Yim, Lee , Ripley, Andrews, Storm, and Ryker, keep Dain and Wolfe, and call it a day. I know that it might be easier said than done, but they could have done that. Instead, we got this steaming pile of horse crap that is 2k20.

Their excuse was that when yukes left they were standing in front of a wall of Code.

Fact is, VC was together with yukes for 5 years now so if they would had bothered to use that time to get to know that Code and look yukes over the shoulder, they wouldn't had stand in front of a "wall of Code" Prior to wwe2k20 when yukes left.

Instead they would had known at least the core of it so they can bring a solid base to the market with a few Features here and there.

Then they waited until yukes left, then took over in their overconfidence, checked the Code and said "SHIT! How do we do that now???".

On the top of that, instead of focusing on the core of the base, they went to change controls and other stuff that didn't need a change only so they can put their "stamp" on the game so they can say it's all theirs which ruined the whole thing even more.

Their excuse was that when yukes left they were standing in front of a wall of Code.

Fact is, VC was together with yukes for 5 years now so if they would had bothered to use that time to get to know that Code and look yukes over the shoulder, they wouldn't had stand in front of a "wall of Code" Prior to wwe2k20 when yukes left.

Instead they would had known at least the core of it so they can bring a solid base to the market with a few Features here and there.

Then they waited until yukes left, then took over in their overconfidence, checked the Code and said "SHIT! How do we do that now???".

On the top of that, instead of focusing on the core of the base, they went to change controls and other stuff that didn't need a change only so they can put their "stamp" on the game so they can say it's all theirs which ruined the whole thing even more.

you're making an assumption about how the deal & team was structured prior to this year. there were no engineers on the team and code was not accessible.

Ugh, so here I am thinking Yukes showed them a little bit of this and a little bit of that. This sound more like the expanded VC team basically jumped in blind which is both fascinating and terrifying. They were set up to fail pretty much. Busted code nobody has a clue about and a one year dev cycle that has no budge. Nasty

Look over their shoulder... at a company an ocean away... that speaks a different language... while also focusing on the mocap.

Yeah I'm Pretty sure that all the documents were written in japanese and they only communicated with 2k with sign language…..

Seriously? You wanna use this excuse? Common!

Besides we are talking about 5 years! Not the one year everyone assumes.

If you know that you will be taking over at 2019 and you are there since 2014 you will say "everything is fine, I can do this!" OR would you rather get yourself some Knowledge 1-2 years before to have the Knowledge how Things are being built before you take over?

I'm Pretty sure you would do the second.

you're making an assumption about how the deal & team was structured prior to this year. there were no engineers on the team and code was not accessible.

If this was the case then this is another Point that asks WHY there were no engineers on the Team for the last 5 years to check the Code out?

Pretty sure that they would had been able to check the Code out cause if it was contractually enclosed that nobody is allowed to Access this Code, they wouldn't had gotten any Code at all instead of having it now without knowing what to do with it.

Which means that we wouldn't sit on a broken game based on yukes Code but rather would had something entirely new that was made from Scratch which is definately not the case.

^ Couldn't look at the code until Yukes left =/= Could never look at the code at all

Even if this should had been the case yukes left Prior to WWE2K20 which means they could had used the year to get to know the Code, fix Bugs and issues and deliver a solid base with a healthy core for the customers while adding a updated roster and the female Career mode.

Instead they wanted to put their stamp on it by chasing stuff that didn't need to be changed and add new modes that wasn't nessecary for now.

We all know the result I guess.

^ Couldn't look at the code until Yukes left =/= Could never look at the code at all

Even if this should had been the case yukes left Prior to WWE2K20 which means they could had used the year to get to know the Code, fix Bugs and issues and deliver a solid base with a healthy core for the customers while adding a updated roster and the female Career mode.

Instead they wanted to put their stamp on it by chasing stuff that didn't need to be changed and add new modes that wasn't nessecary for now.

Oh! Seems you cracked the code! They should have just not done the glitches! Damn. Yeah. That would have been nice

Dealing with Yukes code seemed to be a bit like cooking puffer fish. Got a bunch of people who have no clue screaming st them that it should be easy to fix the code/cook the fish when in reality it's anything but.

Dealing with Yukes code seemed to be a bit like cooking puffer fish. Got a bunch of people who have no clue screaming st them that it should be easy to fix the code/cook the fish when in reality it's anything but.

It is hard figuring out code even with good documentation. And even worse if their is none or poor documentation or documentation in another language that had to be first translated. And in programming it is one of the most boring part so people usually don't put much effort into it.

Who knows. NBA 2k20 has been a let down too. What's up with 2k this year?

They showed their real face as a Company, overconfident and cocky in their behaviour just rolled out half-assed games because they knew people will buy them and find excuses for them anyway.

I guess they were Standing in front of a "wall of Code" in the NBA game too Right???

Poor babies! :P

Oh! Seems you cracked the code! They should have just not done the glitches! Damn. Yeah. That would have been nice

Yay! You can do sarcasm! Congratulations! <_<

Let's have them next year do the same and focus on changing controls, graphics and other things instead of getting the core of the game fixed again cause it is important to change stuff that didn't needed to be changed and ignore the important things that are broken in the first place right?

Hope you enjoy your game as much you enjoy defending them!

Okay. I don't think you understand what "the core of the game" is or how you develop a video game.

I've said it before and I will say it again. People already complain about yearly game series barely changing between games. What you're just asking of them is to do literally nothing else than fixing the code between games.

You can't sell anything based on this.

The game, at its current state is a glitchy and buggy mess. Nobody denies that. But lets criticise it for the right reasons and not make general assumptions based on faulty perception that you have on game development or just coding in general. Again. You're asking for something that is impossible to do for something, bound by a yearly contract. Fixing the core of the game is not something that can be done as easily as you want it to be. Especially if there is no documentation on the way a 20 year old code was developed year for year.

This game was a waste of my money. I've said as much. But I'm not going to blame a developer for issues caused by a previous developer and publisher, aswell as being tied down by a yearly release shedule. Look at the initial release of No Man's Sky and how it was changed later. Do you think the developers wanted to release the game in the state it was in at the beginning? No. Obviously not. But they were tied down by a release shedule.

If you want a No Man's Sky of Wrestling games, you get 2k15, but without the creation suite.

Archived